ImageImageImageImageImage

The Cousins injury thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 6,816

Re: Cousins has torn ACL 

Post#101 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm gonna throw out a name that hasn't been mentioned yet (I think)...how about Christian Wood? He filled it up in the g league, and even pitched in 17 and 8 with the Pelicans last season. He's got good bounce and length, I'd rather gamble on a young guy than go after some of these guys on the backend of their careers.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 8,716

Post#102 » by TyCobb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm

I still think we should do a trade revolving around Kuzma and Sabonis as the main pieces.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,113

Post#103 » by TKainZero » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:14 pm

TyCobb wrote:I still think we should do a trade revolving around Kuzma and Sabonis as the main pieces.

Is that an option?
Because, that would be amazing

I don’t see why the pacers would
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
stan francisco
Analyst
And1: 846

Post#104 » by stan francisco » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:35 pm

TyCobb wrote:I still think we should do a trade revolving around Kuzma and Sabonis as the main pieces.

Kuzma stays. :D Highest on-court value per dollar on the entire team. Not the time to trade him. By the TD his trade value will have skyrocketed.

We don’t need a new plan. We need a C. What we need from a Center is low post D, rebounding and hard screens. A euro vet or Monroe.

Kuzma’s trade value right now is as low as it’ll ever be; for his career. I see huge potential in him but any trade partner will pretend they don’t and base it on last year’s misrepresenting stats.

KCP and Cook can be the centerpieces of any trade for someone like Nurkic, if Rob can somehow make miracles happen around that marvelous a package of one-way guards.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 6,816

Post#105 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:05 pm

Pacers wouldn't even entertain that offer, we'd have to get a third team involved somehow.
First Take
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#106 » by First Take » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Wavy Q wrote:Lets bring back Bynum guys

I'd be in favor to bring back former 2x NBA Champion Andrew Bynum to play at center! If Bynum does not work out, I say we get Dwight Howard!
Favorite Basketball Players: LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard, Kawhi Leonard
Favorite Analyst: Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe
Favorite Basketball Teams: Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Toronto Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 10,929

Post#107 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:38 pm

Lakers just need a regular season C backup. There are plenty of options, there is no stress here. Cousins was like the 5th or 6th most important player.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TravisScott55
Senior
And1: 1,327

Post#108 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:05 pm

I'm so sad for Cousins man.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#109 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Noah is actually the best FA prospect.
He had some decent chemistry with Bradley last season.
Mejri is probably 2nd best FA prospect.

Khem Birch and Baynes are the best trade options I believe.

I say no to Dwight and Monroe
TheHartBreakKid
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,020

Post#110 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:25 pm

This doesn't make or break our season, but he definitely was the best X-factor candidate we had, and losing him hurts. I think we should hang on to him either way until he is ruled out for the year or there is a buy out candidate like TT available....if he returns in the playoffs he can be a nice limited minute guy depending on particular matchups, and I would rather have him do that for us than say the clippers.

Also, I think even after an achilles, and the quad and now the ACL, I think Cousins is a solid piece to have for the minimum, and I wouldn't mind retaining him passed this year. I think there is value in keeping him on board until absolutely necessary.
A wise man told me don't argue with fools
‘Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
stan francisco
Analyst
And1: 846

Post#111 » by stan francisco » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:23 am

zimpy27 wrote:Noah is actually the best FA prospect.

Why no to Monroe?

I’m in on Noah.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
TheHartBreakKid
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:30 am

stan francisco wrote:

Why no to Monroe?

I’m in on Noah.

A Pass on Monroe for me as well.

He doesn't have the athleticism to finish in the paint / throw down the lobs that whoever that plays in this position will have. He's not particularly a good rim protector and is a liability in switches and the P&R, and he's not a floor spacer. He does a little bit of everything, but nothing particularly well.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#113 » by zimpy27 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:45 am

stan francisco wrote:

Why no to Monroe?

I’m in on Noah.

Monroe was a negative impact player a few years ago. He's slow, so he's a huge liability defensively and he gives you nothing dynamic on the offensive end. Offensive rebounds may be his one major value.

You could bet on a resurgence from him if you wanted to but I don't think it's a good bet, much better players available.
KobeBryant24
Starter
And1: 2,054

Post#114 » by KobeBryant24 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:02 am

Is it not possible for him to be here for the playoff run?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 1,272

Post#115 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 am

I dont advocate for monroe, but this is a situation where we leave no stone unturned.
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#116 » by zimpy27 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:34 am

KobeBryant24 wrote:Is it not possible for him to be here for the playoff run?

It definitely is. If he gets the surgery this week he could be ready to go with a month left in the season.

If he gets back for the first round of the playoffs. Then he needs to work his way into it. Probably won't get to consistent 20mpg until the middle of the second round. Still valuable, will need him in the conf finals.

Problem is that he has had multiple injuries and he's a big guy. The most likely situation is a year, which means he misses whole season.

It's a big risk, but can you even trade him injured? I don't think you can.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,710

Post#117 » by dockingsched » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:23 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:This doesn't make or break our season, but he definitely was the best X-factor candidate we had, and losing him hurts. I think we should hang on to him either way until he is ruled out for the year or there is a buy out candidate like TT available....if he returns in the playoffs he can be a nice limited minute guy depending on particular matchups, and I would rather have him do that for us than say the clippers.

Also, I think even after an achilles, and the quad and now the ACL, I think Cousins is a solid piece to have for the minimum, and I wouldn't mind retaining him passed this year. I think there is value in keeping him on board until absolutely necessary.

I think Avery Bradley is by far the best X-factor candidate. His age makes it so that his decline is most likely due to his nagging injuries, he now says he’s finally healthy again. If he can lockdown opposing guards, it’s something the team doesn’t have anywhere else.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TheHartBreakKid
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:32 am

dockingsched wrote:
TheHartBreakKid wrote:This doesn't make or break our season, but he definitely was the best X-factor candidate we had, and losing him hurts. I think we should hang on to him either way until he is ruled out for the year or there is a buy out candidate like TT available....if he returns in the playoffs he can be a nice limited minute guy depending on particular matchups, and I would rather have him do that for us than say the clippers.

I think Avery Bradley is by far the best X-factor candidate. His age makes it so that his decline is most likely due to his nagging injuries, he now says he’s finally healthy again. If he can lockdown opposing guards, it’s something the team doesn’t have anywhere else.

I had cousins as the top X factor, but with him gone, I agree, Bradley is the guy, with Kuz the only other candidate. He (Bradley) can look like a solid starter on this team if things go right. He needs to do things to achieve that; should well from the three and play acceptable defense on opposing point guards. I'm fairly confident he'll shoot well, but regarding his defense, I would need to see it to believe it regarding his health, but I'm cautiously optimistic considering his age, as you said.
TylersLakers
General Manager
And1: 1,886

Post#119 » by TylersLakers » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:04 am

Ball so hard wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:Yup, he was the X-Factor. Huge responsibility falls on Kuzma now.

I’d release him, pay him out his 3.5 million guaranteed. Don’t fight it, tell him he’ll have a roster spot next season if he wants it.

Then we sign Noah, who was really good last season or Faried.

Either way, Anthony Davis is going to be playing a whole lot more C now. McGee shouldn’t play anything more than 22 MPG.

I think both Noah and Bron hate each other. I don't see them playing together.

Why do you say huge responsibility on Kuzma? I sure hope Vogel doesn't follow this cockamamie idea of playing Kuzma at center.

Kuz won't play C, but Anthony Davis will play more 5 against most teams, so Kuzma will play the minutes. He's gotta step up and produce big time. There's no waiting anymore. If he's not good by the deadline, I could easily see him being traded away.
TylersLakers
General Manager
And1: 1,886

Post#120 » by TylersLakers » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:07 am

By the way, NO to Dwight Howard. Just no.

- Speights
- Noah
- Faried

Would be my current list.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers