Lead Assistant
And1: 5,197

Re: LeBron James Thread 

Post#21 » by lakerz12 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:40 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

The league is in trouble....THE BIG PAYBACK

We need AD, Kuzma, and everyone else to play well. We can't expect LeBron to carry the team. Maybe if this was 2010 LeBron. But he has declined and the rest of the league has gotten better.

We saw how far "Playoff Mode Activated" got us ... Lakers need to play excellent team ball in order to win.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 10,905

Post#22 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 am

lakerz12 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

We need AD, Kuzma, and everyone else to play well. We can't expect LeBron to carry the team. Maybe if this was 2010 LeBron. But he has declined and the rest of the league has gotten better.

We saw how far "Playoff Mode Activated" got us ... Lakers need to play excellent team ball in order to win.

The team last year was not complementary to LeBron at all.

The team this year is. Without AD, this team would make the playoffs playing LeBron ball.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
lakerz12
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by lakerz12 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:02 am

zimpy27 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

The team last year was not complementary to LeBron at all.

The team this year is. Without AD, this team would make the playoffs playing LeBron ball.

Okay that's good. But I'm talking about winning a championship. And 35 year old LeBron is not enough.

If anything, AD needs to be the best player on this team. And I think LeBron knows that. If the "others" step up we will have a chance.
thebigbird
Starter
And1: 5,225

Post#24 » by thebigbird » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:27 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

The Lakers were the second worst 3 pt shooting team last year and LeBron wasn't healthy when he returned. Not remotely similar to this year for so many reasons.
lakerz12
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by lakerz12 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:39 pm

thebigbird wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

The Lakers were the second worst 3 pt shooting team last year and LeBron wasn't healthy when he returned. Not remotely similar to this year for so many reasons.

If he wasn't healthy why did he say "Playoff Mode Activated". Obviously he thought he could go to another level and propel them to the Playoffs, but he couldn't. He was used to playing in the weak East.

Obviously this year is different and I expect LeBron to be great.

I'm just saying that him on some payback tour is not enough. Even if he plays fantastic, we need the other guys to improve and AD to be great if we're going to go deep into the Playoffs.

I.e. the West is too strong for 35 year old LeBron ball.
thebigbird
Starter

Post#26 » by thebigbird » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:05 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:

If he wasn't healthy why did he say "Playoff Mode Activated". Obviously he thought he could go to another level and propel them to the Playoffs, but he couldn't. He was used to playing in the weak East.

Obviously this year is different and I expect LeBron to be great.

I'm just saying that him on some payback tour is not enough. Even if he plays fantastic, we need the other guys to improve and AD to be great if we're going to go deep into the Playoffs.

I.e. the West is too strong for 35 year old LeBron ball.

I mean, I don't think playing in the West had anything to do with it. I believe LeBron had a better record against the West than the East last season. Lebron got hurt, a bunch of other guys got hurt too, and they couldn't shoot. When they were all healthy they had a great record. Idk why lebron said "playoff mode activated", who knows. From watching him play it was apparent that he wasn't completely healthy. I imagine he came back early because the team was struggling and he thought he could help.
stan francisco
Analyst
And1: 846

Post#27 » by stan francisco » Mon Sep 2, 2019 2:30 pm

If I were James, with my legacy at stake and more rings within reach, with the outlooks of either going down as a true Laker great or having already faded; I’d be looking no further than right across the hallway at Kawhi. That’s the bar which James has to clear.

Clippers or Lakers is gonna be determined in four one-on-one matchups between the two and in a possible WCF seven game series. One of the two LA teams will be the champions.

We have a significant advantage in AD, but otherwise matchup evenly with the Clippers. Assuming LeBron can keep pace with Leonard and not get outplayed by him, we beat them in seven games because of AD being unstoppable.

That’s the only question James needs to ask himself. How to beat Kawhi on both ends. Kawhi is working his ass off right now to improve enough to dominate LeBron, I can guarantee it.

I’d hope LeBron is doing the same and looking forward to shutting up all the doubters.

What’s clear to me is that I think we’ll have two of the top three players in the world on our team next season. 1. Davis 2. Leonard 3. James
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,113

Post#28 » by TKainZero » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:56 am

I just have to say...
Lebron is making himself so much more hateable by trying to copyright “taco Tuesday”

What a tool...
What an absolute pillock
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
One Love
Starter
And1: 274

Post#29 » by One Love » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:46 pm

This year & last year are polar opposites in roster configuration, coaching and defensive philosophy... Rob put shooters not creators around LBJ, added another star in AD (not waiting for the kids) & hired a coach that will actually run an offense as well as implement some defensive schemes...

In terms of LBJ, at least he had the “balls” to come to LaLa when PG & the others backed out... It may not be 100% about hoops but the man deserves credit... Don’t think we get AD without LBJ in the mix... If you hate LBJ, watch New Orleans & scratch Zion & Holiday, as that would be our roster this season...

Lakeshow Baby...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 7,233

Post#30 » by Kilroy » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:47 pm

TKainZero wrote:I just have to say...
Lebron is making himself so much more hateable by trying to copyright “taco Tuesday”

What a tool...
What an absolute pillock

The season can't start fast enough, because the off-season is all about Lebron's Brand and lining his pockets... I agree... It's nauseating.

It makes it tough to decipher what's real about these players and this team right now. Makes you worry these guys are all going to coast through the season, smile and sign endorsement deals.
Adrian "ThaClippers" Wojnarowski
thebigbird
Starter

Post#31 » by thebigbird » Wed Sep 4, 2019 3:35 pm

What a tool...
What an absolute pillock

Why do you care? If this bothers you then you've never really liked the guy. Shoot your shot. The Patent office will decide.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,113

Post#32 » by TKainZero » Today 2:52 am

thebigbird wrote:

What a tool...
What an absolute pillock

Why do you care? If this bothers you then you've never really liked the guy. Shoot your shot. The Patent office will decide.

Because he is on the lakers
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers