2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go!

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Re: 2019-2020 Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#201 » by scoobs07 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:03 pm

whitelight wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Do you think Draymond is up for grabs?

Kuz, Bradley, Cousins, Cook, THT and picks

for

Draymond and Burks

No thank you not on that contract.

He is kind of duplication with LBJ imo.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#202 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:18 am

scoobs07 wrote:
whitelight wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Do you think Draymond is up for grabs?

Kuz, Bradley, Cousins, Cook, THT and picks

for

Draymond and Burks

He'd definitely fill a bunch of holes.

Big wing defender? Check
Ultra physical? Check
Secondary playmaker? Check
Consistent? As a third option, yes.

Though the hardest part will be convincing the Warriors to move Green for Kuzma/THT/SRPs
whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#203 » by whitelight » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:56 am

Dr Aki wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:
whitelight wrote:

Big wing defender? Check
Ultra physical? Check

Though the hardest part will be convincing the Warriors to move Green for Kuzma/THT/SRPs

No thank you. We need that money free for 2021.
apeezus
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#204 » by apeezus » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:28 am

What do you think it would take to get Dinwiddie? Kuz & DG?
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#205 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:35 am

whitelight wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:He is kind of duplication with LBJ imo.

Big wing defender? Check
Ultra physical? Check

I think I'd rather go for these 2 playoff runs, then dream of a less than max offer for Giannis that probably wouldn't eventuate.

Lebron's just turned 35. I'd gamble on Draymond providing what we need.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#206 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:38 am

apeezus wrote:What do you think it would take to get Dinwiddie? Kuz & DG?

Dinwiddie only provides on ball playmaking.

No shooting, no wing defense.

How you gonna justify giving up both shooting, wing defense and our forward depth to plug a 6-12 mpg hole yet open 3 others at the same time?
apeezus
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#207 » by apeezus » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:28 am

Dr Aki wrote:
apeezus wrote:What do you think it would take to get Dinwiddie? Kuz & DG?

Dinwiddie only provides on ball playmaking.

No shooting, no wing defense.

How you gonna justify giving up both shooting, wing defense and our forward depth to plug a 6-12 mpg hole yet open 3 others at the same time?

It's funny I really didn't realize how bad his percentages from 3 were til just now. He secretly stinks lol. Always thought of him as a quality shooter but I guess the volume of attempts is misleading when watching him.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,667

Post#208 » by nzahir » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:57 am

Dr Aki wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:
whitelight wrote:

Big wing defender? Check
Ultra physical? Check

GS wouldn't trade Draymond realistically in a deal for a non star, but interesting. Kuzma, Green for Draymond and Burks or GR3

And this would even make our spacing worse

And who guards sgs now?

But Draymond is a guy who can guard Kawhi and is versatile.

Say we also get collison,

Collison, KCP, Lebron, Davis, Mcgee
Rondo, Burks/GR3, Draymond, Dwight

Probably need to play daniels a bit more off bench instead of caruso (unless he would hopefully play instead of Rondo)

Final 5:
Collison, KCP, Bron, Green, Davis
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#209 » by LBC SoCal » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:58 pm

Random post, but I wonder if Minnesota is willing to give up Robert Covington, I don’t know how the money would work nor who we give up but I could see him in a similiar role that Shane Battier was with LeBron in Miami.

Finishing playoff games with AD, LBJ and Covington in the front court would be nice.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#210 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:59 pm

LBC SoCal wrote:Random post, but I wonder if Minnesota is willing to give up Robert Covington, I don’t know how the money would work nor who we give up but I could see him in a similiar role that Shane Battier was with LeBron in Miami.

Finishing playoff games with AD, LBJ and Covington in the front court would be nice.

Covington and Collison would be good adds. Trading Kuzma and Bradley is all the salary match needed to get Covington.

PG: Collison (22) | Caruso (14) | Rondo (12)
SG: Green (28)| KCP (12) | Caruso (8)
SF: LeBron (28) | Covington (20)
PF: Davis (27) | LeBron (13) | Covington (8)
C : Howard (22) | Davis (14) | McGee (12)

41 mins: Davis, LeBron
28 mins: Green, Covington
22 mins: Collison, Howard, Caruso
12 mins: McGee, KCP, Rondo
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#211 » by LBC SoCal » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:04 am

zimpy27 wrote:
LBC SoCal wrote:Random post, but I wonder if Minnesota is willing to give up Robert Covington, I don’t know how the money would work nor who we give up but I could see him in a similiar role that Shane Battier was with LeBron in Miami.

Covington and Collison would be good adds. Trading Kuzma and Bradley is all the salary match needed to get Covington.

This line up matches better against the Hobo Clippers in a 7 game series IMO, compared to standing pat and keeping Kuzma, mainly in terms of “fit”. Covington could take the burden of guarding Kawhi (And Collison would be nice in any scenario).
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
KuzControl
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#212 » by KuzControl » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 pm

Are the Timberwolves accepting Kuz and Bradley for Covington, though? RoCo seems to be in pretty high demand right now, they could get a better package for him

I think trading for Rose is the move you need to make if anything, if you do or don't sign Collison. Maybe try and get GRIII as well, would fit like a glove off the bench
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#213 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:50 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Covington is listed 6-7 and 211 lbs, I don't know if he can really play at PF and not a few have been grumbling about Danny Green's inconsistencies, well this guy is even worst at under 35% actually worst than his career ave. Shoots a paltry 34% on the road. Before hitting 6 of 10 on his last game, he actually just hit, 9 of 39 for 23% the previous 5 games before the Jan 27 game.
Yes, he is a good defensive player and surely Vogel would rather use him than better shooters like Daniels, Cook etc but he also is not a playmaker who creates offense, facilitates etc. I am not sure giving up Kuzma would be worth it to get him.
BTW, what is the freaking hold up with Collison? Did he changed his mind? Does AD and Lebron want him or they are worried he is going to take away mins from their buddy Rondo?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#214 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Covington is listed 6-7 and 211 lbs, I don't know if he can really play at PF and not a few have been grumbling about Danny Green's inconsistencies, well this guy is even worst at under 35% actually worst than his career ave. Shoots a paltry 34% on the road. Before hitting 6 of 10 on his last game, he actually just hit, 9 of 39 for 23% the previous 5 games before the Jan 27 game.
Yes, he is a good defensive player and surely Vogel would rather use him than better shooters like Daniels, Cook etc but he also is not a playmaker who creates offense, facilitates etc. I am not sure giving up Kuzma would be worth it to get him.
BTW, what is the freaking hold up with Collison? Did he changed his mind? Does AD and Lebron want him or they are worried he is going to take away mins from their buddy Rondo?

Covington is terrible on the dribble and his ability to create space depends on the ball distributor, which is poor in Minnesota. You should compare his numbers when with Simmons distributing as that will be similar to LeBron.

Collison clearly stated that he'd join a team after trade deadline.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#215 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
whitelight wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

Big wing defender? Check
Ultra physical? Check

I think I'd rather go for these 2 playoff runs, then dream of a less than max offer for Giannis that probably wouldn't eventuate.

I just don't think GSW would give up on Draymond bec he is a perfect teammate for Steph and Klay when they come back. What I'm dreading to see is them dangling D"Russ bec I hate this guy's defense. Tied for 11th in his own team's DRTG, 8TH IN ORTG inspite of him dominating the ball and taking most of the shots etc. Ill rather have Patty Mills than him.
[url][/url]
whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#216 » by whitelight » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:10 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
whitelight wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

Big wing defender? Check
Ultra physical? Check

First of all GS will say no because once they get all of their players back next year they'll be coming after us. Also another reason why we need that space in 2021 is to replace LeBron once he goes.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#217 » by DanishLakerFan » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:45 am

I really hope they figure out this Collison stuff pretty soon.

IF they have Collison, i'd flip Kuz, Boogie, Bradley for Marcus Morris and Cook for Bullock, like Nate Duncan proposed on his podcast.
Collison / Caruso / Rondo
Green / KCP / Bullock
Lebron / Morris
AD / Dudley
Howard / McGee

If they DONT have Collison, i'd flip Kuz+Cook for D-Rose. Then Boogie-Bradley+future 2nd rounders for Iggy (via Charlotte/MKG), then pick up a shooter such as Marvin Williams on the buy-out market.
Rose / Caruso / Rondo
Green / KCP
Lebron / Iggy
AD / Dudley / Williams
Howard / McGee
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#218 » by Dr Aki » Mon Feb 3, 2020 11:58 am

nzahir wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:He is kind of duplication with LBJ imo.

Big wing defender? Check
Ultra physical? Check

GS wouldn't trade Draymond realistically in a deal for a non star, but interesting. Kuzma, Green for Draymond and Burks or GR3

And this would even make our spacing worse

And who guards sgs now?

But Draymond is a guy who can guard Kawhi and is versatile.

Say we also get collison,

Collison, KCP, Lebron, Davis, Mcgee
Rondo, Burks/GR3, Draymond, Dwight

Probably need to play daniels a bit more off bench instead of caruso (unless he would hopefully play instead of Rondo)

Final 5:
Collison, KCP, Bron, Green, Davis

i think part of the assumption is that golden state don't want to have 4 max players on the team throwing deep into the luxury tax.

hence the cost-controlled kuzma and THT, expiring cousins, easily waived cook and modestly paid avery bradley.

green earning 15 mil next season probably might be a non-starter if trying to control salary was an issue for warriors management. this deal would also save the warriors a lot of money this season as well.

part of the equation for the lakers would be to open up slots to sign collison and other ring chasers as well.

i wouldn't be opposed to sending green though if it meant getting draymond and a promise of an extension. draymond, AD and lebron being to switch on all wings and bigs would absolutely wreck as a death lineup, i absolutely agree
bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#219 » by bb22 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:47 pm

Tbh doesn’t look like any trade will improve this team that much. I really don’t see the point of trading Kuz for guys that are putting up better numbers on crappy teams. D Rose would be nice off the bench, but not sure if Lakers are willing to trade any of the guards other than Troy.

I do agree that this teams a guy like Draymond Green that will bring the fight every night and be vocal about it. I’d never trade for him, but there’s no doubt that Lebron’s been quite passive thus far and AD just doesn’t have that mindset yet. Everything will come down to whether or not Lebron can produce a historic playoff run similar to the one he had during his last playoff appearance. I hope he still has that next level, because I’m starting to doubt it by the looks of things.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: 2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go! 

Post#220 » by Kilroy » Tue Feb 4, 2020 8:01 pm

Yeah, honestly, I don't think the answer is in the trade market either, although Rose might be...

Collison/Igoudala on the buyout market would be my ideal.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers