ImageImageImageImageImage

Lebron and AD’s statistical dominance

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Lebron and AD’s statistical dominance 

Post#1 » by Pythagoras » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:43 pm

The Lakers are now a quarter of the way through the season, and I just wanted to stop and take a moment to appreciate how dominant statistically AD and Lebron have been as a duo.

Lebron and AD are both on pace to post 25ppg/25PER seasons.
Having such a season individually means you’ve had an elite year, but it’s absolutely rarified air to see teammates eclipse this mark in the same season. Here are the only other duos to achieve this mark in the last 30 years:

Steph/KD in 17-18
DWade/Lebron in 10-11
Kobe/Shaq in 02-03...

That’s some mighty elite company to be in, but there’s more still...

Lebron and AD BOTH currently rank in the top 6 in WS, PER, BPM, and VORP. Of those three duos I just named, only Lebron/Wade in 10–11 can say they achieved the same thing.

And oh yeah, remember when some people were claiming that Kawhi/PG would be a better duo before the season? Yeah, I was one of those fools.

Here’s how they currently stack up in PER:
AD 27.9
Lebron 27.4
Kawhi 24.8
PG 23.0

Or how about BPM:
Lebron 9.3
AD 6.5
Kawhi 6.1
PG 4.7

And since Kawhi can’t play more than three consecutive games without load managing for fear of getting a hang nail, we’ll throw out VORP and WS and look at WS/48:
AD .257
Lebron .242
PG .188
Kawhi .176

As good as PG/Kawhi have been, Lebron/AD have been on another level.

Soak it in fellow Lakers fans. We’re witnessing dominance from a tandem that is rarely seen in the NBA.
Numbers rule the universe.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,833

Re: Lebron and AD’s statistical dominance 

Post#2 » by Beethoven » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:59 pm

That means we should win championship
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#3 » by LBC SoCal » Thu Dec 5, 2019 7:36 am

This shows great potential, especially come playoffs. I’m loving that they fit well together.

Side note but let’s hope these two don’t get burnt out come playoff time...I would like to see their minutes per game lowered even if that means sacrificing stats.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#4 » by Landsberger » Fri Dec 6, 2019 2:19 am

Dominance in meaningless statistics isn't dominance.

Reminds me of a relative always bagging on me back in the day who was a Celtic's fan when the Lakers beat them.... " Bird is statistically better than Magic"

This stuff is for the losers to discuss. In no way is it relevant to predicting an outcome.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#5 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 5:02 am

Landsberger wrote:Dominance in meaningless statistics isn't dominance.

Reminds me of a relative always bagging on me back in the day who was a Celtic's fan when the Lakers beat them.... " Bird is statistically better than Magic"

This stuff is for the losers to discuss. In no way is it relevant to predicting an outcome.

Someone's got a case of the Mondays...Jesus =0)
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#6 » by nzahir » Fri Dec 6, 2019 5:04 am

Unfortunately they have Lou and Trez off the bench and we have Kuzma lol

LAC will be the toughest team to beat. If we beat them (if we even have to face them, hope not), we should be champs

Kawhi, PG, Lou, Trez, Shamet, Green, Zubac, Beverly, Harkless, and even patterson can legit play and be counted on come playoff time. Thats 10 guys

We are at 6 that I can trust rn:
Lebron, AD, Green, Beverly, Dwight, and Caruso.

Cant trust Kuzma, Rondo, KCP, or Mcgee rn

If we move Kuzma and get a buyout or 2nd trade to push us to 8 guys plus 1-2 of these guys step up, then we should win it all
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#7 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 5:51 am

I just like seeing the W's. The team looks good defensively, looks good offensively, is getting wins, and guys look like they know what they are doing for the most part.

Few small issues, but It's damn good to be a Laker fan again. Alot of reasons to be happy, and hopeful for the post-season.

But all that post-season stuff is months away. I'm gonna enjoy this 82 game road for the first time in almost a decade. We'll see how we're playing, and who's healthy in Apr. For now....there's a real enjoyable product on the floor. It's nice.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#8 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:08 am

You lost me at Lebron

#1kobefan
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#9 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:10 am

nzahir wrote:
LAC will be the toughest team to beat. If we beat them (if we even have to face them, hope not), we should be champs

You only saying that cause we lost the first game, I bet if we had one you wouldn't be saying it LOL
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#10 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:11 am

I actually think Houston/Mavericks will be the toughest teams best of 7
Bring back Defense
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#11 » by nzahir » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:18 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

You only saying that cause we lost the first game, I bet if we had one you wouldn't be saying it LOL

Might have to also do with the fact they have 3 guys averaging over 20 and one guy almost scoring 20. Plus good depth.

In 4th Q, 2nd in offense and 3rd in defense
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#12 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 6, 2019 2:34 pm

Interesting stuff, OP. Eye test confirms the two of them are looking dominantly unstoppable by historical proportions. :D. And the season has just only begun.

The Clippers will be a formidable foe. A real warrior legacy challenge for LeBron. He’s going to have to work very hard for every inch against both PG and KL who are both worthy opponents. He’s also gonna have to chase them both on defense like a hellhound.

I think we will make a move before TD, getting us Iggy or FVV. Kuzma stays, of course, as there are no better $1.9M players than him out there. Especially none better making only $3.54M next season.

The Clippers are at least ten deep, to the point of a post above; and it’s high quality depth on both ends.

If the playoffs were today and we needed to cut it down to a rotation of ten, these are the players that I’d trust in the big moment, both ends:

AD, LBJ, DH, Green, Caruso, Rondo, Kuzma, Bradley, McGee, KCP. In that order.

With the AD/LBJ combo being quite hard to defend, I specifically don’t see how the Clippers will stop AD over seven games. Not gonna be so easy for them to win if AD drops a 40/15/8/3/2 per night.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers