ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, TyCobb

lakerRD
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,015
And1: 922
Joined: May 16, 2007
       

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1481 » by lakerRD » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:04 pm

^ :lol:
User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 9,846
And1: 2,404
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1482 » by ScHoolBoy B » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:48 am

I'm going for the Bucks to end the Suns. I just want to see Crowder's face when he loses 2 finals in a row.
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
User avatar
chefy
Head Coach
Posts: 6,824
And1: 552
Joined: Aug 14, 2006

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1483 » by chefy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:12 am

Just want the series to go to 7 games lol.

Jrue Holiday man. Wish we could get a player like him. Good all around player and a defensive demon.
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 8,552
And1: 1,797
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1484 » by Landsberger » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:39 am

Been a while.... I've lost much of my interest in the NBA... that said. Eat it Chris Paul!

That is all.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 15,272
And1: 3,391
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1485 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:44 am

Props to the Bucks. I thought Kareem was never gonna give up that record. But they did
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
User avatar
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 16,629
And1: 4,629
Joined: Nov 15, 2005
Location: San Diego
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1486 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 am

Kostas- "I was champ before you both"
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 9,846
And1: 2,404
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1487 » by ScHoolBoy B » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:28 am

Crowder salsa dancing all the way to Cancun! lol
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
User avatar
EArl
RealGM
Posts: 49,154
And1: 12,705
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
Location: Columbus
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1488 » by EArl » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 am

Initially I didn't care who won as long at it wasn't the Clippers, but I started rooting for the Bucks when the finals started. So glad they lost.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 20,109
And1: 8,823
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1489 » by iamworthy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Suns fans were real confident after they beat the Lakers....:lol: Such a weird finals. I don't expect much from the bucks or suns going forward.
Image
User avatar
Beethoven
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,128
And1: 2,597
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1490 » by Beethoven » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:49 pm

CONGRATS to the bucks and Giannis.

suns back to irrelevancy..if they ever were relevant. Oop.

They'll need another perfect alignment of massive injuries to a set of superstars to get back to where they went again.
lol

Hope to see giannis at the finals against us next year.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
ROballer
General Manager
Posts: 8,012
And1: 1,731
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1491 » by ROballer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Chris Paul is a real scum but I'm not going to cry if he comes to the Lakers. He can opt out of this deal this summer.

And that's a bigger possibility than it may seem..

He's close as **** with Lebron, the latter even coming to one of his Finals games. You can bet your ass he's been recruited like crazy.

Here's why:

1.The sniff of the ring.

I think he never EVER thought it would be possible to get this close again. He probably wanted to play out his massive contract before trying to ring chase one final time, but in the back of his head I think he never expected to be in the Finals.
He was right there, he could smell it and probably wants it badly again. The last few years have been kinda down but this run clearly rejuvenated his hunger.

2. Although he was close, he's a smart man. He knows it was fluky as **** and the Suns are probably Miami from a year ago.
One trick ponies.
The West is going to get a lot stronger and they are not going to be able to improve by much if any. Getting an injury riddled path for their opponents is not a strong possibility as well. The Suns ARE NOT his best bet ever again.

3. Money not an issue.
This guy has made exactly 300 mil in his career from his NBA contracts alone. He doesn't seem the guy who lives paycheck to paycheck and who flushed it all away. He's got plenty of money to last him until the end of his life and his children's.
Yes, he's opting out of 44 mil. Yes, he probably will get a 2 year 80 mil deal from the Suns if he wants it.

Does 80 mil on top of 300+ mean more to him than a winning a ring? I don't think so.


There are two options here: Either signing for the MLE, leaving a ton of money on the table. He'd get 20-25% of what the Suns can give him.

Or convincing the Suns to do a S&T. They'll probably say no out of pettiness, but they can either lose him for nothing or get Schroder in return.
That way Paul's salary will be equivalent to Schroder's, 20-25 mil per. Still about 50% of what the Suns can and will give him.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,660
And1: 568
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1492 » by Ball so hard » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:50 pm

Landsberger wrote:Been a while.... I've lost much of my interest in the NBA... that said. Eat it Chris Paul!

That is all.


Why?
Pythagoras
Veteran
Posts: 2,827
And1: 2,426
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: KC, Mo
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1493 » by Pythagoras » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:24 pm

ROballer wrote:Chris Paul is a real scum but I'm not going to cry if he comes to the Lakers. He can opt out of this deal this summer.

And that's a bigger possibility than it may seem..

He's close as **** with Lebron, the latter even coming to one of his Finals games. You can bet your ass he's been recruited like crazy.

Here's why:

1.The sniff of the ring.

I think he never EVER thought it would be possible to get this close again. He probably wanted to play out his massive contract before trying to ring chase one final time, but in the back of his head I think he never expected to be in the Finals.
He was right there, he could smell it and probably wants it badly again. The last few years have been kinda down but this run clearly rejuvenated his hunger.

2. Although he was close, he's a smart man. He knows it was fluky as **** and the Suns are probably Miami from a year ago.
One trick ponies.
The West is going to get a lot stronger and they are not going to be able to improve by much if any. Getting an injury riddled path for their opponents is not a strong possibility as well. The Suns ARE NOT his best bet ever again.

3. Money not an issue.
This guy has made exactly 300 mil in his career from his NBA contracts alone. He doesn't seem the guy who lives paycheck to paycheck and who flushed it all away. He's got plenty of money to last him until the end of his life and his children's.
Yes, he's opting out of 44 mil. Yes, he probably will get a 2 year 80 mil deal from the Suns if he wants it.

Does 80 mil on top of 300+ mean more to him than a winning a ring? I don't think so.


There are two options here: Either signing for the MLE, leaving a ton of money on the table. He'd get 20-25% of what the Suns can give him.

Or convincing the Suns to do a S&T. They'll probably say no out of pettiness, but they can either lose him for nothing or get Schroder in return.
That way Paul's salary will be equivalent to Schroder's, 20-25 mil per. Still about 50% of what the Suns can and will give him.


Dude, Chris Paul is president of the player’s union. He’s not going to walk away from the kind of stupid money Phoenix or the Knicks will throw at him just to ring chase for half of what he’d get on the open market or less. People need to let that dream go.
Numbers rule the universe.
ROballer
General Manager
Posts: 8,012
And1: 1,731
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1494 » by ROballer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:40 pm

President of my ass. If that actually means anything. :roll:

Chris Paul is all about himself, don't ever think anything else about him. He could care less about precedents or other ****.
He's made 300+ mil and he'll be 37 years old soon. He's got 2-3 years left if that, if you think he's all about squeezing that juice you don't know anything about him. This isn't a 25 year old taking an way below market deal for suspect purposes, he's a guy at an age 99% of all players who ever played were retired already.
He has a bullet left in this chamber and rest assured he'll make his decision based on his winning odds, not money.

Yeah, he'll possibly take the Phx deal or the NY/Dallas deal. But the fact that it's more money involved than we can give him is a mere coincidence. He'd do it because he thinks those are the best bets he has in the 2-3 years left. He might be wrong but who are we to tell him anything?

People undersell his relationship with Lebron. And the fact we can add Carmelo to the boat(pun intended) after we trade Kuzma as well. It's not just an old fart buddy reunion of sorts, but one who can accomplish the ultimate goal(spare me on the Melo rant, he'll be rendered almost useless and it's a make someone happy add, nobody's expecting anything world class out of him..and we don't even need it).


Funny thing there's a precedent on our own **** franchise. Check Gary Payton deal made with us vs what the Heat were offering him at that time.
And he didn't have the personal connection with anyone on that team Paul has with Lebron and wasn't nearly Paul's age.



It's at least a viable discussion and way more plausible than most of the crap thrown at the wall around here in the Trades thread.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Pythagoras
Veteran
Posts: 2,827
And1: 2,426
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: KC, Mo
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1495 » by Pythagoras » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:06 pm

ROballer wrote:President of my ass. If that actually means anything. :roll:

Chris Paul is all about himself, don't ever think anything else about him. He could care less about precedents or other ****.
He's made 300+ mil and he'll be 37 years old soon. He's got 2-3 years left if that, if you think he's all about squeezing that juice you don't know anything about him. This isn't a 25 year old taking an way below market deal for suspect purposes, he's a guy at an age 99% of all players who ever played were retired already.
He has a bullet left in this chamber and rest assured he'll make his decision based on his winning odds, not money.

Yeah, he'll possibly take the Phx deal or the NY/Dallas deal. But the fact that it's more money involved than we can give him is a mere coincidence. He'd do it because he thinks those are the best bets he has in the 2-3 years left. He might be wrong but who are we to tell him anything?

People undersell his relationship with Lebron. And the fact we can add Carmelo to the boat(pun intended) after we trade Kuzma as well. It's not just an old fart buddy reunion of sorts, but one who can accomplish the ultimate goal(spare me on the Melo rant, he'll be rendered almost useless and it's a make someone happy add, nobody's expecting anything world class out of him..and we don't even need it).


Funny thing there's a precedent on our own **** franchise. Check Gary Payton deal made with us vs what the Heat were offering him at that time.
And he didn't have the personal connection with anyone on that team Paul has with Lebron and wasn't nearly Paul's age.



It's at least a viable discussion and way more plausible than most of the crap thrown at the wall around here in the Trades thread.


It’s not more plausible. If you think he’s taking one cent less than the 30 million he’s getting offered this season, I have a bridge to sell you. The path to getting the Suns to facilitate the deal is also more difficult. They just made the finals. They gave up a pick to get him. There’s talk of them throwing a freaking 4th year at him just to get him to stay. Lowry, Lonzo, Brogdon, and Hield are all FAR more realistic options.

I don’t even think Lebron would ask him to take that kind of pay cut anyway. At least, he wouldn’t if they were truly friends. When time came for Lebron to get his money he took every single penny the Lakers could offer. Didn’t offer any kind of discount. Now he’s going to ask CP3 to leave north of 50 million on the table to come help him get a ring? What kind of friend would Lebron be if he did that?
Numbers rule the universe.
User avatar
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 16,629
And1: 4,629
Joined: Nov 15, 2005
Location: San Diego
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1496 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:52 am

Where was Jake from State Farm?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
ROballer
General Manager
Posts: 8,012
And1: 1,731
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1497 » by ROballer » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 am

Pythagoras wrote:
ROballer wrote:President of my ass. If that actually means anything. :roll:

Chris Paul is all about himself, don't ever think anything else about him. He could care less about precedents or other ****.
He's made 300+ mil and he'll be 37 years old soon. He's got 2-3 years left if that, if you think he's all about squeezing that juice you don't know anything about him. This isn't a 25 year old taking an way below market deal for suspect purposes, he's a guy at an age 99% of all players who ever played were retired already.
He has a bullet left in this chamber and rest assured he'll make his decision based on his winning odds, not money.

Yeah, he'll possibly take the Phx deal or the NY/Dallas deal. But the fact that it's more money involved than we can give him is a mere coincidence. He'd do it because he thinks those are the best bets he has in the 2-3 years left. He might be wrong but who are we to tell him anything?

People undersell his relationship with Lebron. And the fact we can add Carmelo to the boat(pun intended) after we trade Kuzma as well. It's not just an old fart buddy reunion of sorts, but one who can accomplish the ultimate goal(spare me on the Melo rant, he'll be rendered almost useless and it's a make someone happy add, nobody's expecting anything world class out of him..and we don't even need it).


Funny thing there's a precedent on our own **** franchise. Check Gary Payton deal made with us vs what the Heat were offering him at that time.
And he didn't have the personal connection with anyone on that team Paul has with Lebron and wasn't nearly Paul's age.



It's at least a viable discussion and way more plausible than most of the crap thrown at the wall around here in the Trades thread.


It’s not more plausible. If you think he’s taking one cent less than the 30 million he’s getting offered this season, I have a bridge to sell you. The path to getting the Suns to facilitate the deal is also more difficult. They just made the finals. They gave up a pick to get him. There’s talk of them throwing a freaking 4th year at him just to get him to stay. Lowry, Lonzo, Brogdon, and Hield are all FAR more realistic options.

I don’t even think Lebron would ask him to take that kind of pay cut anyway. At least, he wouldn’t if they were truly friends. When time came for Lebron to get his money he took every single penny the Lakers could offer. Didn’t offer any kind of discount. Now he’s going to ask CP3 to leave north of 50 million on the table to come help him get a ring? What kind of friend would Lebron be if he did that?


You lay out all that rant and manage to waste all away in a second.

I'll give you Hield.

But in what world the other ones are more realistic? :lol: :lol:

Brogdon for whom? KCP or Kuzma? This crap again? Why would Indy give out an all star talent for our trash?
Lonzo for whom? He's a 23 year old about to be paid guy, surely as hell he won't take the MLE. And the Pelicans don't want to pay Schroder in a sign and trade, they'd rather give that money to Ball if it comes to that because he's clearly the better player and way younger on top of that between the two.

Lowry is in the same boat as Paul in this.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,323
And1: 698
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1498 » by LAL1947 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:55 am

I wanted the Suns to win so CP3 could finally get his ring, and because Booker seems like a nice guy, plus they move the ball around well. Crowder also deserved a ring after the run they had, he does his job well as a soldier for the team who does whatever is asked of him... the same can be said of PJ Tucker. The good ball movement kinda stopped after game 2 though, and Cam Payne's minutes were reduced in games 5 & 6, while Ayton shrank as Giannis grew in stature. Wonder how much of the blame for that, if any, goes to Monty... especially for sticking Ayton on an island against Giannis.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 15,272
And1: 3,391
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1499 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:49 pm

3 v 3 Olympics looks cool. Dont know any of the names, but it looks fun
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
SlimShady83
Head Coach
Posts: 6,803
And1: 825
Joined: Jun 19, 2012

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1500 » by SlimShady83 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 5:12 am

Is this coming season back to normal 82 games a year and pre-season as well? when it start?
Anthony Davis: Is the biggest softest big-man to ever play the game

Return to Los Angeles Lakers