ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight Howard to Lakers

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Re: Dwight Howard to Lakers 

Post#121 » by JVL » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:32 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:This series is where he's earned his pay. And should we go the next round, we are going to punish either of those teams on the interior. I can see it in Dwight and Rondos eyes. These are Older Men who know this is their last opportunity for a Championship. Last Rodeo. Rondo, because he's tired of living off of that last 1 over a decade ago. And Dwight, cause he don't want to be a Charles Barkley.

Exactly, well said. These veterans always thought of themselves as champions and you can see the hunger in their game to get that ring in the twilight of their careers. Rondo has been here before but that's been a long time ago.

I love that quiet determination to do whatever it takes to get there. The ego is gone, it's all about the team and the end goal. Too bad it took Dwight so long to understand that. He should've been there after his Orlando stint.
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#122 » by lautreamont » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Dwight and LeBron are athletic freaks of nature.
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#123 » by FlashFlood » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:25 pm

Hey there, not a Lakers fan but I gotta say Dwight Howard has completely changed. How many times in his youth would he insist on isolating in the post for his baby hook ? How many times would he look lackadaisical on defense, especially if he didn't touch the ball?

Dwight in these playoffs is engaged, a rough role player with intense defense, active hands, active feet, and when he catches the ball he makes the open pass. I used to hate watching the big meathead, but I'm really enjoying him in these playoffs. What a turn around, late in his career!
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#124 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:53 pm

Dwights turn around is a True Redemption story
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#125 » by LBC SoCal » Fri Oct 2, 2020 3:18 am

His demeanor has changed. Younger version was more layback and seemed somewhat of a jokester. Current version of Dwight seems more intense, competitive, enforcer, bully. I love it.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers