ImageImageImageImageImage

The Kuzma Thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: The Kuzma Thread 

Post#41 » by NippySudz » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:06 am

Kilroy wrote:Kuz was solid tonight... Glad to see it. I hope he carries on from here.

Same. I would love for him to prove me wrong. But that's the energy the lakers needed. I think it helped too that he came off the bench alone. I don't think rondo was in yet, so rondo couldn't freeze him out.

Kuz was actually surprised when rondo passed to him because Rondo never does.

I like the battle of LA. It was fun to watch.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#42 » by TylersLakers » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:22 am

I'm glad Kuz is starting to look healthy. We need him.

It really sucks he's the only good trade piece on the team.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#43 » by Landsberger » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:41 am

TylersLakers wrote:I'm glad Kuz is starting to look healthy. We need him.

He's a desirable piece however he's not really a good trade piece for us. At 1.9M he'd never bring back anyone near his value. You'd have to connect him to another player or 2 to get an impactful player.

The only help we're getting will be if someone is bought out I'd think unless we decide to trade Danny Green.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#44 » by Landsberger » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Kuz has looked good over the last couple games. Take away the 3 heaves from 3 and he's shooting very well from behind the arc. He's also looked a lot quicker and faster. What ever he's had going on in that ankle must be getting better.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#45 » by One Love » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 pm

We need Kuzz given Green & Bradley’s recent 3 point shooting... Kuzzz should fit in like a glove... We should be rolling...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#46 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:49 am

Kilroy wrote:Kuz was solid tonight... Glad to see it. I hope he carries on from here.

Yeah, he’s starting to look like last season, and his tweaked shot is still looking good. I can’t wait to see his confidence back up to team USA form. We need that third threat. It’ll open up so much for AD and LBJ.

Like he did in the first half of the Christmas game, Kuz needs to go after the ball more, do more to get more involved. And Vogel needs to re-introduce LeBron to Kuzma, remind him that he exists, and then draw up and call a play for him, like once. :)
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#47 » by myersia » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:34 pm

Is it time to start kuzma and move Davis to C?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by NippySudz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:15 pm

myersia wrote:Is it time to start kuzma and move Davis to C?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#49 » by myersia » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:32 pm

NippySudz wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Great finds. Interesting.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by NippySudz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:51 pm

myersia wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Great finds. Interesting.

No problem, he's mostly a clip writer, but he has great insight. They are successful at keeping AD away from the rim. AD is shooting something like 60% near the paint, but on jumpers, he he's shooting 31%. They got him scouted really well. Curious to see how the lakers change this.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#51 » by stan francisco » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:03 am

The AD at the five only works well if LeBron is not completely passive offensively. He only has been against the Clips.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#52 » by JVL » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:06 pm

This social media beef Kuzma his entourage is starting with Lebron out of thin air is simple: either Kuzma sacks his trainer or he has to go. We don't need any of that **** right now, especially considering Kuzma has been less than stellar to say the least.

Kid is putting up 11ppg on 54 TS%, a dead ass negative in every advanced box metric and thinks he can come at Lebron?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by NippySudz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:46 pm

JVL wrote:This social media beef Kuzma his entourage is starting with Lebron out of thin air is simple: either Kuzma sacks his trainer or he has to go. We don't need any of that **** right now, especially considering Kuzma has been less than stellar to say the least.

Kid is putting up 11ppg on 54 TS%, a dead ass negative in every advanced box metric and thinks he can come at Lebron?

He didnt go at LeBron. He went at Amazon not paying federal taxes. It's one of those examples where the internet comes to their own made up conclusion before analyzing the facts.

It's been cleared up. It's a non story. I hope people move on.

Anyone using critical thinking would know kuzma would never trash LeBron. That's his idol.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#54 » by No name » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:10 pm

While I agree^^^ I will say that when cash and esteem is being blocked it's easy to be critical of everyone but yourself. Especially when one feels they are on the up.

Let's face it, Kuzma is certainly a larger celebrity than his on court play deserves. I do have my concerns with where his head could wind up.....if it's not there already.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by NippySudz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by NippySudz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:19 pm

No name wrote:While I agree^^^ I will say that when cash and esteem is being blocked it's easy to be critical of everyone but yourself. Especially when one feels they are on the up.

Let's face it, Kuzma is certainly a larger celebrity than his on court play deserves. I do have my concerns with where his head could wind up.....if it's not there already.

Oh I think for sure think he's better than he think is. Because of his popularity. He says stuff that LeBron or ad wouldn't say

But when it comes to the trainer /LeBron thing, it's complete drivel. I don't think kuz would be the type of guy to publicly **** on a teammate. Especially when saying it's hard to next man up LeBron.

I'm not a kuz fan by any means but people were just making up bull and jumping to conclusions. Kuz and LeBron are fine.

No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#57 » by No name » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:45 pm

NippySudz wrote:
No name wrote:While I agree^^^ I will say that when cash and esteem is being blocked it's easy to be critical of everyone but yourself. Especially when one feels they are on the up.

Oh I think for sure think he's better than he think is. Because of his popularity. He says stuff that LeBron or ad wouldn't say

But when it comes to the trainer /LeBron thing, it's complete drivel. I don't think kuz would be the type of guy to publicly **** on a teammate. Especially when saying it's hard to next man up LeBron.

I'm not a kuz fan by any means but people were just making up bull and jumping to conclusions. Kuz and LeBron are fine.

Again, this is drivel. But I'd wager that he's EXACTLY the kind of guy who would **** on a teammate. Tongue and cheek, wrapped in social media, or simply by accident. The guy is an attention seeker. He believes he's great. When he stops getting it on the court his social media attention may get the better of him.

He's immature and we have already seen him say and do stupid things. There are moderate red flags.
bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#58 » by bb22 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Landsberger wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:I'm glad Kuz is starting to look healthy. We need him.

He's a desirable piece however he's not really a good trade piece for us. At 1.9M he'd never bring back anyone near his value. You'd have to connect him to another player or 2 to get an impactful player.

The only help we're getting will be if someone is bought out I'd think unless we decide to trade Danny Green.

Random question. Would you rather have Danny Green or Joe Harris? Or maybe giving up Kuz and something for Joe... Don’t even know if it’s possible tbh.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#59 » by chefy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:39 pm

Kuzz needs to stfu geez we don’t need this crap right now
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by NippySudz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:46 pm

chefy wrote:Kuzz needs to stfu geez we don’t need this crap right now

Did you miss the post where Kuz wasn't even talking about Lebron?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers