ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is Enough vogel has got to go.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Re: Enough is Enough vogel has got to go. 

Post#41 » by bb22 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:56 am

NippySudz wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Rosque wrote:We have 81.1 win% and y'all wanna get rid of the HC? Man's on road to lead this team to 66-16 season and y'all wanna get him fired?

We still haven't won a game against the elite teams in the league... 2 losses against a hobbled Clips team. Loss to the Bucks.

Winning the reg season was never the goal for this team, this season... So that stat doesn't matter a whole lot.

Vogel got pretty clearly out-coached against the Clips bot times, and the Lakers came out complacent against the Bucks, which is also basically his fault...

This thread may have been a bit of an over reaction, but at the same time, I still question our rotations at times, and some of the on court 'adjustments' just baffle me.

But he's not likely to get fired unless we can't win any games against the Clips or the Bucks...

Won against Denver but that's before they got their **** together but it's clear the Lakers are winning on the talent of ad and LeBron James. It seems like Vogel has no offensive sets that he normally runs? Im not an x and o guy maybe someone can tell me

I thought the PNR would be something the Lakers would use this year. With LeBron and AD. I question why is it not being run often and if Frank Vogel is just trying to hide it for the playoffs

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

What’s the point of hiding it?
Not like anyone will be shocked by a Lebron/AD pnr.
And what will other teams do about it?
If anything, Vogel should be running it to the ground in order to build familiarity and experiment with line-up adjustments and positioning.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#42 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:58 am

bb22 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
We still haven't won a game against the elite teams in the league... 2 losses against a hobbled Clips team. Loss to the Bucks.

Winning the reg season was never the goal for this team, this season... So that stat doesn't matter a whole lot.

Vogel got pretty clearly out-coached against the Clips bot times, and the Lakers came out complacent against the Bucks, which is also basically his fault...

This thread may have been a bit of an over reaction, but at the same time, I still question our rotations at times, and some of the on court 'adjustments' just baffle me.

But he's not likely to get fired unless we can't win any games against the Clips or the Bucks...

Won against Denver but that's before they got their **** together but it's clear the Lakers are winning on the talent of ad and LeBron James. It seems like Vogel has no offensive sets that he normally runs? Im not an x and o guy maybe someone can tell me

I thought the PNR would be something the Lakers would use this year. With LeBron and AD. I question why is it not being run often and if Frank Vogel is just trying to hide it for the playoffs

What’s the point of hiding it?
Not like anyone will be shocked by a Lebron/AD pnr.
And what will other teams do about it?
If anything, Vogel should be running it to the ground in order to build familiarity and experiment with line-up adjustments and positioning.
Yeah I don't see the logic in my post either. Just playing devil's advocate. Really can't see why he's not trying to fine tune it.

The Lakers right now are mostly relying on talent of LeBron and AD on the offensive side of the basketball

Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#43 » by Spanish_Laker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:12 pm

NippySudz wrote:The Lakers right now are mostly relying on talent of LeBron and AD on the offensive side of the basketball

This.

Defensively the team is very well coached, but offensively there is a lot the coaching staff could do to improve the team. We will see if Vogel is the right coach in the playoffs.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:
NippySudz wrote:The Lakers right now are mostly relying on talent of LeBron and AD on the offensive side of the basketball

This.

Defensively the team is very well coached, but offensively there is a lot the coaching staff could do to improve the team. We will see if Vogel is the right coach in the playoffs.
Seems like LeBron calls the actions that he wants which is not bad, it's very good but then he sits down and rondo calls the actions that he wants which can be very bad

No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#45 » by No name » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:27 pm

If we are winning, we should not have this discussion. We cannot argue with a W. LeBron (notice I put him first) and Vogel knows what our roster is and what works for the on court composition. I'm sure they have humored the HPR.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#46 » by Beethoven » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Before you guys post , see when this thread was created. It was in response to the 4 game losing streak. That is all.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:32 pm

Beethoven wrote:Before you guys post , see when this thread was created. It was in response to the 4 game losing streak. That is all.
Some people still hold to the fact that Vogel isnt really tested and mostly relying on the fact thst the Lakers roster depends solely on the talent of LeBron and ad.

Maybe it's just roster, or maybe it's coaching but they need to figure out how to buy LeBron and ad some rest, particularly in the playoffs.

I don't think people are asking for his head now. But I belief the concern is there for some laker fans

Kinda funny because on every team board there are threads like this. On the clips board, people hate doc even though he's outcoached Vogel and people here hate Vogel because he was outcoached by doc.

Raptor fans were killing Nick nurse before the championship and even after the ring

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by NippySudz » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:54 am

Time to give Vogel some credit huh Laker fans? Lol showed he can do it tonight without LeBron and ad so that's something

Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#49 » by Rosque » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:50 pm

AD/LBJ pnr is not in action because it's so **** deadly. Same with KD/Curry pnr. It was not used in reg season but ran to death in playoffs. You don't really need to fine tune two of the best players ever in pnr, do you?
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#50 » by stan francisco » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Defense needs to be tight or no rings and so defensive execution is priority number one for a coach like Vogel. Building good team-defense habits takes the whole season.

There’s still plenty of time to get the offense together and he and the team knows it. We’ll be fine, and their PnR will show soon.

Pick and roll with those two don’t need any coaching. I think they’re holding off due to injury risk (twisted knees/ankles) and maybe for tactical reasons. Meanwhile, we’re playing winning spaced out slow ball during the regular season and establishing that as our baseline while galvanizing the defense. No complaints here.

If we’re not using the PnR I’d like to think that’s a deliberate decision, not because they didn’t think of it. Who knows?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#51 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Can't he coach the post-season before we give him the boot??? Holy hell, we live in a microwave society these days.

Truth is, the league is built around stars these days. Lebron and AD command way too much salary to be anything but completely relied on. It its what it is, and the next coach ain't gonna change that....so don't waste your time on that end. Defensively, he's done well with this team. So I don't get the beef at all.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by stan francisco » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:15 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Can't he coach the post-season before we give him the boot??? Holy hell, we live in a microwave society these days.

Truth is, the league is built around stars these days. Lebron and AD command way too much salary to be anything but completely relied on. It its what it is, and the next coach ain't gonna change that....so don't waste your time on that end. Defensively, he's done well with this team. So I don't get the beef at all.

Perhaps it’s time to change the title, OP? :D

This thread was started after a ‘horrible’ losing streak long ago.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#53 » by Beethoven » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:51 pm

^right, too many knee jerk responses here without knowing the context of this thread.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:28 am

Beethoven wrote:^right, too many knee jerk responses here without knowing the context of this thread.

I'd say the thread was "knee jerk". I know it was made after our 4-game losing streak. But here we are winning game after game with good defense, and not relying purely on our 2 stars (one's been out a couple games) and having one of the best records in the NBA, and on track to prob have our best season in history.

"Piling it on" .....would be what I'm doing.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#55 » by Landsberger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:50 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Beethoven wrote:^right, too many knee jerk responses here without knowing the context of this thread.

I'd say the thread was "knee jerk". I know it was made after our 4-game losing streak. But here we are winning game after game with good defense, and not relying purely on our 2 stars (one's been out a couple games) and having one of the best records in the NBA, and on track to prob have our best season in history.

"Piling it on" .....would be what I'm doing.

Are you nuts?! WE LOST OVER HALF OF OUR OVERALL LOSSES IN A ROW!!! You know what that means?!...

me either.... 8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Beethoven » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:05 am

Ok let's erect a statue of Vogel in front of staples then
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#57 » by BEazy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 am

I mean would you rather have Tyronn Lue instead of Vogel? I'm happy with Vogel.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:18 am

Beethoven wrote:Ok let's erect a statue of Vogel in front of staples then

How about we sit back and ENJOY the season, and see how things go?
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#59 » by Beethoven » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 am

:rock: :meditate:
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by stan francisco » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:25 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Ok let's erect a statue of Vogel in front of staples then

How about we sit back and ENJOY the season, and see how things go?

Thanks for adding nuanceDF. :D Vogel statue or Vogel has to go, needed gradients.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers