ImageImageImageImageImage

will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player?

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

lalalaker
Freshman
Posts: 67
And1: 7
Joined: Nov 06, 2018
 

will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#1 » by lalalaker » Sat Sep 7, 2019 7:47 am

Kuzma is a really good player but no1 can predict the future. no doubt he would have a better chance of being selected as one if he was 2nd or main scoring option. We already have 2 all star in lbj and davis so getting the fair share of spotlight aint gonna be easy and nothing is certain whether he would be moved to starter or bench. there are alot of factors that gets into being selected a allstar although we lakers fan have a huge voting fanbase. what would it take for kuzma to become an all star next season.

scoring, reb, assist, %, +/- what range would he have to make constantly to have a shot.
i would say at least 18pts, 5reb, 3 assist nightly is really good stat to justify the case but man west is loaded since more than half of the best current players are in west side. being selected an all star is a huge confidence booster and preferably i would wish he be selected. At the very least if tatum is selected then kuzma should as well since i dont view tatum to be better than kuzma.

If kuzma is one of the players to be in the death lineup that closes game then no doubt he would have some action to showcase.
User avatar
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 37,169
And1: 8,716
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Pitcher's Mound
     

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:43 pm

All star elsewhere, role player here. Would prefer they trade him for an All-star PG.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#3 » by Landsberger » Sat Sep 7, 2019 4:45 pm

All Star is a popularity contest and if he's ever going to be one I'd assume it's with the largest fan base in the game..... which is here.

As for his true value being All Star caliber. This day in age all you have to do is hit 3's to be perceived as valuable it seems.

Trading Kuz at this point for anything of value is difficult. He's making next to nothing compared to his value to this team. He'd be a much more tradable asset when re-signed or if we pair him with a higher priced player but then again.... we don't have those that are tradable.
User avatar
Beethoven
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,865
And1: 646
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Irvine
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#4 » by Beethoven » Sat Sep 7, 2019 6:55 pm

He's an all star.
.
bb22
Rookie
Posts: 1,238
And1: 465
Joined: Oct 08, 2012

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#5 » by bb22 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 8:04 pm

All-star talent no doubt. Whether he gets voted in doesn't matter.
Trading a young, cheap, star with great work ethic who is accepting of his role next to two superstars would be an incredibly dumb move imo
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,180
And1: 846
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#6 » by stan francisco » Sat Sep 7, 2019 8:42 pm

Our third star. All-star.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
Posts: 2,712
And1: 285
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#7 » by what would jack bauer do? » Sat Sep 7, 2019 10:29 pm

TyCobb wrote:All star elsewhere, role player here. Would prefer they trade him for an All-star PG.


This would be our smartest move if we're building towards a championship. Would break my heart like when we saw Nick Van Exel (and Eddie jones) go right before we started winning chips. Unfortunately, Kuz is expendable with Davis here. With the way his shot is looking, I think Kuz is gonna come out guns ablaze and average 18-20ppg on terrific percentages. That will bring up his value enough for us to net a stud. Right now I can't think of a worse situation for a player to build their stock than Dennis Schroder having to play alongside Shai Gilgeous-alexander and Chris Paul. I would strongly take a look at Schroder and a strong first round pick for Kuzma.
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#8 » by Landsberger » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:02 am

what would jack bauer do? wrote:
TyCobb wrote:All star elsewhere, role player here. Would prefer they trade him for an All-star PG.


This would be our smartest move if we're building towards a championship. Would break my heart like when we saw Nick Van Exel (and Eddie jones) go right before we started winning chips. Unfortunately, Kuz is expendable with Davis here. With the way his shot is looking, I think Kuz is gonna come out guns ablaze and average 18-20ppg on terrific percentages. That will bring up his value enough for us to net a stud. Right now I can't think of a worse situation for a player to build their stock than Dennis Schroder having to play alongside Shai Gilgeous-alexander and Chris Paul. I would strongly take a look at Schroder and a strong first round pick for Kuzma.


We're at the cap so trading Kuzma at $1.9M means we can't take more than $1.9 or so back.... What does Schroder make?

I think a front court player who can score over 20 a game in stretches is more valuable than a PG on this team. Davis has some issues with nagging injuries and Bron isn't a kid anymore. Having a guy who can replace their scoring on the team seems more important than another ball dominant player who brings little else.

Edit: Schroder makes $15.5M this year..... so you need another $13.6M to even the trade out..... and then about that "strong" first rounder....

Kuz's trade value alone is just about the weakest on the team. His salary vs production is why we kept him in the Davis trade. No other player in the NBA has a better "value" right now.
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
Posts: 2,712
And1: 285
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#9 » by what would jack bauer do? » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:38 am

Landsberger wrote:
what would jack bauer do? wrote:
TyCobb wrote:All star elsewhere, role player here. Would prefer they trade him for an All-star PG.


This would be our smartest move if we're building towards a championship. Would break my heart like when we saw Nick Van Exel (and Eddie jones) go right before we started winning chips. Unfortunately, Kuz is expendable with Davis here. With the way his shot is looking, I think Kuz is gonna come out guns ablaze and average 18-20ppg on terrific percentages. That will bring up his value enough for us to net a stud. Right now I can't think of a worse situation for a player to build their stock than Dennis Schroder having to play alongside Shai Gilgeous-alexander and Chris Paul. I would strongly take a look at Schroder and a strong first round pick for Kuzma.


We're at the cap so trading Kuzma at $1.9M means we can't take more than $1.9 or so back.... What does Schroder make?

I think a front court player who can score over 20 a game in stretches is more valuable than a PG on this team. Davis has some issues with nagging injuries and Bron isn't a kid anymore. Having a guy who can replace their scoring on the team seems more important than another ball dominant player who brings little else.

Edit: Schroder makes $15.5M this year..... so you need another $13.6M to even the trade out..... and then about that "strong" first rounder....

Kuz's trade value alone is just about the weakest on the team. His salary vs production is why we kept him in the Davis trade. No other player in the NBA has a better "value" right now.


That idea would be a midseason trade after Schroder's value has dipped from playing alongside two other starting point guards in CP3 and SGA. We'd ship out maybe a KCP and boogie or whoever really isn't doing anything for our roster. If we're rolling already then no need to make a trade especially if wade wants to play post all star break. Our biggest need is a guard who can create and get into the lane at will.
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 11,954
And1: 10,929
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#10 » by zimpy27 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:00 am

All Star talent because of his scoring, probably could be one in 3 years when he's in prime.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#11 » by Landsberger » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:11 am

what would jack bauer do? wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
what would jack bauer do? wrote:
This would be our smartest move if we're building towards a championship. Would break my heart like when we saw Nick Van Exel (and Eddie jones) go right before we started winning chips. Unfortunately, Kuz is expendable with Davis here. With the way his shot is looking, I think Kuz is gonna come out guns ablaze and average 18-20ppg on terrific percentages. That will bring up his value enough for us to net a stud. Right now I can't think of a worse situation for a player to build their stock than Dennis Schroder having to play alongside Shai Gilgeous-alexander and Chris Paul. I would strongly take a look at Schroder and a strong first round pick for Kuzma.


We're at the cap so trading Kuzma at $1.9M means we can't take more than $1.9 or so back.... What does Schroder make?

I think a front court player who can score over 20 a game in stretches is more valuable than a PG on this team. Davis has some issues with nagging injuries and Bron isn't a kid anymore. Having a guy who can replace their scoring on the team seems more important than another ball dominant player who brings little else.

Edit: Schroder makes $15.5M this year..... so you need another $13.6M to even the trade out..... and then about that "strong" first rounder....

Kuz's trade value alone is just about the weakest on the team. His salary vs production is why we kept him in the Davis trade. No other player in the NBA has a better "value" right now.


That idea would be a midseason trade after Schroder's value has dipped from playing alongside two other starting point guards in CP3 and SGA. We'd ship out maybe a KCP and boogie or whoever really isn't doing anything for our roster. If we're rolling already then no need to make a trade especially if wade wants to play post all star break. Our biggest need is a guard who can create and get into the lane at will.


KCP has a "Lebron's agent in my agent" no trade clause.....
Ball so hard
Pro Prospect
Posts: 967
And1: 367
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
     

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#12 » by Ball so hard » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:20 pm

lalalaker wrote:Kuzma is a really good player but no1 can predict the future. no doubt he would have a better chance of being selected as one if he was 2nd or main scoring option. We already have 2 all star in lbj and davis so getting the fair share of spotlight aint gonna be easy and nothing is certain whether he would be moved to starter or bench. there are alot of factors that gets into being selected a allstar although we lakers fan have a huge voting fanbase. what would it take for kuzma to become an all star next season.

scoring, reb, assist, %, +/- what range would he have to make constantly to have a shot.
i would say at least 18pts, 5reb, 3 assist nightly is really good stat to justify the case but man west is loaded since more than half of the best current players are in west side. being selected an all star is a huge confidence booster and preferably i would wish he be selected. At the very least if tatum is selected then kuzma should as well since i dont view tatum to be better than kuzma.

If kuzma is one of the players to be in the death lineup that closes game then no doubt he would have some action to showcase.


I'll go with good role player on our team and possible all-star on a bottom feeding team. I think he could put up similar numbers on offense (less the assist) as Russel on a mediocre team.
User avatar
One Love
Starter
Posts: 2,232
And1: 274
Joined: Dec 01, 2006
Location: Venice Beach - White Men Can Jump

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#13 » by One Love » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:41 pm

Avery, Caruso, Cook & Rondo will handle PG when LBJ needs a break so no need to dump a $1.9 million spread 4 with this roster... Why does everyone want a dominant PG with LBJ... LBJ wants the rock... Throw the rock up & let’s play ball & re-evaluate at the All Star Break...

Lakeshow Baby...
Ball so hard
Pro Prospect
Posts: 967
And1: 367
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
     

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#14 » by Ball so hard » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:42 pm

TyCobb wrote:All star elsewhere, role player here. Would prefer they trade him for an All-star PG.


I see this a lot... You're not getting an all-star with Kuz as your centerpiece, unless you're trading for an all-star PG who's on the tail end of their career. An all-star in the mold of Kyle Lowry or Dragic... the problem though is that Kuz makes next to nothing and these older all-stars make a gazillion dollars. A trade of this nature would put us in cap hell and leave our roster depleted. I would much rather play the waiting game to see if a quality PG gets bout out. If I had to trade Kuz, I'd much rather trade him for an above average wing than a PG. We're already extremely thin on the wing. We have Green, Lebron and Kuz on the wing. Who would replace Kuz on the wing if we trade him?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,564
And1: 7,233
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#15 » by Kilroy » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:53 pm

Have to sign and trade Kuz... The problem with that is, I'm not sure he's done enough to earn the kind of payday that would facilitate a straight up trade for another all-star caliber player...

I think his best shot at all-star status is as a 6th man. I don't see starting All-Star in him yet... Although, anyone can look like an all-star in the right system. That system isn't LA though.

I don't really think we need an all-star PG. So I don't think we should trade him for that. And I think we need some scoring punch off the bench. So I'd keep him, and get him decent minutes off the bench with a green light to score at will.
Adrian "ThaClippers" Wojnarowski
SlimShady83
Head Coach
Posts: 6,349
And1: 745
Joined: Jun 19, 2012

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#16 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:12 am

without reading replies...

He will be an allstar in the near future. I don't see it happening this coming season as there are too many good forwards

But who knows if he works on defense avg 20-5-5 then I'd see it happening. He has it in him if he works for it :)

BTW it's ...

King Kuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Apart from my mighty Lakers team I'm rooting for Houston, because I like Westbrook and think he deserves to win a chip - he is like Charles Barkley of this Era ... Great player but doesn't get to win :(
I hate Harden though, so what do I do? lol
Spens1
RealGM
Posts: 12,808
And1: 3,385
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
     

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#17 » by Spens1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:15 am

leaning towards role player. I think he's a bit too one dimensional and has a lot of flaws in his game. I wouldn't be adverse to trading him for Bradley Beal at some stage this season.
User avatar
Dr Aki
RealGM
Posts: 26,181
And1: 11,384
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
   

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#18 » by Dr Aki » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 am

won't be an allstar in the west

at best a rashard lewis level all-star

would trade him for lillard (or similar) in a heartbeat
Image
Spens1
RealGM
Posts: 12,808
And1: 3,385
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
     

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#19 » by Spens1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 am

Dr Aki wrote:won't be an allstar in the west

at best a rashard lewis level all-star

would trade him for lillard (or similar) in a heartbeat


If only such a miracle offer came along. I'd probably entertain an offer if they gave us McCollum to be honest (though due to that contract they'd have to give us something else).
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#20 » by Landsberger » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 am

Spens1 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:won't be an allstar in the west

at best a rashard lewis level all-star

would trade him for lillard (or similar) in a heartbeat


If only such a miracle offer came along. I'd probably entertain an offer if they gave us McCollum to be honest (though due to that contract they'd have to give us something else).


How can you trade a guy making $1.9M for both McCollum AND someone else?

btw.... adding Lillard to Bron and Davis sounds like a video game move..... it would not result in a net add IMHO. A role player who will fit in where needed is very valuable to a team with a couple top stars. Adding that 3 star is risky when it's at the expense of a fitting role player. For every Kobe there was a Fisher..... for Shaq there was a Fox. You need those guys more than you think when you have ball dominant stars.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers