ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 10,461
And1: 7,332
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Jan 3, 2020 7:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Spanish_Laker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,035
And1: 1,388
Joined: Jan 27, 2007
Location: Huelva, Spain
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Spanish_Laker » Fri Jan 3, 2020 7:52 pm

Death, Ingram's 40-point game and Hart/Lonzo combining for 7/12 from 3pt tonight.
Arguably the greatest franchise ever
User avatar
Beethoven
Starter
Posts: 2,324
And1: 762
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Fri Jan 3, 2020 7:56 pm

we got this one easy peasy...ingram and lonzo again no shows and will flame out at the end.
Kobe Bryant forever
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 12,748
And1: 1,681
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#4 » by kblo247 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 8:01 pm

Lonzo no shows or gets some phantom sickness/injury

Ingram hasa bad shooting night. HE has excelled this year as a stretch 4 trying to be a poor man Rashard LEwis but them staples lights will make him shrink like his whole career

Hart will be HArt, give up blow by layups, foul a 3 point shooter, miss free throws, and not get high fived

LAkers win
Image
bb22
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,658
And1: 589
Joined: Oct 08, 2012

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#5 » by bb22 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 11:18 pm

kblo247 wrote:Lonzo no shows or gets some phantom sickness/injury

Ingram hasa bad shooting night. HE has excelled this year as a stretch 4 trying to be a poor man Rashard LEwis but them staples lights will make him shrink like his whole career

Hart will be HArt, give up blow by layups, foul a 3 point shooter, miss free throws, and not get high fived

LAkers win


As long as Hart doesn’t try to injure Lebron or AD again, it’s cool.
Would be surprised if Lonzo had back to back good shooting nights, but I’m sure he wants to play well tonight. As does Ingram.
User avatar
Beethoven
Starter
Posts: 2,324
And1: 762
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#6 » by Beethoven » Fri Jan 3, 2020 11:31 pm

trying to injure others, or, not having a regard to playing carefully to prevent injury to others.. is not a professional mindset.

Ok, josh? low class
Kobe Bryant forever
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#7 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 1:36 am

The last time we played them the "kiddies" didn't show. I assume they will tonight but they have no answers for our size in the paint. If we concentrate on that and put aside the "story" of the game we'll be just fine.

Ingram has been the poster child for great stats on a losing team. He's not affecting the outcome of games, rather he's getting his points because there is on one else to get them. Ball has been typically up and down. He did have a very good game a few games ago.
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 12,748
And1: 1,681
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#8 » by kblo247 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 1:57 am

Landsberger wrote:The last time we played them the "kiddies" didn't show. I assume they will tonight but they have no answers for our size in the paint. If we concentrate on that and put aside the "story" of the game we'll be just fine.

Ingram has been the poster child for great stats on a losing team. He's not affecting the outcome of games, rather he's getting his points because there is on one else to get them. Ball has been typically up and down. He did have a very good game a few games ago.

Ingram is getting his points because of volume and because he’s playing PF now as opposed to SF or SG where his lack of speed and ball handling got exposed. He is essentially doing the Shawn Marion number pop as a stretch 4
Image
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#9 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 2:07 am

kblo247 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:The last time we played them the "kiddies" didn't show. I assume they will tonight but they have no answers for our size in the paint. If we concentrate on that and put aside the "story" of the game we'll be just fine.

Ingram has been the poster child for great stats on a losing team. He's not affecting the outcome of games, rather he's getting his points because there is on one else to get them. Ball has been typically up and down. He did have a very good game a few games ago.

Ingram is getting his points because of volume and because he’s playing PF now as opposed to SF or SG where his lack of speed and ball handling got exposed. He is essentially doing the Shawn Marion number pop as a stretch 4


He's getting his points because there is no one else who can other than Holiday who has been in and out of the lineup. It will be interesting to see what happens to his number when Zion is there and the focus of the offense along with him.

By efficiency standards he's doing well... but if you watch them the eye test will tell you he's not really effecting games the way his point totals would suggest.
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 12,748
And1: 1,681
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#10 » by kblo247 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 2:46 am

Landsberger wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:The last time we played them the "kiddies" didn't show. I assume they will tonight but they have no answers for our size in the paint. If we concentrate on that and put aside the "story" of the game we'll be just fine.

Ingram has been the poster child for great stats on a losing team. He's not affecting the outcome of games, rather he's getting his points because there is on one else to get them. Ball has been typically up and down. He did have a very good game a few games ago.

Ingram is getting his points because of volume and because he’s playing PF now as opposed to SF or SG where his lack of speed and ball handling got exposed. He is essentially doing the Shawn Marion number pop as a stretch 4


He's getting his points because there is no one else who can other than Holiday who has been in and out of the lineup. It will be interesting to see what happens to his number when Zion is there and the focus of the offense along with him.

By efficiency standards he's doing well... but if you watch them the eye test will tell you he's not really effecting games the way his point totals would suggest.


Unless if they knock Favors out the starting 5, his stats will dip with Zion at the 4 and him moved to the 3. Logically Zo gets benched again because his piss poor shooting, lack of half court creation, and the fact his D has been bad this year too.
Image
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 52,112
And1: 11,563
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#11 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 4, 2020 2:51 am

BI was completely helpless trying to attack when Lebron was on him, Pelicans kept it close cause they were insanely hot. Would be disappointed if the Lakers make it as tough as last time.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Ball so hard
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,291
And1: 450
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#12 » by Ball so hard » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:34 am

If AD continues to take fadeaway jumpshots again Jrue I'm going to break my tv
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#13 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:40 am

Ball so hard wrote:If AD continues to take fadeaway jumpshots again Jrue I'm going to break my tv


With his talent and athleticism he should go at the basket every time..... however with his lack of landing skills I may be persuaded otherwise. This guy hits the floor every other possession.
Ball so hard
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,291
And1: 450
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#14 » by Ball so hard » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:46 am

Lonzo is going to fold under Bradley's ball pressure.
User avatar
Crooked-I
General Manager
Posts: 7,694
And1: 2,398
Joined: Jun 23, 2006
Location: Eastside Long Beach
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#15 » by Crooked-I » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:46 am

Looking for Kuzma to show up tonight and show everyone who the best player of the young bunch is.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Nip
User avatar
Crooked-I
General Manager
Posts: 7,694
And1: 2,398
Joined: Jun 23, 2006
Location: Eastside Long Beach
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#16 » by Crooked-I » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:48 am

Yo Lonzo's shot somewhat looks normal.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Nip
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#17 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:48 am

Yeah.... that shot by Ball has had some work. He's no longer coming across his body.
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#18 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:49 am

No defense by either team a the moment....
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#20 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:55 am

Ball's changed his stroke a little but he still misses everything on seemingly easy shots. Does the kid need glasses?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers