ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is Enough vogel has got to go.

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Re: Enough is Enough vogel has got to go. 

Post#241 » by slifersd » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:12 pm

When you compete at the highest level of the game, you have to be talented AND works hard. I know we are not perfect from a talent perspective, but our biggest issue is the laziness and the attitude we display every game. Even if we acquire another star, say Jerami Grant, we are still going to give up a ton of offensive rebounds because we don't box out; if we get Buddy Hield, that won't all of a sudden make the lazy passes we like to throw become more accurate. This team isn't about X and Os right now, it is simply about playing with energy, fire and the right attitude. Until that's addressed, Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan prime wouldn't be able to help us win a chip.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#242 » by zimpy27 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:49 am

Keep Vogel.. watching Fizz coach has been awful
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#243 » by stan francisco » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Enough is enough. Pizzdale seems frantic and he’s losing us games. Terrible coach. Don’t see why we need a fool like that on the staff.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#244 » by SweetTouch » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:07 pm

I’m not going to lie Vogel would of brought WESTbrook back in

I just wish the Lakers played like they knew each other but Then again they really don’t with all the new players
Stop being so disrespectful.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#245 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:49 pm

slifersd wrote:When you compete at the highest level of the game, you have to be talented AND works hard. I know we are not perfect from a talent perspective, but our biggest issue is the laziness and the attitude we display every game. Even if we acquire another star, say Jerami Grant, we are still going to give up a ton of offensive rebounds because we don't box out; if we get Buddy Hield, that won't all of a sudden make the lazy passes we like to throw become more accurate. This team isn't about X and Os right now, it is simply about playing with energy, fire and the right attitude. Until that's addressed, Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan prime wouldn't be able to help us win a chip.

Good post, I was thinking of the same thing. It's a collective lack of effort/energy and Focus IMO.
It's amazing this board is riddled with comments of Player X is trash,
Oh Bradley sucks, he doesn't play and the team still sucks. AD is soft and takes low % shots.
Vogel is dumb, he doesn't coach for a few games and the team still loses. THT is overrated and yet this team still loses when he doesn't play.
It really doesn't matter who gets benched and who gets to play, it's like this team was infected by the lazy bug, and I am confused on why Lebron hasn't called a players only meeting and confront his teammates for lack of effort. He lost his great partner Kyrie and his team continued to win in Cleveland. Clippers lost by 3 pts without Kawhi and PG, if that was the Lakers even with James and RW, they lose by 15.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#246 » by sonnyhill » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:04 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:...I am confused on why Lebron hasn't called a players only meeting and confront his teammates for lack of effort.

Your above statement makes me question LeBron's desire-and-drive to win another championship vs "just being in Los Angeles" because it is convenient for his "off the court" and "other than basketball" ventures (movies, agency, pizza restaurants, etc..
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#247 » by stan francisco » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:54 pm

I think Frank will right the ship when he gets back. He’ll be sick of hearing the same questions from the media as we’re airing here; at what point will your holding all players responsible defensively including Westbrook and Rondo?, when will you shorten your rotations?, at what point do you have a crisis meeting with the coaching staff and say LBJ, RW, RR, Melo, DH, DAJ and we’re below .500?, when do you get the team fused by ripping them a new one collectively at practice?, when do you consult PJ to come in and burn sage?

I hope Frank comes back big brass ball style, benches Russ if no defense and all turnovers.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#248 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:16 am

sonnyhill wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:...I am confused on why Lebron hasn't called a players only meeting and confront his teammates for lack of effort.

Your above statement makes me question LeBron's desire-and-drive to win another championship vs "just being in Los Angeles" because it is convenient for his "off the court" and "other than basketball" ventures (movies, agency, pizza restaurants, etc..

Truth. However, the fact is, he has accomplished that Championship task. We have our 17th in the Bag. Its just that round here, we are greedy and what I Love, is that we want more. And More is required. But yes, Mission accomplished might have led to complacency and no drive for more. I would put more of that on AD, than Bron. AD acting like his career is done and complete now with the Chip in hand.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect

Post#249 » by sonnyhill » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:30 am

LAKESHOW wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:

Truth. However, the fact is, he has accomplished that Championship task. We have our 17th in the Bag. Its just that round here, we are greedy and what I Love, is that we want more. And More is required. But yes, Mission accomplished might have led to complacency and no drive for more. I would put more of that on AD, than Bron. AD acting like his career is done and complete now with the Chip in hand.

Without the desire and drive, there is no way that the Lakers can salvage this season.

Do Jeanie and Rob have the backbone and courage to deconstruct-and-rebuild this team's roster? Trading away both LeBron and AD should ensure a future pipeline of draft picks and younger talent.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#250 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:20 am

stan francisco wrote:I think Frank will right the ship when he gets back. He’ll be sick of hearing the same questions from the media as we’re airing here; at what point will your holding all players responsible defensively including Westbrook and Rondo?, when will you shorten your rotations?, at what point do you have a crisis meeting with the coaching staff and say LBJ, RW, RR, Melo, DH, DAJ and we’re below .500?, when do you get the team fused by ripping them a new one collectively at practice?, when do you consult PJ to come in and burn sage?

I hope Frank comes back big brass ball style, benches Russ if no defense and all turnovers.

Frank will not be enough, my hope is that Reaves and Ariza come back sharp, Ellington regains his touch and Howard play smart. Losing smart defenders were huge.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#251 » by euphorbus » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:23 pm

Frank Vogel said that Coach Fizdale had done "a phenomenal job" over six games. I have to agree. The offense started to really move under his direction. Another commentator mentioned that he had given Monk more freedom. This, in turn, allows him to get in a rhythm and to be more creative. You can credit Fizdale for putting Malik in the starting rotation alongside LeBron and Russell, to provide the necessary spacing. Coach Vogel should have figured this out much earlier. He did try Ellington in December, but it did not yield great results.

The losing streak was tough to swallow, but now LA has a good template in place on both sides of the court going forward.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,250

Post#252 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:58 pm

Didn’t they lose like 3 or 4 games under Fizdale?
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#253 » by euphorbus » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:02 am

wco81 wrote:Didn’t they lose like 3 or 4 games under Fizdale?

They went 1-5. Half the team was out with Covid-19.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#254 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:42 am

Can we get Dwight more minutes I mean come on
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect

Post#255 » by sonnyhill » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:30 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Can we get Dwight more minutes I mean come on

With the way that the game has evolved to where centers have to guard perimeter players away from the basket, Dwight is a huge defensive liability.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#256 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:35 am

sonnyhill wrote:

With the way that the game has evolved to where centers have to guard perimeter players away from the basket, Dwight is a huge defensive liability.

Were getting killed on rebounds that lead to 2nd-3rd attempts
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect

Post#257 » by sonnyhill » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:57 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:

Good observation.

The Lakers not rebounding is a function of not boxing out and playing without a sense of urgency. The Laker guards should always compete with opposing teams' guards for rebounds; AD and LeBron should win the majority of the rebounds vs other forwards; and the Laker centers (regardless of who is playing) should be boxing out and fighting for rebounds.

Dwight was relevant before the advent of position-less, small-ball; Dwight is basically useless in the modern NBA game (except for, perhaps, when playing against Gobert and the Jazz).
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#258 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:59 am

sonnyhill wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:

Good observation.

The Lakers not rebounding is a function of not boxing out and playing without a sense of urgency. The Laker guards should always compete with opposing teams' guards for rebounds; AD and LeBron should win the majority of the rebounds vs other forwards; and the Laker centers (regardless of who is playing) should be boxing out and fighting for rebounds.

Dwight was relevant before the advent of position-less, small-ball; Dwight is basically useless in the modern NBA game (except for, perhaps, when playing against Gobert and the Jazz).

Dwight had good game the other day went we need C due covid . He’s still lob threat which helps us . He needs more minutes . Cant expect Lebron or Stanley to play the 5 all the time
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,642

Post#259 » by Heej » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:17 am

sonnyhill wrote:

Y'all really think the guy who's kept himself in this kind of shape at 37 years old is just content with not competing? The IQ of Lakers fans is eerily reflective of the 2-bit mom and pop shop masquerading as a glamour franchise that is the Lakers organization. Players only meetings are overrated as hell and reflective of a locker room with poor communication skills that can't hash stuff out in the film room in front of the coaching staff and executives. Only children actually think they mean something.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#260 » by Slava » Tue Jan 4, 2022 9:10 am

Heej wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:

Y'all really think the guy who's kept himself in this kind of shape at 37 years old is just content with not competing? The IQ of Lakers fans is eerily reflective of the 2-bit mom and pop shop masquerading as a glamour franchise that is the Lakers organization. Players only meetings are overrated as hell and reflective of a locker room with poor communication skills that can't hash stuff out in the film room in front of the coaching staff and executives. Only children actually think they mean something.

Yeah its clearly not as efficient as yelling #HEATCULTURE every 2 minutes at the top of your lungs like a tourettes afflicted kid.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers