Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: DeMarcus Cousins under investigation for threats against ex-wife 

Post#41 » by Landsberger » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:01 pm

BigRedDog wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:The hole thing sounds like a setup. Why was she recording this call in the first place?

I think everyone is overreacting a little. He might have just been drunk and not really meant he wanted to kill her.

He's about to learn a tough life lesson though, if youre a star you can get away with a lot of stuff. But if you become a middling athlete in the metoo era you cant have this type of stuff on your resume. Teams wont sign you or at the very least wont pay you much.

I'll give you a reason she recorded it..... my guess is that this isn't the first time he'd done it.

You tell someone that your going to shoot them and it's a crime. If it's the mother of your kid it's a crime.

You're really worried about his resume'...... really? That's what came to your mind out of this?

Just hate to see men get caught up in their emotions and let manipulative women ruin their lives. You've got to be so careful around them man.

Dude.... we know nothing about her. OTOH he's shown a lack of control and entitlement with both teammates and coaches in his career. I'd venture a guess that this is the latest in a string of similar occurrences and she finally recorded one.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#42 » by BigRedDog » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:35 pm

Landsberger wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
I'll give you a reason she recorded it..... my guess is that this isn't the first time he'd done it.

You tell someone that your going to shoot them and it's a crime. If it's the mother of your kid it's a crime.

You're really worried about his resume'...... really? That's what came to your mind out of this?

Just hate to see men get caught up in their emotions and let manipulative women ruin their lives. You've got to be so careful around them man.

Dude.... we know nothing about her. OTOH he's shown a lack of control and entitlement with both teammates and coaches in his career. I'd venture a guess that this is the latest in a string of similar occurrences and she finally recorded one.

I don't know she strikes me as one of these people who throws the first punch and then the 2nd person gets caught retaliating.

Everything about the entire convo screams "instigator" about her from the jersey chasing, the using the son as a tactic, the laughing, and the recording. Again I'm just reading between the lines but DMC is being made out to be the bad guy when as you admitted we really don't know enough about her to judge.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#43 » by Landsberger » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:44 pm

BigRedDog wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I don't know she strikes me as one of these people who throws the first punch and then the 2nd person gets caught retaliating.

Everything about the entire convo screams "instigator" about her from the jersey chasing, the using the son as a tactic, the laughing, and the recording. Again I'm just reading between the lines but DMC is being made out to be the bad guy when as you admitted we really don't know enough about her to judge.

Last post on this..... it doesn't matter what she did here.... it just doesn't. He threatened to kill her. Plain and simple. If you or I did this it's a violation of our employment agreement in all likelihood and definitely illegal. Between two people who have a kid it's called domestic violence and carries a larger penalty. She could be the scum of the earth and it still doesn't change it. You or I do this and we're fired and getting an immediate visit by the Police. Excusing this guy is beyond me....
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#44 » by BigRedDog » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:50 pm

Landsberger wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Last post on this..... it doesn't matter what she did here.... it just doesn't. He threatened to kill her. Plain and simple. If you or I did this it's a violation of our employment agreement in all likelihood and definitely illegal. Between two people who have a kid it's called domestic violence and carries a larger penalty. She could be the scum of the earth and it still doesn't change it. You or I do this and we're fired and getting an immediate visit by the Police. Excusing this guy is beyond me....

Well I wouldn't want to see you or I fired either. You've never told anyone you want to "kill them" after a particularly heated game of yahtzee, bar fight, or joke they made at your expense? I think he needs some anger management classes and she should probably stop trying to incite this kind of stuff if she believes he's truly capable. Going public with this is just going to anger him further. Though it may scare him from going through with it. I'm not excusing the behavior i just dont believe shes entirely non-culpable. I don't like instigators who hide behind technology and legality. In the old days she'd be in a lot of trouble. Modern forensics and technology gives people all this protection to hide behind and in some ways dehumanizes us as we're less scared to talk junk.

With all the injuries he's going through a tough time right now and she's probably bleeding him dry on child support. He's probably not in the best mental state. Hopefully, he apologizes and recovers from this incident and is able to move on with his life. Life is too short to let others who have wronged you (real or imagined) from dominating your thoughts and actions.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers