ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-2) @ Phoenix Suns (6-3) - 9:00 PM ET

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Re: Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-2) @ Phoenix Suns (6-3) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#121 » by Showtime:Part2 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:41 am

man lebron switches from being lebron to being draymond this season. Just hope come wcf time he’s lebron every game. Guy looks gassed after what 9 games? We need to play green more at the Sf to make sure Lebron isn’t playing more than 32mpg on average
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#122 » by Showtime:Part2 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 am

My favorite part of this game was that kcp got 8 mins
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#123 » by Landsberger » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:54 am

just got back from Talking Stick... gotta love PHX traffic. 18 miles in 20 minutes!

Kuzma had what I think will be a more typical game for him. He's still not in shape but he was much more comfortable out there and didn't settle for the 3 every time. It's good we didn't trade him... Vogel pushed the right buttons down the stretch. Not sure about giving Caruso so many minutes however. He was torched early but played a solid second stretch. I'm not sure I've seen him hit a shot other than the dunks this year however. Dude can't shoot it seems.

Interesting listening to the Lakers sideline. When you could hear the coaches over Howard's yelling like a school girl it was all about defense. Most of the timeouts were going over the defensive sets as well. Vogel is stressing that it seems. The offense went stagnant late and while I love the defense we could use a little more ball movement late.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#124 » by mcscotty » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:55 am

Rondo and Kuzma both played well tonight. Things are looking real good ATM.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#125 » by TheHartBreakKid » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:55 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:My favorite part of this game was that kcp got 8 mins

Was just going to say. If Rondo back means less KCP, maybe we can put up with the poor spacing that Rondo brings for those minutes. Rondo back (and no KCP/Daniels) gave us more control about our matchups for Bradley and Caruso. It meant we could play both of them on Booker a lot more, where they both did a great job. No Rondo means more KCP/Daniels, which means less flexibility about where/how you use Bradley/Caruso (We can't have Danny Green chasing Rubio/other point guards every game).

I don't know if the above made any sense, but my point basically is this: Caruso/Bradley are both valuable defenders who are best served guarding the other team's SG, rather than their point guard. Daniels/KCP can't guard opposing point guards, and bring no playmaking or traditional PG skills. As a result, we have most of our back court playing out of position and not being used in the best way. 20-24 minutes of Rondo, despite all the issues that come with it, allow us to be more balanced in the backcourt and gives us more flexibility overall
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#126 » by Landsberger » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:58 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:My favorite part of this game was that kcp got 8 mins

Was just going to say. If Rondo back means less KCP, maybe we can put up with the poor spacing that Rondo brings for those minutes. Rondo back (and no KCP/Daniels) gave us more control about our matchups for Bradley and Caruso. It meant we could play both of them on Booker a lot more, where they both did a great job. No Rondo means more KCP/Daniels, which means less flexibility about where/how you use Bradley/Caruso (We can't have Danny Green chasing Rubio/other point guards every game).

I don't know if the above made any sense, but my point basically is this: Caruso/Bradley are both valuable defenders who are best served guarding the other team's SG, rather than their point guard. Daniels/KCP can't guard opposing point guards, and bring no playmaking or traditional PG skills. As a result, we have most of our back court playing out of position and not being used in the best way. 20-24 minutes of Rondo, despite all the issues that come with it, allow us to be more balanced in the backcourt and gives us more flexibility overall

Rondo got more rebounds and assists than KCP gets in a week in limited minutes. The "spacing" stuff is a little overblown. He directed the offense and found the mismatch a few times tonight. If that unit can be uptempo with him in there it will be just fine.
infintybeyond
Rookie
And1: 1,801

Post#127 » by infintybeyond » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:02 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:man lebron switches from being lebron to being draymond this season. Just hope come wcf time he’s lebron every game. Guy looks gassed after what 9 games? We need to play green more at the Sf to make sure Lebron isn’t playing more than 32mpg on average

Lebron has put a ton of energy and effort on Defense while still doing Lebron things on offense. He deserves praise, but it is definitely wearing him out. Hopefully with the return of Rondo and Kuz, they can lessen Lebron's offensive load. Unfortunately, Kuz provides no defensive relief for Lebron. Green could work, but he has no replacement either. KCP sucks, and Troy Daniels is allergic to defense. I never wanted to admit it, but this team needs Iguodala.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#128 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:41 am

LeBron took some really dumb shots and made some really dumb passes down the stretch... Along with missing must make free throws... That concerned me a little... As he gets older, he has to find ways to make the game easier for him... Not taking 1/3rd court shots in close games, not knee-jerking half court passes with a lead late in the 4th, and making gimme shots at the line, are all ways he can do that... Otherwise, he's going to be asked to put his body or AD's body on the line to correct those mistakes.

I think we need to walk AD's minutes way down and try to get him more rest... He's already banged up, and it's not going to get better. He's getting hammered in the paint and since the record free throw game, the refs have swallowed their whistles... Not fair, but maybe if we sit AD on nationally televised nights like Kawhi, they'll get the message. A fowl is a fowl and if freaking booker can draw them, AD and LeBron sure as hell should be getting them.

Kuz was huge... He needs to put about 10 games like that together and we'll be golden...

Green has been unimpressive since like the 3rd game of the season... He's just not super effective on D and he seems to protect his stats on offense... I thought he might be able to take some of the scoring load in the SL, but it's not really happening at this point...

Rondo getting up to speed is going to be a bigger help than I thought...

Caruso is out utility guy... He **** Booker all up in the head.... Got Booker to forget he's a volume scorer and instead got him to focus on winning the chippy foul battle... Great job by Caruso...

We need more offense though... If you told me coming in, that we'd be locking up teams but having trouble scoring more than 100 a night, I would have laughed at you in the preseason.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,683

Post#129 » by Up-And-Coming » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:41 am

TylersLakers wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Cant wait to settle the rotations

I think what we saw tonight is basically the rotation going forward.

Bradley, Green, LeBron, AD, McGee

Kuzma
Rondo
Howard
Caruso

It was nice not to have KCP out there. Feels good to have a real coach again.

Ya, sorry to KCP but he just hasn't been good enough. I can see us plugging in Quinn and Troy for Rondo at times for instant offense
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,179

Post#130 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 am

Rubio on the suns?

When the Fook did this happen? LOL
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,179

Post#131 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:23 am

Was there any Rondo/Mcgee action?

What you all think of Rondo's first game back?
Bring back Defense
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#132 » by BEazy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:59 am

If the Grizz want, we can give them Daniels and KCP for Iggy. I really think Iggy would help us tremendously.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#133 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:46 am

This Suns team is a legit playoff team this year. Nice win, it is great to see the team shooting over 40% 3pt for once.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#134 » by JVL » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:04 am

Feels like Lebron needs a a game off. Just start the load management, we don't need him to play 35 per game every night.

This was an important win, these Suns are firing on all cylinders at the moment. Booker, Baynes, Ayton and Rubio are all off to a career-defining start of the season.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#135 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:09 am

I would rest bron vs the warriors
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#136 » by mcscotty » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:02 am

JVL wrote:Feels like Lebron needs a a game off. Just start the load management, we don't need him to play 35 per game every night.

This was an important win, these Suns are firing on all cylinders at the moment. Booker, Baynes, Ayton and Rubio are all off to a career-defining start of the season.

Ayton got busted with hot piss. He only played 1 game this season.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#137 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:27 am

stan francisco wrote:Waiting to see how soon Kuzma starts lighting it up. We could use that third 25 points plus scorer tonight.

Almost. :D
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#138 » by kobe808lak » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:50 pm

infintybeyond wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:man lebron switches from being lebron to being draymond this season. Just hope come wcf time he’s lebron every game. Guy looks gassed after what 9 games? We need to play green more at the Sf to make sure Lebron isn’t playing more than 32mpg on average

Lebron has put a ton of energy and effort on Defense while still doing Lebron things on offense. He deserves praise, but it is definitely wearing him out. Hopefully with the return of Rondo and Kuz, they can lessen Lebron's offensive load. Unfortunately, Kuz provides no defensive relief for Lebron. Green could work, but he has no replacement either. KCP sucks, and Troy Daniels is allergic to defense. I never wanted to admit it, but this team needs Iguodala.

There is no way in which we win the Chip without Iguodala.. Not going to beat the Clips without him and still may not but he gives us a real chance.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#139 » by kobe808lak » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:53 pm

JVL wrote:Feels like Lebron needs a a game off. Just start the load management, we don't need him to play 35 per game every night.

Ayton??
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#140 » by Beethoven » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Great game by everyone. Especially Kuz, Avery and, w McGee in the 3rd. Why cant we just keep utilizing mcgee like that?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers