ImageImageImageImageImage

will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: will kuzma be an all star for lakers or just a good role player? 

Post#301 » by Ball so hard » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Landsberger wrote:Kuz is indecisive..... that's the best I've got to describe what I'm seeing. He gets the ball on the wing and immediately gives it back to LeBron. When neither Bron or Davis is in the game he is aggressive with the ball. He's not comfortable and he's not having success at the moment. I don't see regression other than he's not found a way to integrate into this "system".... which seems to be Bron and Davis saying "hold my beer". Hey.... we're 21-3 at the moment without him doing what we know he can do so that's sort of a glass with some water in it.... right?

Seems pretty decisive to me :naaa:
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#302 » by Beethoven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:03 pm

iamworthy wrote:After a slow start KCP is playing well. in his last 15 games he’s shooting 50% from the field and 44% from 3pt. He’s actually exactly what you would want next to LeBron. Even when he started off slow this year I always thought he played hard. He’s also only 26 yrs old. Even if you include his awful start to the season he's shooting 45% from the field and 38% from 3pt

I believe KCP is playing above his paygrade right now.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#303 » by Landsberger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Beethoven wrote:
iamworthy wrote:After a slow start KCP is playing well. in his last 15 games he’s shooting 50% from the field and 44% from 3pt. He’s actually exactly what you would want next to LeBron. Even when he started off slow this year I always thought he played hard. He’s also only 26 yrs old. Even if you include his awful start to the season he's shooting 45% from the field and 38% from 3pt

Now come on now!! He's got the previous couple of seasons to make up for. What's Lou Williams making or has made over the last 3 years?

Seriously, he's been "streak on" the last 3 weeks or so. If it stays on will be the key with him. He doesn't seem to have an adequate button offensively. It's either on or off.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#304 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 pm

he cant stay healthy right now so no..
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#305 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 pm

he cant stay healthy right now so no.. he will not be all star. I hope he stays a good role player and we can pay him a decent salary for few more years.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#306 » by Landsberger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Kuz out with the left ankle again. This started in Feb of last year when he originally injured it. It bothered him through the end of last year and we shut him down the last few games because of it. It resurfaced this off season and went from "sprained ankle" to "stress reaction". Now the twist we saw 2 weeks ago hasn't healed and he's out again tonight.

So... part of what we've been seeing is that the ankle isn't right. Or... hey... maybe it's like the fans here said when he was "cut" from the national team.... they are covering for his lack of performance.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#307 » by Beethoven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Beethoven wrote:

Now come on now!! He's got the previous couple of seasons to make up for. What's Lou Williams making or has made over the last 3 years?

Seriously, he's been "streak on" the last 3 weeks or so. If it stays on will be the key with him. He doesn't seem to have an adequate button offensively. It's either on or off.

now... is the key word.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#308 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Kuz needs to heal fully. Rest. And sit out until 100. Not any time at all beforehand. Doesnt matter what he says, wanting to come back early. Wants on the court. None of that. Sit him till 2nd half if need be. This thing will be career lingering, unless fully addressed now.
Secondly, it will pay off for us later in the year.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#309 » by NippySudz » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:18 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Kuz needs to heal fully. Rest. And sit out until 100. Not any time at all beforehand. Doesnt matter what he says, wanting to come back early. Wants on the court. None of that. Sit him till 2nd half if need be. This thing will be career lingering, unless fully addressed now.
Secondly, it will pay off for us later in the year.

I agree, there's no rush. I know he wants to play but he has to be smart about this. Good thing that they shut him down, but honestly, if they shut him down the min he injured it, he'd probably be making his return in a week or so. but can't hindsight is 20/20 but moving forward, they should be mindful of that ****. especially if its the same foot as the stress reaction.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers