ImageImageImageImageImage

What a difference 6 mos can make

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

What a difference 6 mos can make 

Post#1 » by XXBKXX » Mon Dec 9, 2019 5:56 am

Roughly 6 months ago there were protests in front of Staples Center. NOW its all high fives and Dwight Howard 3s!

Cheers to Pelinka soldiering through all that madness and delivering us this team... tho I dont think we STILL have heard from Jeanie since that whole Magic debacle.. which is a shame.. She fired her brother for NOT communicating and being transparent with Laker fans.. and she goes and does the same thing...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: What a difference 6 mos can make 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 6:04 am

XXBKXX wrote:Roughly 6 months ago there were protests in front of Staples Center. NOW its all high fives and Dwight Howard 3s!

Cheers to Pelinka soldiering through all that madness and delivering us this team... tho I dont think we STILL have heard from Jeanie since that whole Magic debacle.. which is a shame.. She fired her brother for NOT communicating and being transparent with Laker fans.. and she goes and does the same thing...

Oh I don't know...Magic is a talker, and he did quite a bit of yappin on the way out. Called Pelinka a backstabber and everything. What's Jeanie to do? Back Magic, and throw Pelinka down the drain? Go out and call Magic a liar? Hows that gonna look? She (and the whole front office) did the right thing: rolled up their sleeves, and built a solid squad.

Nobody cares anymore about all the turmoil. Winning cures everything. A battle with Magic was gonna be nothing but a loser for her and the franchise. I'm sure someone will come out in 4-5 years and we'll get the full story.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Mon Dec 9, 2019 6:14 am

Huh? Wut? Who goes blaming Jeanie for anything right now ? We're winning and I'm sure she is real happy and just staying quiet ; she has every part as well in doing creating this championship team so just shut up and enjoy the season.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LeCalinou
Junior
And1: 121

Post#4 » by LeCalinou » Mon Dec 9, 2019 8:44 pm

XXBKXX wrote:Roughly 6 months ago there were protests in front of Staples Center. NOW its all high fives and Dwight Howard 3s!

Not all plans and strategies follow the same timeline.
For one, I don't think last year's roster was as bad as the standings indicated, but injuries, player overlap, etc. played a role.
Neither does this year's work deserve THAT much praise.
Some players (Rondo, McGee, KCP) came back and are contributing. Other continued their development (Caruso), or are still looking for a clear role (Kuzma).

I think it's better to keep a level head, and just appreciate the work being done. The roster is performing well, winning games against lesser competitions, trying to compete in all games.

Just enjoy the game...
XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

Post#5 » by XXBKXX » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 am

You guys are so easy to forget since we are winning But Jeanie made a HUGE mistake by not addressing Laker fans during that tumtuous time. Magic, whom she called a brother and she personally adorned to be the Lakers savior just upped and quit on her without any heads up.

Jeanie went turtle during the protests and hid instead of addressing the fans.. she dodged the media... turned to LINDA RAMBIS -whos essentially a Housewive of Los Anageles- to help her make basketball decisions.

She empowered Pelinka but never explained the plan, his new role or their vision to us. In fact, Rob had to describe his new role himself to the media (during draft) which was cringy. Then they targeted Ty Lue for the coach and thankfully botched that. In this instance, Lakers failed upward and Jeanie got lucky...

BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#6 » by Landsberger » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:34 am

We're winning and the old saying is winning is a great deodorant is never truer than in this case. We traded everything we had and a bunch of the future for Davis. It's worked out. One season ending injury to either Davis or LeBron and guess what?..... we'll be right back there so fast it will make your head swim. Certain posters who can't wait to pounce will be starting threads hourly....
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#7 » by SweetTouch » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:40 pm

LBJ got rid of the scrubs and brought his own team

The ultimate GM
Stop being so disrespectful.
lalalaker
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#8 » by lalalaker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:52 am

But what was magic suppose to do if he recommended picking fox over lonzo but jeanie insisted on taking the home town guy in lonzo which by the way was an easy nightmare to predict bc of his loud mouth dad who by the way is no where near the media since lonzo left. magic was proven to be right about dearon fox yet Jeanie still didnt listen to magic
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#9 » by Landsberger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:20 am

lalalaker wrote:But what was magic suppose to do if he recommended picking fox over lonzo but jeanie insisted on taking the home town guy in lonzo which by the way was an easy nightmare to predict bc of his loud mouth dad who by the way is no where near the media since lonzo left. magic was proven to be right about dearon fox yet Jeanie still didnt listen to magic

Hmm... revisionist history? Wasn't Magic the one who said he'd be better than Magic?.... before he played a minute of Laker Ball? He hyped Ball like a Bobby the Brain for that entire summer.

In the end we'd have traded Fox for Davis so does it really matter?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#10 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:51 am

XXBKXX wrote:You guys are so easy to forget since we are winning But Jeanie made a HUGE mistake by not addressing Laker fans during that tumtuous time. Magic, whom she called a brother and she personally adorned to be the Lakers savior just upped and quit on her without any heads up.

Jeanie went turtle during the protests and hid instead of addressing the fans.. she dodged the media... turned to LINDA RAMBIS -whos essentially a Housewive of Los Anageles- to help her make basketball decisions.

She empowered Pelinka but never explained the plan, his new role or their vision to us. In fact, Rob had to describe his new role himself to the media (during draft) which was cringy. Then they targeted Ty Lue for the coach and thankfully botched that. In this instance, Lakers failed upward and Jeanie got lucky...

I didn't forget. But what good does Jeanie coming out with her side do for anyone now?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers