ImageImageImageImageImage

will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player?

Moderators: Danny Darko, TyCobb, Kilroy

Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 18,653

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#221 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Dec 2, 2019 2:25 am

Yeah, he's rapidly becoming one of my least-favorite Lakers in a while. Pleasant surprise as a rookie, minimal improvement in Year 2 and now this. It would be one thing if he brought anything else to the table besides scoring. But when his shot isn't falling, his lack of hustle/toughness/defense/IQ/consistency -- the next loose ball he gets on will be his first -- is only magnified. I know he's had injury troubles this year, but it just seems like an excuse. Tons of players deal with that over the course of the season and still manage to hit the ground running when they get back.
"Is Donald Trump an intellectual? Trust me. I’m, like, a smart person" - Donald Trump

"Suck it, and keep on sucking" - Diego Maradona

"Don't ask me for my autograph. Ask me about the rage that's inside of me" - Dennis Scott
NippySudz
Junior
And1: 121

Post#222 » by NippySudz » Mon Dec 2, 2019 3:05 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:Yeah, he's rapidly becoming one of my least-favorite Lakers in a while. Pleasant surprise as a rookie, minimal improvement in Year 2 and now this. It would be one thing if he brought anything else to the table besides scoring. But when his shot isn't falling, his lack of hustle/toughness/defense/IQ/consistency -- the next loose ball he gets on will be his first -- only gets magnified. I know he's had injury troubles this year, but it just seems like an excuse. Tons of players deal with that over the course of the season and still manage to hit the ground running when they get back.

As laker film room has pointed out, he's too afraid of contact. After that was pointed out, I saw how much he was afraid of fouling someone and instead give up a layup. I forgot which game it was but someone was driving to the hoop, he had his hand in the cookie jar so to speak good chance he could have strip it if he had fast hands, but he took both of his hands away in an Neil Degrasse Tyson - form and gave him the open layup. Didn't try to force the guy to play his left hand, didn't even extend his hands straight up. He just let the guy go unmolested to the basket. He wasn't in foul trouble.

As LFR mentions again, the hops that he does while in a defensive stance hurts his ability to defend.

here's the video if anyone hasn't seen it

Beethoven
Starter
And1: 700

Post#223 » by Beethoven » Mon Dec 2, 2019 3:42 am

NippySudz wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Kuzma for iguodala straight up let's do it.

that would be a terrible trade. Not only money, but youth. Kuzma is much more valuable to the lakers than iggy. Iggy is merely a rental.

I was saying that out of pure emotion at that time.

I'm settled now. But if they did trade kuzma for Iggy i wouldn't mind it at all.
nzahir
Veteran
And1: 1,189

Post#224 » by nzahir » Mon Dec 2, 2019 3:55 am

Beethoven wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Kuzma for iguodala straight up let's do it.

that would be a terrible trade. Not only money, but youth. Kuzma is much more valuable to the lakers than iggy. Iggy is merely a rental.

I was saying that out of pure emotion at that time.

I'm settled now. But if they did trade kuzma for Iggy i wouldn't mind it at all.

Salaries dont match genius
Cafu
Pro Prospect
And1: 197

Post#225 » by Cafu » Mon Dec 2, 2019 4:24 am

For the long run I think the Lakers should integrate Kuz more on the offense. Not just some catch n shoot and occasionally cut.
We badly need a consistent 3rd options especially for the bench so if you want Kuz to be that 3rd option you should spend more times develope him.
The 1st step was identify our team, I think we are doing ok.
2nd step is the chemistry between LBJ and AD, this still need some works on having AD involve more in attacking action, not only dump the ball to him on the post.
The next step should be integrate Kuz more on offense. He has his up and down but too often I saw him running without purposes on offense and the bench has no go to move or go to set to play.
Outside of tweaking the D and O in general IMO this is important too.
And ppl may want to ship Kuz asses but with him playing inconsistent like this there will be no teams wanting him. So just lets work with what we have in our hands first.
NippySudz
Junior

Post#226 » by NippySudz » Mon Dec 2, 2019 4:50 am

Cafu wrote:For the long run I think the Lakers should integrate Kuz more on the offense. Not just some catch n shoot and occasionally cut.
We badly need a consistent 3rd options especially for the bench so if you want Kuz to be that 3rd option you should spend more times develope him.
The 1st step was identify our team, I think we are doing ok.
2nd step is the chemistry between LBJ and AD, this still need some works on having AD involve more in attacking action, not only dump the ball to him on the post.
The next step should be integrate Kuz more on offense. He has his up and down but too often I saw him running without purposes on offense and the bench has no go to move or go to set to play.
Outside of tweaking the D and O in general IMO this is important too.
And ppl may want to ship Kuz asses but with him playing inconsistent like this there will be no teams wanting him. So just lets work with what we have in our hands first.

Kuzma's handling hasn't improved to the point where they can run it through him as a consistent option. Unless you're talking about slashing options
nzahir
Veteran
And1: 1,189

Post#227 » by nzahir » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:05 am

Kuzma isn't consistent enough to be a #3 option on a legit contender. He should be on a younger team where he has more minutes so he can grow and the expectation isn't to win rn. Or a 4th option on a contender with a solid CONSISTENT #3 guy.

Young teams that make sense:
Grizz
Cavs

Contenders that make sense b/c they have 3 solid consistent scorers:
Nuggets
Jazz
Blazers (when nurkic is back)

Spurs also make sense if they choose to rebuild
NippySudz
Junior

Post#228 » by NippySudz » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:56 am

Jamal Crawford is still unsigned. If kuzma doesn't show anything by ASB and no one else picks up crawford, I expect crawford to be a laker. He could be their consistent scoring option off the bench. They'll probably have to release someone if they get iggy+crawford. Idk. But sign crawford to a non guarantee and iggy to a vet minimum.

crawford is a chucker but he has handling and playmaking abilities and if you split his minutes with the bench, it shouldn't be too bad? I'm not sure.
Mos_Heat
General Manager
And1: 34,149

Post#229 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:30 am

NippySudz wrote:Jamal Crawford is still unsigned. If kuzma doesn't show anything by ASB and no one else picks up crawford, I expect crawford to be a laker. He could be their consistent scoring option off the bench. They'll probably have to release someone if they get iggy+crawford. Idk. But sign crawford to a non guarantee and iggy to a vet minimum.

crawford is a chucker but he has handling and playmaking abilities and if you split his minutes with the bench, it shouldn't be too bad? I'm not sure.

Not sure collecting all time terrible defenders is the best way to do it
:reporter:
NippySudz
Junior

Post#230 » by NippySudz » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:22 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Jamal Crawford is still unsigned. If kuzma doesn't show anything by ASB and no one else picks up crawford, I expect crawford to be a laker. He could be their consistent scoring option off the bench. They'll probably have to release someone if they get iggy+crawford. Idk. But sign crawford to a non guarantee and iggy to a vet minimum.

Not sure collecting all time terrible defenders is the best way to do it
I'm not sure there are a lot of decent two way players on the market that they can afford. Time will tell

Won't know until closer to asb if kuzma is consistent or not. I personally don't believe he will be

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Beethoven
Starter
And1: 700

Post#231 » by Beethoven » Yesterday 5:07 pm

He looks sometimes lost out there and he doesnt seem to show any urgency ; all his actions on the court look a bit nonchalant, or , perhaps that is just his personality, but I am not really getting him these past several games.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers