ImageImageImageImageImage

how do we all want lakers to play next season

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Re: how do we all want lakers to play next season 

Post#21 » by Beethoven » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:18 pm

This is an ideal playoff roster and team play I would believe. We just have to weather the storm through the reg season and get into a high seed and make sure everyone is healthy.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#22 » by mighty_duck » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 pm

I'd like to see Lebron's pet play (hold the ball just beyond top of the key, then drive left , either scoring, dropping off to your center, or finding an open shooter when defense collapses) - start earlier. Lebron typically waits until there are only 7 seconds on the shot clock to start the move, and if there is any mistake, there is no time to do anything but chuck a contested jumper.
It was still an efficient play, but if you start it at 12 seconds, you give yourself a chance to fix mistakes.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#23 » by lazybatman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:22 am

Kilroy wrote:I don't care how they play... This group of talent on offense will figure it out... That said, I don't think this is a running team like we've had the last couple seasons... I think we can get out in transition, but I think we're going to be most effective in the half court. LOOOOOTS of PnR between AD/LeBron/Cousins/McGee/Green/Kuz...

So on paper, I'd say we should try to be a defensive stopper first and a slow it down/grind it out team on offense...

I'd like that offensive strategy.

I don't believe this unit is ever gonna crack into top 10 defenses category, it'll be a huge mistake to even try. We'll need staple good, smart system defense. Lead by AD, Avery Bradley & Danny Green(perhaps playoff Lebron), we gotta be a pesky decent defense. Anymore will risk major injuries to an ageing / injury prone squad, and that spells GAME OVER!!!

I think if Frank Vogel buys into Lebron and embraces the qualities of the squad, we'll be damn near unstoppable on offense.

Offense always trumps defense in today's soft league. Lets embrace that.

1. PnR
Lebron & AD PnR should be our staple, with shooters and slashers wreaking havoc around. Not that those two need much help at what they do best anyway.

AD, Bron, Boogie, McGee can all play roll / pop game(except Mcgee shouldn't pop).

Rondo, Bron, Boogie(yes Boogie), Caruso, Cook can all play ball handlers.

2. Playing through Bron & Boogie post ups. Both are amazingly strong finishers who can absorb contact. Could get defensive bigs in foul trouble. The understated part about Boogie is Lebron-esque passing ability to slashers more so than kick outs to 3 pt shooters.

3. Lebron with 2nd unit full of shooters - Lebron + Cousins, KCP, Cook, Caruso, Dudley, Daniels, King Kuz

4. Lebron, Boogie, AD - ISO Ball and kick outs to shooters.

I'd dearly like Korver and Reddick added to this lineup by the playoffs. Those two guys are only second to the Splash Bros in off the ball movement and 3 pt shooting, and stand to add an entirely new dimension to our offense, specially last 2 minute offensive squads and bench special units next to Lebron. Curry and Klay don't just stand and shoot open 3s, they amass the max miles ran on the court every game, hence running defenses ragged and opening up driving lanes for the likes of KD. Again, I don't think they're the splash bros, or we wouldn't be able to afford them. Just believe we should fill up the roster with quality rather than warm bodies.

lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by lazybatman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:32 am

SweetTouch wrote:Going to have to score more than the other team most nights

Right on the money.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by lazybatman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:36 am

Great Interview!
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#26 » by ShowtimeFan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Boogie's potential with this team is downright scary!

He has the potential to score just as many ppg as Kawhi would have, plus he can get more rebounds and clog up the middle on defense, two things Kawhi cannot do.

I still like bringing Boogie and Kuz off the bench, Lakers simply do not need that added firepower of starting those guys, it also allows the Lakers to play more of a traditional set-up with Guards matching up against Guards and Forwards against Forwards.

It also allows the Lakers to start their two best defensive Guards against the opposing teams' best Guards.

With that, I see a Starting line-up of:
PG: Bradly
SG: Green
SF: LeBron
PF: Davis
C: McGee

Vogel can stagger how he brings in the bench, but McGee usually goes out quickly, which is perfect since Boogie, can come in, then Kuz for Davis and Rondo (the 2nd best assist-guy on the Team after LeBron) can run the Bench as LeBron reduces his minutes for the long run and to be fresh for the playoffs.

I see a Bench line-up of:
PG: Rondo, Caruso
SG: Cook, Daniels
SF: Dudley
PF: Kuz
C: Cousins

That will keep two 20ppg scorers on the court and a 8apg guy, with some youth as well.

Klippers are touted as having all this great depth, well it's not all about "having depth" it's how you use it!
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#27 » by Lakernut4ever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:09 pm

I wish Boogie will return in his scary Sactown form and play twin towers efficiently with AD again.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by lazybatman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:03 pm

ShowtimeFan wrote:Boogie's potential with this team is downright scary!

He has the potential to score just as many ppg as Kawhi would have, plus he can get more rebounds and clog up the middle on defense, two things Kawhi cannot do.

I still like bringing Boogie and Kuz off the bench, Lakers simply do not need that added firepower of starting those guys, it also allows the Lakers to play more of a traditional set-up with Guards matching up against Guards and Forwards against Forwards.

It also allows the Lakers to start their two best defensive Guards against the opposing teams' best Guards.

With that, I see a Starting line-up of:
PG: Bradly
SG: Green
SF: LeBron
PF: Davis
C: McGee

Vogel can stagger how he brings in the bench, but McGee usually goes out quickly, which is perfect since Boogie, can come in, then Kuz for Davis and Rondo (the 2nd best assist-guy on the Team after LeBron) can run the Bench as LeBron reduces his minutes for the long run and to be fresh for the playoffs.

I see a Bench line-up of:
PG: Rondo, Caruso
SG: Cook, Daniels
SF: Dudley
PF: Kuz
C: Cousins

That will keep two 20ppg scorers on the court and a 8apg guy, with some youth as well.

Klippers are touted as having all this great depth, well it's not all about "having depth" it's how you use it!

That sounds like fun!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers