ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is Enough vogel has got to go.

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, TyCobb

tamaraw08
Bench Warmer
And1: 381

Re: Enough is Enough vogel has got to go. 

Post#201 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:13 pm

I hope and pray that they beat the Pacers tonight because if they lose, It's a possibility that they will just leave Frank there in Indiana. :-?
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#202 » by euphorbus » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:14 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:I hope and pray that they beat the Pacers tonight because if they lose, It's a possibility that they will just leave Frank there in Indiana. :-?

The Pacers already have a coach, Rick Carlisle, & will have just beaten the Lakers, so not much chance of catching on with his old team.

I am expecting a solid W tonight.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 66

Post#203 » by mighty_duck » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:32 pm

How much longer will Vogel last?
22 games in, despite having the 3rd easiest schedule, we're only 11-11. Only one quality win all season (Miami).
The wins we got were tough, even though the opposition was sometimes glorified G-League teams.
Lots of losses to crap teams.

This isn't all on Frank, but teams with championship aspirations don't look like this. And it's usually the coach who pays the price, since we have little other ways to make a change.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 4,840

Post#204 » by Danny Darko » Yesterday 12:33 am

A roster that can't play defense and is all shooters and ballhogs that can't shoot or dribble... not Frank's fault. I'd hang in there with him... or we could just call Mr Pringles and live the 7 seconds or less nightmare again. Maybe Dwight would strangle him this time...
siFy
Junior
And1: 162

Post#205 » by siFy » Yesterday 4:03 am

Just Imagine try to coach with a guy like Westbrook or Carmelo or Jordan or Monk. I'm sure he would be so happy if they fired him.

Pelinka has to go. He is the first reason because this team is trash.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 10,599

Post#206 » by Kilroy » Yesterday 5:37 am

When you talk about replacing a coach, I think it should be mandatory that you have a better legit option in mind... I think if we dumped Vogel right now, it would mean Fizdale as HC... Which I personally have no interest in...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,165

Post#207 » by stan francisco » Yesterday 9:10 pm

Given the GoldenGirls roster Frank was dealt, I’d say he’s done great.

To start the season without a big train wreck W-L column is due to playing veterans who won’t be terrible nor great. It’s kept us afloat.

Now when rest of team (the younger talent) are starting to get what’s up, we can start resting Bradley, Rondo, DAJ etc and play Monk, Ellington, THT more. They should be more productive in the regular season than the vets.

It’s working. We’re improving defensively. We just need to make the playoffs. IMO, Westbrook and THT both need lots of PT to get it all dialed in before the post season.

If there’s any blame to go around it’s not on Frank. There’s only two coaches and n the current NBA I’d rather have and they’re under contract with Suns and Raptors.

Looking to blame someone? Losing Caruso and trading three rock solid players for incompatible Russ are two mind bogglingly stupid moves that deserve finger pointing long before anyone starts thinking about what Frank is doing to roll with it.

I put that squarely on Rich Paul and LBJ. I’d guess Pelinka reluctantly executed those trades.

#ItsNotFranksFault
2021-2022
PG: RW | Bradley | Rondo
SG: Nunn | Monk | Ellington
SF: THT | Reaves | Bazemore
PF: LBJ | Melo | Ariza
C: AD | DH | Huff | DAJ

On the trading block: RW, Baze, DAJ

Return to Los Angeles Lakers