ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: Danny Darko, TyCobb, Kilroy

RamonSessions7
General Manager
Posts: 9,622
And1: 2,057
Joined: Feb 21, 2009
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#221 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:40 pm

SweetTouch wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
SweetTouch wrote:
The King has won a title three different years against the better team so I have faith he could do it again for the fourth time

Since when were the Spurs better than not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7?
Hell they were better than the Mavs but choked that away


Okc, Spurs, and warriors were the favorites

SPURS Had them in 6, but they choked
OKC has Westbrook KD, harden
Warriors, David vs Goliath for the history books

And yes The King has lost one while being the favorite but he’s won 3 while being the underdog

Miami was actually quite heavily favored the first year vs the spurs when they won. They were slight underdogs the following year when they lost.
Image
Ball so hard
Rookie
Posts: 1,149
And1: 405
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#222 » by Ball so hard » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:24 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21


Meh, all that razzle-dazzle and his defender was still right there in his face. He appears to have more raw talent than Zo had at the same age, but I doubt he'll be as impactful as Zo.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,880
And1: 29,109
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#223 » by Slava » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:29 pm

TyCobb wrote:Embiid just lost his right to open his mouth the rest of the season and playoffs. Damn thats ugly.


That Toronto defence is a buzzsaw though. All that length and movement with high IQ defensive instincts.
:king:
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 873
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#224 » by stan francisco » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Slava wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Embiid just lost his right to open his mouth the rest of the season and playoffs. Damn thats ugly.


That Toronto defence is a buzzsaw though. All that length and movement with high IQ defensive instincts.


Indeed. And good coaching.

Siakam is a beast and FVF is the PG the Lakers need. I’d give up JaVale (preferrably KCP) to get FVF and I’d take the chance that he’ll re-sign next summer.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,945
And1: 11,253
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#225 » by dockingsched » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:49 pm

You’d give up a dime a dozen limited big man for a good young still improving guard, how generous of you.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 873
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#226 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:12 am

dockingsched wrote:You’d give up a dime a dozen limited big man for a good young still improving guard, how generous of you.


Okay, now we’re talking. Do you think a Klutch can talk KCP into going to Toronto despite the NTC? What is his value in a three team deal? Is JMG worthless around the league? Not even close. Big for small is a balancing factor. Add a guard, like Cook or Daniels

Or, what would you consider giving up for a potential four month lease in FVF? What’s fair to you?

Why would Toronto trade him? They only would if they already know he’s walking this summer. I think he is ready to move on, and I think they know it. Basing that off of a recent interview.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
thebigbird
Analyst
Posts: 3,178
And1: 7,449
Joined: Jul 11, 2018
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#227 » by thebigbird » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:28 am

stan francisco wrote:
dockingsched wrote:You’d give up a dime a dozen limited big man for a good young still improving guard, how generous of you.


Okay, now we’re talking. Do you think a Klutch can talk KCP into going to Toronto despite the NTC? What is his value in a three team deal? Is JMG worthless around the league? Not even close. Big for small is a balancing factor. Add a guard, like Cook or Daniels

Or, what would you consider giving up for a potential four month lease in FVF? What’s fair to you?

Why would Toronto trade him? They only would if they already know he’s walking this summer. I think he is ready to move on, and I think they know it. Basing that off of a recent interview.

Why trade KCP though? He's been great lately and is shooting 44% from 3 on the year.
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 873
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#228 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:22 am

thebigbird wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
dockingsched wrote:You’d give up a dime a dozen limited big man for a good young still improving guard, how generous of you.


Okay, now we’re talking. Do you think a Klutch can talk KCP into going to Toronto despite the NTC? What is his value in a three team deal? Is JMG worthless around the league? Not even close. Big for small is a balancing factor. Add a guard, like Cook or Daniels

Or, what would you consider giving up for a potential four month lease in FVF? What’s fair to you?

Why would Toronto trade him? They only would if they already know he’s walking this summer. I think he is ready to move on, and I think they know it. Basing that off of a recent interview.

Why trade KCP though? He's been great lately and is shooting 44% from 3 on the year.


Because he’s been shooting 44% from three and has been less inconsistent lately.

I was just told above that JMG is not enough of an offer for FVF. You’re saying KCP is too much? No suggestions? I’m just curious if anyone else here sees the fit.

I happen to think he’s the perfect fit to start at point on this team. I’d like to get him here before he hits FA.

McGee is tradable if DMC comes back healthy in April/May. KCP has value and is tradable with a healthy Bradley. All other tradable pieces are fillers at best.

Iggy and Van Fleet would complete this roster. If we can get their expirings for Javale, Pope and Cook or a young talented player, do it.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 12,597
And1: 1,649
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#229 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:56 am

Melo !!!

Feel good for him. He’s in the best system he can be in with their ISO’s and mid range heavy style. He’s not asked to play like anyone but what Melo great, which is like Dwight being asked to simply play D.
Image
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 1,517
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#230 » by Landsberger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:57 pm

I hate Melo.... but not as much as CP3. Couldn't care less about what he's doing.
User avatar
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 15,218
And1: 2,781
Joined: Nov 15, 2005
Location: San Diego
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#231 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:02 pm

So do we think that if we would have kept BI instead of Kuz that BI would be having the same kind of season he is having or would he still be mediocre from the 3, missing FT, and getting mauled on his way to the basket?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 1,517
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#232 » by Landsberger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:37 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:So do we think that if we would have kept BI instead of Kuz that BI would be having the same kind of season he is having or would he still be mediocre from the 3, missing FT, and getting mauled on his way to the basket?


I didn't see any difference in his game other than opportunity last night. I've watched 4 or 5 of NO's games and he's basically the same but NO is putting him in better situations that we did. He does look to be somewhat improved from 3. He's still spotty from the line but improving.

If he were getting 20 min/night off the bench I'm not sure the impact would be much different... Now, would he have a different role than Kuzma... that's the question. Does he fit with Bron and Davis? To me that's a stretch to say yes. He's such a ball dominant offensively player my thoughts are that he'd get little opportunity to have that role here with those guys. If one got injured he's be a guy who could step in probably better than Kuz.
bb22
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,450
And1: 510
Joined: Oct 08, 2012

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#233 » by bb22 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 pm

Landsberger wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:So do we think that if we would have kept BI instead of Kuz that BI would be having the same kind of season he is having or would he still be mediocre from the 3, missing FT, and getting mauled on his way to the basket?


I didn't see any difference in his game other than opportunity last night. I've watched 4 or 5 of NO's games and he's basically the same but NO is putting him in better situations that we did. He does look to be somewhat improved from 3. He's still spotty from the line but improving.

If he were getting 20 min/night off the bench I'm not sure the impact would be much different... Now, would he have a different role than Kuzma... that's the question. Does he fit with Bron and Davis? To me that's a stretch to say yes. He's such a ball dominant offensively player my thoughts are that he'd get little opportunity to have that role here with those guys. If one got injured he's be a guy who could step in probably better than Kuz.



Very good point.
thebigbird
Analyst
Posts: 3,178
And1: 7,449
Joined: Jul 11, 2018
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#234 » by thebigbird » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Ingram is a classic example of a guy putting up numbers on a bad team. He didn't look any different last night from last year. He was scared to go at LeBron all night. Imo, the Lakers kept their best two prospects in Kuzma and Caruso. Talentwise they're not the two best, but they're both willing to work hard and sacrifice their numbers to be part of a contender. Would the other guys have been willing to do that? Maybe, but I don't think so.
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 1,517
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#235 » by Landsberger » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:31 am

Ingram has expanded his numbers but is you look at the games he's scored the most in he has a poor ± in relation to the game outcome in most of them. That is exactly what happened here in his 12 game run of high scoring. He scored but we didn't win. I remember comparing 20 point and above games between he and Kuz last year and the impact on the team's chances when each got at least that amount was starkly different. Not to say that one is better than the other but to say that last year, in those circumstances, when Kuz got at least 20 we were usually in much better shape.

He still looks to be a guy who's trying to be a first option. I just don't think any team will be a true contender with him scoring 22+ as the primary option. That's not to say he's a failure or whatever.... just that he's not got the trajectory of a top 10 player. The Lakers are better off trading him... he'll probably be better off not being here so it's a win win.
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,945
And1: 11,253
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#236 » by dockingsched » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Ingram would be a good 6th man scoring option on a contender. Someone who is asked to get buckets when the stars are on the bench, not asked to carry the team all game, not in the game when the stars need someone who is good off the ball and not ball stopping.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TKainZero
Head Coach
Posts: 6,716
And1: 3,178
Joined: Jul 31, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#237 » by TKainZero » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Mavs vs suns tonight should be a fun game

Luka coming off a bad game, let’s see how he responds
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team


Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,162
And1: 12,486
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#238 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:52 pm

dockingsched wrote:Ingram would be a good 6th man scoring option on a contender. Someone who is asked to get buckets when the stars are on the bench, not asked to carry the team all game, not in the game when the stars need someone who is good off the ball and not ball stopping.


Might have been more useful than Kuzma to the Lakers?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 1,517
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#239 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:42 am

zimpy27 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:Ingram would be a good 6th man scoring option on a contender. Someone who is asked to get buckets when the stars are on the bench, not asked to carry the team all game, not in the game when the stars need someone who is good off the ball and not ball stopping.


Might have been more useful than Kuzma to the Lakers?


In that role I'd say maybe marginally so. 24 minutes vs the 34 he's getting now. The issue is.... would he want that role being a number 2 pick? My guess is no. He want's a max deal and for that he needs stats. Kuzma seems more accepting of a role that will be largely in support of the 2 stars we have. If nothing else, Ingram seems to be cementing a nice next contract.
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 17,107
And1: 3,814
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#240 » by iamworthy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:46 pm

We need to get Allen Crabbe from ATL. He’d be lights out playing along side of AD and LeBron.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers