ImageImageImageImageImage

The Dwight redemption and Caruso to start @ the 1 bandwagons, you in?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

should Caruso start? is Dwight forgiven?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:20 am

yes, Caruso should start.
18%
yes, Dwight is aaight.
28%
no, Caruso belongs in the G-league
6%
no, Dwight is soft
1%
i'm in the Carushow and Dwight bandwagon
16%
I need a bigger sample size
27%
no, I will never jump on the bandwagon
4%

Total votes: 100

snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

The Dwight redemption and Caruso to start @ the 1 bandwagons, you in? 

Post#1 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:20 am

you can vote up to 5 different options
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: The Dwight redemption and Caruso to start @ the 1 bandwagons, you in? 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 am

Im gonna go with the bigger sample size. Let's give this team a bit to sort things out, and let everyone find their role, and work it out. Don't think changes 3 games in (there are no glaring issues yet) are needed.

Glad to see the two are playing well....and this is a good problem to have.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#3 » by Pythagoras » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:32 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:you can vote up to 5 different options

Caruso should have been done started. I'm sorry but struggling for a few minutes in a few meaningless preseason games doesn't override how well he played during the regular season last year. If Rondo comes back and takes his minutes I'll lose it.

Dwight, I'm not quite on his bandwagon yet, but... If he outplays McGee again in the next game (I think he will), he should be rewarded with the starting job and more minutes, like 26-28ish. I want to see how he handles success before I'm all in on Dwight. He did what you're supposed to do when you hit rock bottom, and he's made changes to be successful. Now that he's successful again, is he ready to stay committed to what's working for him?
Numbers rule the universe.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#4 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:25 am

Keep Dwight on the bench, I bet he will be mad and start too lose it and show his true colours. Let's wait for the half the season and see how he goes.

But yes on the white mamba
Bring back Defense
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#5 » by Cafu » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:44 am

We need to get Rondo and Kuz back before making significant changes imo. But the coaches are noticing so if they are playing this way the chance would be inevitable.
But in other hand I think we need a good bench also, throwing energy and punching the others teams in the mouth lol
The starting 5 right now doesn’t work that well but still not trailing in the beginning of the game like last couple of years. Even in the clippers game we had like u points lead.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#6 » by Dr Aki » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:19 am

evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#7 » by evilpimp972 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 am

But Lakers fans told me Caruso sucked?

I mean, what he does won't be in the stats sheet, he's a spot up shooter, and that size though...pretty good defender
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#8 » by kblo247 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 am

I wouldn’t start Caruso over Bradley. I would though play Rondo, Caruso, and KCP together. Then just use Daniels, Dudley, and Cook for situations while limiting Javale time to the teens.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#9 » by zimpy27 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:35 am

LeBron, AD, Green, KCP, Howard and Caruso are currently the 6 that have made the best plus/minus

total plus/minus

Add Kuzma to that and you may have the most realistic projection of the top 7 in the playoffs.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#10 » by Landsberger » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:53 pm

We changing the starting line up by game or by half?
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#11 » by TheGOATWill » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:35 pm

It’s a double decker bandwagon, that I’m driving and your boy is on 1.5 Red Bull’s.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#12 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:37 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:Keep Dwight on the bench, I bet he will be mad and start too lose it and show his true colours. Let's wait for the half the season and see how he goes.

But yes on the white mamba

You got it wrong, it’s the bald mamba
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#13 » by stan francisco » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:54 pm

I’ve been proud member of the ‘start the Bald Mamba bandwagon’ since Lonzo was traded.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#14 » by Kilroy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Dwight was absolute ass the first game... He had a decent second half the next, and this one he was good for the whole thing...

I liked what I saw for sure, but it's Dwight... I have no confidence this is going to last. His head just doesn't seem to work that way. And I really hate all the little borderline dirty, tantrum plays he has and the constant whining about calls...

That said, I'm at C+ territory right now and think he's going to be solid for us... I'm not quite at the 'he should start over McGee' stage even though McGee seems to be clueless out there right now.
Which leads me to my next big question... Clearly the coaching staff messed with McGee's game this season... They have him playing outside his comfort zone the last few games... Why?... I'm sure they think it'd be better in the long run, but McGee was perfect just doing what he always has for us and GSW... And he's not the brainiest of players, who seems prone to doing really boneheaded things. Maybe that happens when you make his role too complicated? KISS guys. Follows, Oops, and the occasional block... that's it and we'll have maybe the best front court in the league. Stop with the McGee at the 3pt line receiving passes nonsense.

Caruso still has done nothing to make me think his role with the team is some sort of injustice... Honestly, after watching every single one of his minutes this season so far, I have no idea what people are seeing that makes them think he should be 1st G off the bench much less starter.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#15 » by iamworthy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm

I don't understand the Caruso love fest.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Kilroy wrote:Which leads me to my next big question... Clearly the coaching staff messed with McGee's game this season... They have him playing outside his comfort zone the last few games... Why?... I'm sure they think it'd be better in the long run, but McGee was perfect just doing what he always has for us and GSW... And he's not the brainiest of players, who seems prone to doing really boneheaded things. Maybe that happens when you make his role too complicated? KISS guys.

I totally agree. Why are they trying to tweak this guy's game so late in his career? He is what he is....warts and all. Just let him do his thing, and don't try to get too cute with it. I question what it is they expect him to turn into?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:03 pm

iamworthy wrote:I don't understand the Caruso love fest.

I think it's a cool story, and after several years of back and forth...I'm super happy the guy got a decent contract. $5.5mil is considerably more $$ that your average American will make in his/her life. So good for him. I think he plays with some desperation, and has a good head on his shoulders.

All that said....the guy has no business being a starting PG in the NBA. Not from what I've seen. He's a decent bench guy, and I'm glad he got a contract. I will continue to root for him, and hope he improves. But I am not holding my breath for him to develop into a starter-level player.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Kilroy wrote:Dwight was absolute ass the first game... He had a decent second half the next, and this one he was good for the whole thing...

You gotta give the guy a good 20-30 games to really figure out his new role as well. It's gotta be hard being the man your whole life, and then suddenly being the "lunch-pail' guy. I personally think he's making a legit go of it...and trying to adjust to this new life he's found himself in. Yeah, he has flashbacks...I'm sure he will from time to time.

I don't think your wrong at all to worry about the "real Dwight" returning.....but I do think we aughta understand this is a major change to his game. He's got some figuring out to do.

He's led a life I can't possibly understand. I don't know if he's able to change. I guess nobody does, maybe not even himself. What will he become in the 4th quarter of a heated playoff game? Will he have a string of games where he scores 25 or so points, and feels he should be given more "offensive respect"? Would he be totally wrong??

In any event, I just hope guy guy keeps finding his place here, and rolls through the season. If he does....he will land a more lucrative contract elsewhere, and it will no longer be a concern for me.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#19 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:47 pm

I think Caruso should get regular rotation minutes before he starts, not random second half minutes whenever Vogel thinks we need his energy. If he shows consistency in a defined role night in and night out, then we can talk about starting him. He has been impressive though.

Regarding Dwight, I think the redemption is real. He's sticking to his role and playing with the most energy out there than anyone else. While he isn't as explosive as Mcgee, I think atleast by the eye test, our defense looks way better when he's out there, because he's far more disciplined and has better help positioning than Mcgee does. I'm cool with starting him,but I don't want him to play much more minutes than he is playing now. Health is still a concern with him. The cousins injury obviously really sucks for him, but for our team it may look like a blessing in disguise, especially if Cousins returns by the playoffs and we have the luxury of picking and choosing who gets those minutes based on matchups.

I think more than anything, we need Kuz back asap. I'm dreading the day where Lebron or AD has to miss any sort of time. The limited minutes that we've seen with both of them off the floor, we look like we have no idea what to do on offense.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#20 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 pm

I should add, I like how Caruso has played, but I think the people expecting him to be our solution at pg moving forward are simply overly optimistic. I think he's a Jordan Farmar type of point guard. Great energy, solid playmaking, and above average shooting. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't think he really has the skills or the consistency to be a starting point guard in this league. Of course, considering his competition at the position, he could still prove himself to be our best option in that spot, but I sincerely don't see him having this huge untapped potential that many on the pro-caruso camp think he does.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers