ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is Enough vogel has got to go.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Re: Enough is Enough vogel has got to go. 

Post#261 » by Beethoven » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:11 pm

I don't get how a coaching staff being paid millions of dollars working 50+ hours per week only on coaching, can't get rotations and minutes right for their dozen players. Something that the common fan can deduce in just 5 mins on their armchair.
It isn't rocket science.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#262 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:54 pm

If you go on just about any team's board, that's the complaint you see over and over again, the rotations are wrong, the team lost because the coach played the wrong players.

Are you sure you know better than coaching staff being paid millions of dollars?

Are you sure you have the same data and information they have about certain players or certain lineup of players?
Free Rider
Veteran
And1: 1,567

Post#263 » by Free Rider » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:47 am

Heej wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:...I am confused on why Lebron hasn't called a players only meeting and confront his teammates for lack of effort.

Your above statement makes me question LeBron's desire-and-drive to win another championship vs "just being in Los Angeles" because it is convenient for his "off the court" and "other than basketball" ventures (movies, agency, pizza restaurants, etc..

Y'all really think the guy who's kept himself in this kind of shape at 37 years old is just content with not competing? The IQ of Lakers fans is eerily reflective of the 2-bit mom and pop shop masquerading as a glamour franchise that is the Lakers organization. Players only meetings are overrated as hell and reflective of a locker room with poor communication skills that can't hash stuff out in the film room in front of the coaching staff and executives. Only children actually think they mean something.

Yea, I’m honestly shocked that in 2022 anyone still thinks that players only meetings are a reflection of anything other than a team in complete disarray. Losing teams have been having players only meetings for decades and it almost rarely ever results in some magical turnaround or even marginal improvement in the team’s outcomes. The Wizards, Celtics, and Spurs have had player only meetings this season and did rip off any winning streaks after theirs.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#264 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:56 pm

So based on history, when these rumors come out, it means the coach is gone... So whether it actually happens during the season or in the post season, Vogel is most likely gone... The downside with all that is, it seems almost certain the FO's solution is Fizdale...
Who else is even available?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-nearly-fired-frank-vogel-after-blowout-loss-as-embattled-coach-remains-on-hot-seat-per-report/
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#265 » by TyCobb » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:28 pm

Vogel isn’t the problem. Hopefully he stays.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#266 » by Slava » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm

Pelinka is just trying to save his backside, what other option do we even have outside Vogel? Fizdale? **** no!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#267 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:52 pm

Vogel isn't the Major main problem. But someone has to be sacrificed. And Pelinka and Lebron aint goin nowhere.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Re: Enough is Enough Vogel has got to go. 

Post#268 » by euphorbus » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:13 pm

Right now, every coach in the league is winging it. Some great quotes here from Chauncey Billups and Michael Malone:

https://www.lmtonline.com/sports/article/Virus-injuries-standings-all-factor-in-NBA-16783840.php
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#269 » by Freighttrain » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm

Vogel had a great rotation during the playoffs in the bubble and did okay last year given the situation. He's just stuck with pieces that don't fit and are old, none of which are his problem. Palinka should fire himself
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#270 » by mighty_duck » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 am

The culprit is whomever traded 3 useful players on reasonable contracts, for an empty calorie stat machine with an untradeable contract. By most accounts, that was Lebron and AD.
Pelinka did a pretty good job filling out the roster with useful minimum contracts. But there's only so much you can do.
Vogel has been ok, but not great. Too many lapses in effort.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#271 » by euphorbus » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:35 am

Whoever leaked that story to the media has the courage of a racoon.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#272 » by LAL1947 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:36 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Vogel isn't the Major main problem. But someone has to be sacrificed. And Pelinka and Lebron aint goin nowhere.

Lebron has gotta go, for me. We need not worry about the optics. He didn't care about optics when he left Cleveland the first time, not even netting them a player or a pick. So I don't think teams owe him anything if they decide to move on from him too. Trade him ASAP, while he has still value... or we're in for a dark period ahead with all the old, useless guys on the roster.

Lebron (37)
Carmelo (37)
Ariza (36)
Howard (36)
Rondo (35)
Collison (34)
Ellington (34)
Westbrook (33)
DeAndre Jordan (33)
Bazemore (32)
Bradley (31)

Getting off all their contracts and replacing them with younger, useful players will be a hard enough task as it is... we sure could use the help by trading Lebron for assets while we still can.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#273 » by stan francisco » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 am

Vogel stays, please.

Once the playoffs are going I hope we’ll be able to laugh at this part of the thread.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#274 » by stan francisco » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:42 am

LAL1947 wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Vogel isn't the Major main problem. But someone has to be sacrificed. And Pelinka and Lebron aint goin nowhere.

Lebron has gotta go, for me. We need not worry about the optics. He didn't care about optics when he left Cleveland the first time, not even netting them a player or a pick. So I don't think teams owe him anything if they decide to move on from him too. Trade him ASAP, while he has still value... or we're in for a dark period ahead with all the old, useless guys on the roster.

Lebron (37)
Carmelo (37)
Ariza (36)
Howard (36)
Rondo (35)
Collison (34)
Ellington (34)
Westbrook (33)
DeAndre Jordan (33)
Bazemore (32)
Bradley (31)

Getting off all their contracts and replacing them with younger, useful players will be a hard enough task as it is... we sure could use the help by trading Lebron for assets while we still can.

Let’s focus on trading Westbrook first.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#275 » by LAL1947 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:51 am

stan francisco wrote:Let’s focus on trading Westbrook first.

The only option that seems somewhat realistic to me, where the Lakers don't end up paying to get off Westbrook's contract... is trading him to the Cavs for Markkanen and Kevin Love. The Cavs might scoff at it... but they may also go for it to get off Love's contract and because they have a dearth at PG with injuries to Sexton and Rubio.

If we can do this trade first, then sending Lebron to the 76ers for Simmons, Maxey, Korkmaz becomes easier to do.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#276 » by stan francisco » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:02 pm

LAL1947 wrote:

The only option that seems realistic to me, where the Lakers don't end up paying to get off Westbrook's contract... is trading him to the Cavs for Markkanen and Kevin Love. The Cavs might scoff at us... but they may also go for it to get off Love's contract and because they have a dearth at PG with injuries to Sexton and Rubio.

If we can do this trade first, then sending Lebron to the 76ers for Simmons, Maxey, Korkmaz becomes easier to do.

Markkanen and Kevin Love’s grandma for Westbrook? I doubt they will agree. I’d try a trade around Westbrook for Simmons first.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#277 » by Beethoven » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:40 am

I'm expecting the laker front office to do the right thing and let go Vogel immediately.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#278 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 am

It is the only option they have. Again. They won't fire themselves
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,931

Post#279 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:01 am

LAL1947 wrote:

Lebron (37)
Carmelo (37)
Ariza (36)
Howard (36)
Rondo (35)
Collison (34)
Ellington (34)
Westbrook (33)
DeAndre Jordan (33)
Bazemore (32)
Bradley (31)

Rondo and Collison aren't on the roster and outside of LeBron and Westbrook, the rest are on 1 year deals.
Lakers could become a very young team in a single offseason if they choose
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,156

Post#280 » by Revived » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:27 am

LAL1947 wrote:

The only option that seems somewhat realistic to me, where the Lakers don't end up paying to get off Westbrook's contract... is trading him to the Cavs for Markkanen and Kevin Love. The Cavs might scoff at it... but they may also go for it to get off Love's contract and because they have a dearth at PG with injuries to Sexton and Rubio.

There’s no way Rich Paul will have Simmons play for the Lakers if the Lakers trade away his guy LeBron.

LeBron and Love are good friends and have good chemistry, if trading for Love then it’s worth trying to see how they would play together in LA.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers