ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,281

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1341 » by Jedi32 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:20 pm

Lakers get one more free throw than an opponent, and the general board is bitching like it has pms. Meanwhile phoenix had a 20/6 freethrow advantage last night and no one says anything.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#1342 » by BEazy » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:30 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:Sign and trade Schroder, THJ, and Kuzma to timberwolves for Dlo. I was a dlo fan when he was a Lakers. I think he and AD would form a nice Duo after lebron retires. I mean, they're both around the same age right. Pick and Roll b/w Dlo and AD would be lethal. Having a guy like KCP to guard other team's better guards will help hide dlo's so so defense at best when he tries.

Uhhhhhh no.... You can keep D'Angelo. We are not going to go backwards. Plus Schroder, THT, and Kuzma >>>>D'Angelo Russell.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#1343 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:42 am

It's amazing how we throw away an Nba Finals. Even with all the bad things if Davis doesn't get injured in Game 3 this team would go to the finals. I don't see any good team in the West.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#1344 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:50 am

We should've had more of a gameplan. Like FORCED gameplan to the season. Like Orders from on high Up top. AD and Bron do not play at all until mid-season. 1st half record be damned. Just play 2nd half of season and into the playoffs. We might, maybe would've had a full healthy squad for the dance
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1345 » by Kilroy » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:02 am

AD partied or relaxed too much over the off season... He got what he wanted and took the foot off the gas a little too long...
LeBron knew this was maybe his last chance at MVP and put his foot down a little too hard and no one told him to chill...

If someone gets in ADs ear and convinces him it's all about repeating, convinces him to stay in shape and keep working out, take care of his body, maybe he doesn't get banged up right out the gate...
If someone tells LeBron championship rings are more important to his legacy than MVP trophies, and the one thing he legacy doesn't have over guys like Kobe and MJ, is a 3 Peat... MJ has 2...
Then maybe this team is healthy for the post season, and more importantly, has more experience playing together...

Also, if Vogel isn't toying with lineups all season, maybe guys play more fluid, don't have to work as hard, and we're healthier too...

The more I replay this season in my head, the more I think the biggest factor in our struggles is AD coming in a bit under-motivated....
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#1346 » by TylersLakers » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:59 am

Watching Utah and the Clippers.. this team needs a lot more shooting.

Also: It’s time we move AD to the 5 almost full time. It doesn’t mean we don’t have a few C’s on our roster who get used for specific matchups but we need to emphasize spacing and open it up. And.. I don’t think Kuzma is the guy to fill that void.
BEazy
RealGM

Post#1347 » by BEazy » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:07 am

Kilroy wrote:If someone gets in ADs ear and convinces him it's all about repeating, convinces him to stay in shape and keep working out, take care of his body, maybe he doesn't get banged up right out the gate...

I don't get why AD won't just do what Bron is doing with his body to stay in shape. I mean Bron is basically one phone call away. AD needs to spend 1 million dollars on his body just like LBJ does. That's the only way I see AD maintaining dominance and longevity with his career. If he doesn't change something about his training, his career will end in the mid 30s.

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#1348 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:03 am

I actually thought the jazz had a ton of headroom to do better whereas the Clips look like they normally do. I doubt Ingles is going 1-8 from three all series long. Rooting for Jordan Clarkson in that one, sorry Zu
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1349 » by tugs » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:43 pm

Missing 20 straight shots but stayed within striking distance is unreal. Most of those shots they usually make. Imagine what could have been if Utah made shots at their average clip. Phew
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#1350 » by ROballer » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:53 pm

Speaking of the Jazz, I'm amazed by how friendly some of their salaries are.

Joe Ingles is making 12 mil next year.
Bojan Bogdanovic is making 18 mil.
Royce O'Neale is making 8.8 mil.

I don't like Clarkson but even his bum ass is making 12 mil, a bargain when you compare him to other players.

All of them are vastly superior to our role players. ****, Dennis Schroder is asking 20+ a year. He should be ashamed.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1351 » by tugs » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:03 pm

Welp, if you got 2 players eyeing that supermax, other role players need to take the hit. Although I believe Joe and Bojan signed way before teams threw away money to players. Clarkson was swayed by the role and opted to settle with what was offered

Imagine if they had the space to sign a legitimate perimeter defender though. It's scary
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#1352 » by ROballer » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:19 pm

tugs wrote:Welp, if you got 2 players eyeing that supermax, other role players need to take the hit. Although I believe Joe and Bojan signed way before teams threw away money to players. Clarkson was swayed by the role and opted to settle with what was offered

Imagine if they had the space to sign a legitimate perimeter defender though. It's scary

Royce O'Neale can guard anybody, they're fine.

I'm getting sick when I look at his contract, I'd bust one of my balls if we had a talent like that doing all the dirty work, switching onto every kind of guy in this league and doing excellent work, but still hitting 3's at a high clip consistently offensively.
At **** 8-9 mil a year mind you.

Apparently Kuzma and KCT are too tired with their efforts on D to hit the the far side of the barn door when they shoot. O'Neale doesn't have that problem. Some can, some can't, it is what is is.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#1353 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:43 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Sign and trade Schroder, THJ, and Kuzma to timberwolves for Dlo. I was a dlo fan when he was a Lakers. I think he and AD would form a nice Duo after lebron retires. I mean, they're both around the same age right. Pick and Roll b/w Dlo and AD would be lethal. Having a guy like KCP to guard other team's better guards will help hide dlo's so so defense at best when he tries.

Uhhhhhh no.... You can keep D'Angelo. We are not going to go backwards. Plus Schroder, THT, and Kuzma >>>>D'Angelo Russell.

OMG, D'Angelo Russell is one of the players I hate to see in a Laker uniform. The guy is lazy on defense, overrated scorer who always need someone who provide picks for him and has a terrible attitude. If he was so good, Warriors would have kept him, but instead they swallowed a poison pill and shipped him to get another overpaid player.
Porzingis for me is also overrated and should never be considered to be acquired. Very soft and brittle, no low post game, terrible on on switching.
Lastly, Lonzo Ball. While he improved on his shooting and still played good defense, I still cringe everytime I see him play bec, he's a ticking time bomb, like any moment, he'll brake something. He never played more than 75% of possible games.
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#1354 » by Jedi32 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:47 pm

Kilroy wrote:AD partied or relaxed too much over the off season... He got what he wanted and took the foot off the gas a little too long...
LeBron knew this was maybe his last chance at MVP and put his foot down a little too hard and no one told him to chill...

If someone gets in ADs ear and convinces him it's all about repeating, convinces him to stay in shape and keep working out, take care of his body, maybe he doesn't get banged up right out the gate...
If someone tells LeBron championship rings are more important to his legacy than MVP trophies, and the one thing he legacy doesn't have over guys like Kobe and MJ, is a 3 Peat... MJ has 2...
Then maybe this team is healthy for the post season, and more importantly, has more experience playing together...

Also, if Vogel isn't toying with lineups all season, maybe guys play more fluid, don't have to work as hard, and we're healthier too...

The more I replay this season in my head, the more I think the biggest factor in our struggles is AD coming in a bit under-motivated....

honestly it was just the injuries really. the turnaround was to quick. i think AD keeps himself in shape.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#1355 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:59 pm

Jedi32 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:AD partied or relaxed too much over the off season... He got what he wanted and took the foot off the gas a little too long...

honestly it was just the injuries really. the turnaround was to quick. i think AD keeps himself in shape.

AD has never played a full season for his entire 9 years. Age 19, he missed 18 games, the following year missed 15.
at age, 21, missed 14.
age 22 missed 22 games. I just feel like he has these little cracks in his body that get bigger everytime he plays like 20 games straight. I can't help but imagine him signing the max upon getting a full body MRI AND CT scan and finding out that there are these manute ligament/tendon tears present in his body. Shoulder problem, ankle, groing, calf, what else?
BEazy
RealGM

Post#1356 » by BEazy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 am

I hope Rob is watching the Nuggets vs Suns series closely. Nuggets are getting worked without their PG. We need a legit PG so bad...

fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#1357 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:49 am

It's amazing how much Chris Paul was facking his injury lol
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#1358 » by Jedi32 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:32 am

siFy wrote:It's amazing how much Chris Paul was facking his injury lol

exactly, you have posters on the general board saying well cp3 was injured like AD so it was a wash. GTFOH, that fool was not injured, he was hurt briefly but that's it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1359 » by Kilroy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 am

Jedi32 wrote:

He looked like crap this season even when he was healthy... The only time he looked decent was in the few games leading up to the play-in and up to LeBron coming back...
And even when he did look OK, his shot was still pretty shaky and he wasn't creating space like he used to.
He either took his foot off the gas too much in the off-season, or he has legit lost a step... I'm hoping he just took his foot off the gas a bit...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#1360 » by TylersLakers » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:30 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I hope Rob is watching the Nuggets vs Suns series closely. Nuggets are getting worked without their PG. We need a legit PG so bad...

Our only option is Schroder. That’s it.

Maybe mid season we could find a deal for him. But nothing this off season.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers