ImageImageImageImageImage

Pre-Season GM 2: Lakers vs Nets - 4:30 AM NBATV

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Re: Pre-Season GM 2: Lakers vs Nets - 4:30 AM NBATV 

Post#41 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:20 pm

dockingsched wrote:Felt like a lot of Caruso’s short comings were exposed. Can’t really get his shot off amongst the bigs, not that great at breaking down his man, susceptible to being neutralized by an aggressive athletic defender.

I still want him to get a chance to play next to the Lebron and AD with Lebron initiating the offense.
Last year, he averaged 46.4% from 3pt area in catch and shoot (imagine Lebron and AD setting him up) but yes, It's a small sample size.
Compare that to KCP who shot 36.7% and Rondo who shot 32.8% and Bradley who shot 35.6 %.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#42 » by mighty_duck » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:08 pm

stan francisco wrote:LeBron should handle Kawhi defensively one-on-one. If he’s made of Laker blood he should want to guard their best player. Every night. Leadership.

Maybe in the 4th quarter of the conference finals. But every minute for 82 games? At age 34/35? Kobe didn't do it. heck, even MJ didn't do it at that age.

We need to be smart with our resources. We have lots of passable defenders, but only one Lebron on offense. If he goes down while giving 110% on defense (which is what happened last Christmas), our season is basically over.

Come playoff time, you can expect more effort. But during the regular season our top priority is health for LBJ and AD.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#43 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:22 am

I agree with personnel management. But im more concerned with who is going to step up as a 3rd. Kawhi is going to lockdown mode during the playoffs. Thats already.proven what he did with Bron in the past. When Kwahi takes bron out, that leaves AD. We need another.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#44 » by Landsberger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:24 am

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

8 years ago if I had told you that McGee would be the Lakers starting center over Dwight Howard I would have been put in the Troll Bin. His transformation is truly unique. I was never a Howard fan (the Nuke Laloosh of the NBA) but McGee was someone I would have never wanted on the Lakers either. Now I want one of them on the team anyway.....
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#45 » by stan francisco » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:54 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Bradley is not able to do much unless he had the ball. I don't like what I see from him.

Starting lineup should be:
KCP, Green, LeBron, AD, McGee

Reserves should be:
Rondo, Caruso, Kuzma, Howard

Bradley, Cook and Daniels will fight for minutes.

I want KCP traded already last season. He sometimes plays good defense but he’s inconsistent and unreliable on both ends. Makes too many mental mistakes, disappears. I know, stats say he defends PGs well.

If I had to decide today who I’d start against the Clips on opening day, my starting five would be the five players I trust the most in what’s an absolute must win:

Rondo, Green, James, Davis, McGee

Until Kuzma is fully in game shape/rhythm.

LeBron should handle Kawhi defensively one-on-one. If he’s made of Laker blood he should want to guard their best player. Every night. Leadership.

I'm really puzzled by Vogel's moves so far starting 2 of the most inconsistent shooters in KCP AND Rondo which resulted to poor spacing early. He then replaced a playmaker Lebron with a very good spot up shooter but not a good dribbler Danny Green. :noway:
KCP actually didn't have good advanced defensive stats from 3 other websites but watching his lateral quickness, chasing quick players convinced me that he is not a bad defensive player, however, his shooting ability along with Bradley is still too shaky IMO.
Rondo has been making his open shots but it remains to be seen whether he can truly be consistent with it, but I really do believe he is at best when he is the lead floor leader when Lebron sits, orchestrating the offense etc. Pair him with a great spot up shooter like Green and a screenroll player like JMG.
Some here only remember Caruso's late miscues but it's funny nobody said he also had 8 assists and made 3 of 4 3pointers.

Maybe Vogel has a hunch that the lineup in my sig is the way to go. :nod: With Caruso as secondary point behind LBJ. If so, you make the vets yield by giving them a fair shot and if they don’t blow it, good. Let them start if they deserve it. So far, Bradley, Rondo, Pope have all got a chance failed. Norvell will get his looks over the next few games but my bet on Caruso starting by the holidays might be happening from game one.

This is what pre season is for, trying things. Rondo shoots better than people think, is savvier than it seems, in better shape than one might think etc.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#46 » by stan francisco » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:11 am

mighty_duck wrote:
stan francisco wrote:LeBron should handle Kawhi defensively one-on-one. If he’s made of Laker blood he should want to guard their best player. Every night. Leadership.

Maybe in the 4th quarter of the conference finals. But every minute for 82 games? At age 34/35? Kobe didn't do it. heck, even MJ didn't do it at that age.

We need to be smart with our resources. We have lots of passable defenders, but only one Lebron on offense. If he goes down while giving 110% on defense (which is what happened last Christmas), our season is basically over.

Come playoff time, you can expect more effort. But during the regular season our top priority is health for LBJ and AD.

Kawhi, yes. All 82 games, you’re right, not a good idea. Lol.

It’s all about team defense when he’s on the floor. But it requires everyone locked in and focused, even the one with old knees. He can stay in between his man and the basket, sag a bit for economy of movement and knee wear but he can still be on the guy. Remember, he’s an athletic freak of the Bo Jackson magnitude.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#47 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:48 am

Is Davis going to be playing center full time for you guys?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#48 » by SweetTouch » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:01 pm

LBJ needs shooters around him

And you put rondo

LBJ is best with the ball in his hands

And you give rondo the ball
Stop being so disrespectful.
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 64

Post#49 » by AGAVE » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm

watched briefly when DH came into the game.

not very pleased with his detatched focus within sets.

seemed like players were just ignoring him and running plays or more like trying to find places on the court to work around him.

after watching that unfold, feel like he should be given limited minutes until he can prove he can position himself as asked by the plays being called.
Respect Elgin Baylor

Return to Los Angeles Lakers