ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go!

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: 2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go! 

Post#361 » by Spens1 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:17 pm

Would it be worth our while to get both Collison and IT?

Also hell no to Dion Waiters, he downright sucks.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#362 » by Landsberger » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:18 pm

Hey.... we might get JR Smith... we could be "better" too. JR will put near the league leader in total body tattoos....

Wonder what Swaggy is up to these days.... If we're going full numbskull he should be in the conversations too.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#363 » by Kilroy » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:52 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:Probably gonna get no one to agree with this, or more likely and understandably immediate disregard, but I’d like a waived Waiters on this time. I’ll see myself out now

I'd take a leap too... He's been playing well since the suspension and a change of scenery and playing with LeBron should keep him dialed in.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#364 » by DS17 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:35 am

get collison and jeff green in buyouts!
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#365 » by Landsberger » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:46 am

Jeff Green has already been cut by Utah.... don't have to wait. I'd take him over JR for sure.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#366 » by Kilroy » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:50 am

Landsberger wrote:Jeff Green has already been cut by Utah.... don't have to wait. I'd take him over JR for sure.

I and-oned this, despite the fact I don't really know much about Jeff Green... It was simply a knee-jerk reaction to taking him over JR Smith.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#367 » by kblo247 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 1:33 am

Kilroy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:Jeff Green has already been cut by Utah.... don't have to wait. I'd take him over JR for sure.

I and-oned this, despite the fact I don't really know much about Jeff Green... It was simply a knee-jerk reaction to taking him over JR Smith.

Jeff Geeen is a net negative player. He was horrible with Utah to the point you would say put in rondo for him.

I would take JR shooting the 3 over anything Green brings.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#368 » by kblo247 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 1:38 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:Probably gonna get no one to agree with this, or more likely and understandably immediate disregard, but I’d like a waived Waiters on this time. I’ll see myself out now

If I’m the Blazers, Waiters and Thomas would actually be my calls right now. They badly need any kind of talent they can get. They badly need bench play and scoring behind Dame/CJ and Melo/Ariza. That plus the addiction of Collins and Nurkic would make them better
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#369 » by Landsberger » Fri Feb 7, 2020 1:49 am

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Jeff Geeen is a net negative player. He was horrible with Utah to the point you would say put in rondo for him.

Thus is the problem in focusing solely on stats. JR is the very definition of mentally fragile. Couldn't care less what his 3 point % is when he throws the ball out of bounds or dribbles out the clock. Green's situation in Utah is not indicative of his career or his value IMHO. He's not a great player by any means but he's a hell of a lot more versatile and valuable than Dudley.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#370 » by kblo247 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:33 am

Landsberger wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Thus is the problem in focusing solely on stats. JR is the very definition of mentally fragile. Couldn't care less what his 3 point % is when he throws the ball out of bounds or dribbles out the clock. Green's situation in Utah is not indicative of his career or his value IMHO. He's not a great player by any means but he's a hell of a lot more versatile and valuable than Dudley.

It is indicative of his career. Green has been terrible for years bouncing from team to team. He’s never been a good defender. He’s not a great offensive player. He’s too slow to defend 3s and too weak to handle 4s and has been since okc which is why they dealt him for Perk. He never amounted to anything in Boston and bounced around on vet mins from Cleveland to washington to Utah and the Clips.

One blunder isn’t indicative of JR’s career is what you should say. JR is a former sixth man of the year. JR has been a perennial double digit playoff scorer. JR has started on a championship team and helped them make multiple finals. That same year that JR made the **** up of **** ups, he also outplayed Demar Derozan and defended him one on one on his way out the door in Toronto which people forget.

There’s no question between them of who has had the most impactful career, it’s JR. There is no question to who defends better, its JR. There is no question of who scores and shoots better, it’s JR. There is no question to who has helped teams win more in every single stop he’s made as he’s been a playoff player and sixth man or starter with the Nuggets, Knicks, and Cavs and is a champion.

And for what it is worth I would swap JR for Troy Daniels in a heartbeat. JR has been there and done that many times over in pressure situations, game 7s, playoffs and he’s come up good which people forget on both ends. I wouldn’t put Troy down because it sends a bad message if you just cut him and say bye but I would offer him something to stay with the team if JR was fit.

As for Dudley, I would look to Marvin Williams if he is bought out to replace him, but I wouldn’t push Dudley out the door. Have the hard conversation of time to hang it up and come be an assistant, scout, commentator and keep him around the team for the chemistry and voice he brings. You see his impact just in Kuzmas defense alone as he does the Dudley body bump, lean, and mirrors some of his tricks that he’s been taught.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#371 » by Kilroy » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:01 am

Well, the next matchup with the Clips got more interesting... That is, for everyone in the world but the Lakers perhaps...

I'm really curious how they respond... But I'm fairly certain it won't be pretty.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#372 » by Landsberger » Fri Feb 7, 2020 4:37 am

kblo247 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Jeff Geeen is a net negative player. He was horrible with Utah to the point you would say put in rondo for him.

It is indicative of his career. Green has been terrible for years bouncing from team to team. He’s never been a good defender. He’s not a great offensive player. He’s too slow to defend 3s and too weak to handle 4s and has been since okc which is why they dealt him for Perk. He never amounted to anything in Boston and bounced around on vet mins from Cleveland to washington to Utah and the Clips.

One blunder isn’t indicative of JR’s career is what you should say. JR is a former sixth man of the year. JR has been a perennial double digit playoff scorer. JR has started on a championship team and helped them make multiple finals. That same year that JR made the **** up of **** ups, he also outplayed Demar Derozan and defended him one on one on his way out the door in Toronto which people forget.

There’s no question between them of who has had the most impactful career, it’s JR. There is no question to who defends better, its JR. There is no question of who scores and shoots better, it’s JR. There is no question to who has helped teams win more in every single stop he’s made as he’s been a playoff player and sixth man or starter with the Nuggets, Knicks, and Cavs and is a champion.

And for what it is worth I would swap JR for Troy Daniels in a heartbeat. JR has been there and done that many times over in pressure situations, game 7s, playoffs and he’s come up good which people forget on both ends. I wouldn’t put Troy down because it sends a bad message if you just cut him and say bye but I would offer him something to stay with the team if JR was fit.

As for Dudley, I would look to Marvin Williams if he is bought out to replace him, but I wouldn’t push Dudley out the door. Have the hard conversation of time to hang it up and come be an assistant, scout, commentator and keep him around the team for the chemistry and voice he brings. You see his impact just in Kuzmas defense alone as he does the Dudley body bump, lean, and mirrors some of his tricks that he’s been taught.

JR is an ass-hat just like Melo... don’t want him anywhere near this team. I’d give Dudley 30 minutes a game before I’d let JR give him a cup of water.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#373 » by dockingsched » Fri Feb 7, 2020 5:09 am

Read on Twitter

If Collison doesn’t choose the Lakers after this, oh boy
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#374 » by Kilroy » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:00 am

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-02-07/lakers-and-darren-collison-have-already-been-in-contact

The Lakers had been willing to offer Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green, but the Knicks didn’t like that.
APphoto_UConn UCLA Basketball
Lakers

The Knicks then countered with a deal centered around Kuzma, Avery Bradley, DeMarcus Cousins and at least one second-round pick, but the Lakers rejected that proposal.

I dunno... I guess we thought it was a bit much for Morris... But still...
kblo247
RealGM

Post#375 » by kblo247 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:54 am

Kilroy wrote:https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-02-07/lakers-and-darren-collison-have-already-been-in-contact

The Lakers had been willing to offer Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green, but the Knicks didn’t like that.
APphoto_UConn UCLA Basketball
Lakers

The Knicks then countered with a deal centered around Kuzma, Avery Bradley, DeMarcus Cousins and at least one second-round pick, but the Lakers rejected that proposal.

I dunno... I guess we thought it was a bit much for Morris... But still...

Does not line up with other report that says there was a three team deal which would basically send Green to Dallas.

I mean that deal as offered is easily doable because you get back Morris and open two slots up and playing time for 1 more guy.

The biggest way I see them saying no is AD wants Cousins and they ain't pissing off their FA
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#376 » by Landsberger » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:35 pm

I'm just glad that the leadership recognized that Green isn't as advertised. Not giving up Bradley also shows someone is thinking at least.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#377 » by chefy » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:15 am

all the players we targeted before the trade deadline were available last offseason.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers