ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

User avatar
Beethoven
Starter
Posts: 2,324
And1: 762
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#81 » by Beethoven » Sat Jan 4, 2020 6:56 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Man I love Anthony Davis!

rEALLY???
Kobe Bryant forever
Spanish_Laker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,035
And1: 1,388
Joined: Jan 27, 2007
Location: Huelva, Spain
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#82 » by Spanish_Laker » Sat Jan 4, 2020 8:54 am

I like Rondo, but man, every time he steps on the court, it is a opposing team's run. +19 vs Pelicans, Bron and AD can't catch a break on the bench!
Arguably the greatest franchise ever
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,058
And1: 29,354
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#83 » by Slava » Sat Jan 4, 2020 11:54 am

dockingsched wrote:I just can’t enjoy the way Ingram plays. Bunch of one on one tunnel vision play and when he’s off the ball he’s standing around looking uninterested.


He's improved a ton on that in New Orleans, I think he wanted a statement game in LA and the shots just weren't falling for him.
:king:
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 17,345
And1: 4,197
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#84 » by iamworthy » Sat Jan 4, 2020 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Damn!! :lol:
SweetTouch
RealGM
Posts: 19,399
And1: 2,378
Joined: Mar 29, 2010
Location: Fl

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#85 » by SweetTouch » Sat Jan 4, 2020 5:08 pm

LBJ just took over this roster too to bottom

Got rid of as many youngstas he can
Stop being so disrespectful.
User avatar
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 15,364
And1: 2,942
Joined: Nov 15, 2005
Location: San Diego
   

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#86 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Jan 4, 2020 5:37 pm

thebigbird wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

i love how Rondo gets all the blame.

if AD and/or Lebron are not on the floor:
a) we are not gonna score as much even if have the best PG in the NBA.
b) the role players miss a lot when Rondo is in because AD and/or Lebron are not there to take the pressure off of them.
c) forget the + - stats, they don't show the context of the game.

yeah Rondo is not perfect, but the actual mistakes and bad plays he makes are offset by the positives he brings. now if the role players would move and help Rondo help them and make shots under pressure due to AD and Lebron not being on the floor we would not be having this conversation.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
thebigbird
Analyst
Posts: 3,696
And1: 9,162
Joined: Jul 11, 2018
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#87 » by thebigbird » Sat Jan 4, 2020 5:54 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

i love how Rondo gets all the blame.

if AD and/or Lebron are not on the floor:
a) we are not gonna score as much even if have the best PG in the NBA.
b) the role players miss a lot when Rondo is in because AD and/or Lebron are not there to take the pressure off of them.
c) forget the + - stats, they don't show the context of the game.

yeah Rondo is not perfect, but the actual mistakes and bad plays he makes are offset by the positives he brings. now if the role players would move and help Rondo help them and make shots under pressure due to AD and Lebron not being on the floor we would not be having this conversation.

Rondo gets the blame because he's absolutely terrible. I really don't understand why some people continue to ignore both the numbers and the eye test to defend Rondo. What exactly are the positives that he brings? The only thing he was doing well was hitting open 3s, and now that has completely stopped. He's 5/26 on 3s since he came back from injury. He's a turnstile on defense, he stops the ball on offense, and he can't shoot. He shouldn't play anything more than mop up minutes.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 17,697
And1: 7,916
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#88 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 4, 2020 7:10 pm

The keys to the runs the pelicans went on were Rondo and Dwight. When they came in, our defense inside and outside sucked, and neither provided any real offense.
On top of that, the defense could focus on Kuz and KCP which limited them also. And with Caruso out, we had to roll with Daniels who was also pretty terrible... again.

Dwight has trouble with quick athletic bigs sometimes. And Hawes owned him last time we played too... But I guess you live with it for the other nights when he's on fire.

McGee was dominating inside but we refuse to play him in the second half.

So yeah... Rondo sucks right now.

Rondo, Daniels, Cook, is way too much dead weight at one position.
More fun than a man with a mustache eating tostadas...
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#89 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 11:25 pm

Kilroy wrote:The keys to the runs the pelicans went on were Rondo and Dwight. When they came in, our defense inside and outside sucked, and neither provided any real offense.
On top of that, the defense could focus on Kuz and KCP which limited them also. And with Caruso out, we had to roll with Daniels who was also pretty terrible... again.

Dwight has trouble with quick athletic bigs sometimes. And Hawes owned him last time we played too... But I guess you live with it for the other nights when he's on fire.

McGee was dominating inside but we refuse to play him in the second half.

So yeah... Rondo sucks right now.

Rondo, Daniels, Cook, is way too much dead weight at one position.


I agree.... not sure Caruso adds much to that equation however. At least not offensively.

Not sure why McGee isn't getting 4th quarter minutes. He's been more consistently effective than Howard over the last 15 games or so and he shoots FT's a lot better.
Landsberger
General Manager
Posts: 7,914
And1: 1,615
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#90 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 4, 2020 11:28 pm

It seems we have a couple posters here that make about 90% of their posts on Kuzma and Rondo..... and 98% of those are negative. One of them even admitted to having an "agenda". Gotta love being good again.....
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 12,748
And1: 1,681
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#91 » by kblo247 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 12:34 am

Kyle Kuzma is shooting 55.2% on corner threes this season which leads the team by quite the margin. In the last 6 games (since returning from injury) he's at 65% from the corner. That's huge considering its the shot available off creation from LeBron & AD.


KNOCKING THEM SOBS DOWN, JUST GOT TO GET HIM MORE LOOKS
Image
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 17,697
And1: 7,916
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Lakers (27-7) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (11-23) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#92 » by Kilroy » Sun Jan 5, 2020 8:37 pm

Landsberger wrote:It seems we have a couple posters here that make about 90% of their posts on Kuzma and Rondo..... and 98% of those are negative. One of them even admitted to having an "agenda". Gotta love being good again.....


Caruso is solid, nothing more. He's not an offensive force at all right now, outside of the occasional drive when the defense breaks down. He's no threat from deep for sure.
But he's not lost on either end of the floor, which makes him light years better than Daniels. Our 'system' stays functional when he's out there.
More fun than a man with a mustache eating tostadas...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers