Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: Amick: Lakers listening to offers for Kuzma 

Post#41 » by Ball so hard » Tue Jan 7, 2020 2:35 am

NippySudz wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:He's supposed to be great in his role though. I don't know why people keep giving him excuses. Marcus Morris looks like an All-star on the knicks, but if he went to the lakers or clippers, he's not getting touches.

Sometimes, you can be a great scorer on a bad team. That happens. He has to be more efficient with his touches. I will say though rondo freezing him out doesn't help BUT he cannot score 0 in one game, 19 in another, then 4 in the next game. 4 points against the pistons?

Come on man.

I think he has some talent. I don't see all star, but I think by going to another team, he will have room to grow his game.

What is his role though? Until recently no bench player on the Lakers had cracked 25mins regularly, so there was no sixth man. Not him, not Dwight, not Rondo, Not KCP. It took Bradley going down and a 9 man rotation for Vogle to start breaking the minutes up to starters minutes for Kuzma and KCP. And even then KCP hasn't gotten big minutes to the other night since Bradlewy started back starting. Vogle has a problem giving 30 mins to them unlike Lou and Trez get for example. A lot of problems and being great in the role comes with time and shots. He has to give Kuz and KCP the guaranteed time to play big minutes which means cutting the time of Rondo and Caruso to the lower teens
His role os to lead the second unit and score. Rondo makes that kinda hard but then again, he has games where he gets touches and cannot score. It's not as much as touches he got prior to this year's team but if he gets 10 shots, he needs to make at least 5. That's efficient. Shoot 38 pct from three..that's all they need him to do. KCP out here in limited mins looking serviceable and to be honest he is.

I don't see a trade happening and neither does any member in the media but it goes to show he's not untouchable. Can the Lakers win with kyle kuzma? They have a shot. If they were to get a sweet deal, it would pretty much a wrap.

But that's not likely..they're pinched a little by the AD trade and cap space.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Why do you hate Kuzma so much? AD is barely making 5 of 10 shots, and that's even when you factor in all the lobs he makes. It's kind of futile to continue to engage you on any Kuzma discussion when it's quite clear that it's impossible for you to be objective.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#42 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 2:56 am

Ball so hard wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
kblo247 wrote:What is his role though? Until recently no bench player on the Lakers had cracked 25mins regularly, so there was no sixth man. Not him, not Dwight, not Rondo, Not KCP. It took Bradley going down and a 9 man rotation for Vogle to start breaking the minutes up to starters minutes for Kuzma and KCP. And even then KCP hasn't gotten big minutes to the other night since Bradlewy started back starting. Vogle has a problem giving 30 mins to them unlike Lou and Trez get for example. A lot of problems and being great in the role comes with time and shots. He has to give Kuz and KCP the guaranteed time to play big minutes which means cutting the time of Rondo and Caruso to the lower teens
His role os to lead the second unit and score. Rondo makes that kinda hard but then again, he has games where he gets touches and cannot score. It's not as much as touches he got prior to this year's team but if he gets 10 shots, he needs to make at least 5. That's efficient. Shoot 38 pct from three..that's all they need him to do. KCP out here in limited mins looking serviceable and to be honest he is.

I don't see a trade happening and neither does any member in the media but it goes to show he's not untouchable. Can the Lakers win with kyle kuzma? They have a shot. If they were to get a sweet deal, it would pretty much a wrap.

Why do you hate Kuzma so much? AD is barely making 5 of 10 shots, and that's even when you factor in all the lobs he makes. It's kind of futile to continue to engage you on any Kuzma discussion when it's quite clear that it's impossible for you to be objective.

I don't hate kuzma. I don't like delusional kuzma fans but I don't hate kuzma. AD goes to the line and makes free throws. His true shooting percentage is higher.

How is it hate by saying kuzma is a solid role player but not an all star and if they can trade for him for a steal that the Lakers chances of winning a championship go exponentially higher? I even said the Lakers can win with him but if they could just hypothetically speaking, get a de'aaron fox and bogie, then yeah I think it goes higher.

Not everything is hate. I'm not on here saying **** kuz . Kuz is trash. I'm saying he's not the player his fans make him out to be. He's a great talent but his game won't grow in LA because ofthe limited mins(but again, how is that hate?)

The better question is why do you like him so much. I get it he can score in bunches, when he's on, he's a flame thrower but he's up and down.

myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#43 » by myersia » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:05 am

Is it weird at all that all this is coming out? Kuzma was a personal favorite of Jeanie and Rob. Makes me think Kuzma messed up somehow or got himself in some serious ****. I feel like there is something that is there that we don’t know about. He has not seemed like himself personality wise all year. During the summer he seemed like he let Hollywood get to him. Maybe he thinks he a bigger star than he is now. Idk. Pure speculation on my part.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:06 am

myersia wrote:Is it weird at all that all this is coming out? Kuzma was a personal favorite of Jeanie and Rob. Makes me think Kuzma messed up somehow or got himself in some serious ****. I feel like there is something that is there that we don’t know about. He has not seemed like himself personality wise all year. During the summer he seemed like he let Hollywood get to him. Maybe he thinks he a bigger star than he is now. Idk. Pure speculation on my part.
Why would it be weird? Happened last yr. I personally think he stays. If they can get him a playmaking PG that's a first start for some consistency.

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#45 » by kblo247 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:11 am

NippySudz wrote:
myersia wrote:Is it weird at all that all this is coming out? Kuzma was a personal favorite of Jeanie and Rob. Makes me think Kuzma messed up somehow or got himself in some serious ****. I feel like there is something that is there that we don’t know about. He has not seemed like himself personality wise all year. During the summer he seemed like he let Hollywood get to him. Maybe he thinks he a bigger star than he is now. Idk. Pure speculation on my part.
Why would it be weird? Happened last yr. I personally think he stays. If they can get him a playmaking PG that's a first start for some consistency.

Kuzma himself also outright said I'm used to trade talks, they have happened every year of my career. Even as a rookie there was a debate of if he should be traded in a George package. Then at the deadline. Then there was the trade him in the summer for Kawhi story. Then the AD trade talks. The only difference is there is no Ingram or Ball on the roster so that more than one piece of youth can be talked about being traded, so they are focusing on him and he's just taking the lump without whining about it
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#46 » by kblo247 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:16 am

NippySudz wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:He's supposed to be great in his role though. I don't know why people keep giving him excuses. Marcus Morris looks like an All-star on the knicks, but if he went to the lakers or clippers, he's not getting touches.

Sometimes, you can be a great scorer on a bad team. That happens. He has to be more efficient with his touches. I will say though rondo freezing him out doesn't help BUT he cannot score 0 in one game, 19 in another, then 4 in the next game. 4 points against the pistons?

Come on man.

I think he has some talent. I don't see all star, but I think by going to another team, he will have room to grow his game.

What is his role though? Until recently no bench player on the Lakers had cracked 25mins regularly, so there was no sixth man. Not him, not Dwight, not Rondo, Not KCP. It took Bradley going down and a 9 man rotation for Vogle to start breaking the minutes up to starters minutes for Kuzma and KCP. And even then KCP hasn't gotten big minutes to the other night since Bradlewy started back starting. Vogle has a problem giving 30 mins to them unlike Lou and Trez get for example. A lot of problems and being great in the role comes with time and shots. He has to give Kuz and KCP the guaranteed time to play big minutes which means cutting the time of Rondo and Caruso to the lower teens

- Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

- Kuzma is 94th percentile in pick and role defense
- Kuzma is shooting the corner 3s at a 55% conversion rate.
- Aside from the 1st 4 games which is his training camp, hes been a 40% three point shooter on the year
- Kuzma is averaging double digits with 6 less shots, 7 less minutes, and no play calls hardly for him

What exacxtly will Bogdanovic do when Bron doesn't want to be the 4 and hes trying to get minutes from KCP, Green, Braadley, and Caruso?

What will the LAkers do if Bron or AD get hurt and miss games and only have Dudley as the lone F replacement?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:33 am

kblo247 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
kblo247 wrote:What is his role though? Until recently no bench player on the Lakers had cracked 25mins regularly, so there was no sixth man. Not him, not Dwight, not Rondo, Not KCP. It took Bradley going down and a 9 man rotation for Vogle to start breaking the minutes up to starters minutes for Kuzma and KCP. And even then KCP hasn't gotten big minutes to the other night since Bradlewy started back starting. Vogle has a problem giving 30 mins to them unlike Lou and Trez get for example. A lot of problems and being great in the role comes with time and shots. He has to give Kuz and KCP the guaranteed time to play big minutes which means cutting the time of Rondo and Caruso to the lower teens

- Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

- Kuzma is 94th percentile in pick and role defense
- Kuzma is shooting the corner 3s at a 55% conversion rate.
- Aside from the 1st 4 games which is his training camp, hes been a 40% three point shooter on the year
- Kuzma is averaging double digits with 6 less shots, 7 less minutes, and no play calls hardly for him

What exacxtly will Bogdanovic do when Bron doesn't want to be the 4 and hes trying to get minutes from KCP, Green, Braadley, and Caruso?

What will the LAkers do if Bron or AD get hurt and miss games and only have Dudley as the lone F replacement?

I don't have Bogdan stats In front of me but I'm sure he's a more efficient three point shooter from all areas of the floor than kuzma. Not just from the corner.

I guess it's about fit if and when ad goes to the five lineup. I posted something about the ad- five lineup is negative against good teams so far. But dominant against sub.500 teams.

Limited mins, sample size. I'll need to find that post again.

Teams would be more willing to help off kuz than they would off bogie.

They're already in that predicament of ad or LeBron gets hurt even with kuz.

Kuz not being there doesn't change the fact the Lakers championship aspirations hinges on LeBron and ad.

LeBron missed a game and Denver blew them out. A team they previously beat decisively and kuz played pretty well that game.

But this is all moot anyway. He's not getting traded. There's no attractive offers that would be reasonable.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:54 am

kblo247 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Kuzma himself also outright said I'm used to trade talks, they have happened every year of my career. Even as a rookie there was a debate of if he should be traded in a George package. Then at the deadline. Then there was the trade him in the summer for Kawhi story. Then the AD trade talks. The only difference is there is no Ingram or Ball on the roster so that more than one piece of youth can be talked about being traded, so they are focusing on him and he's just taking the lump without whining about it
I'll kuz credit whenever fresh trade takes arise, he goes out and drops like a 30pt game.

If kuz was consistent, I don't think he'd be an all star but he'd be a certified scorer.

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#49 » by Landsberger » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:01 am

If we're trading Kuzma and others for Bogdan that would be light years better than trading him for a 30+ guy with no team control. Now I don't for a minute believe that we'd be better off with Bogdan over Kuzma (I don't think the 3 ball will be that important and realistically there is little difference in that anyway) but at least we'd have a similar player with some future value rather than a guy like Rose who'd be gone in a year... or injured in a couple weeks.

I think everyone is missing the long term picture here on this. We are and will be capped out until LeBron hangs them up and he's saying that could be at age 38-40 if health permits. I think we've all seen that Davis, while a fantastic talent and top player, might not be a guy to drive a team with a bunch of 1 year signed vets and marginal role players very far even with an aging LeBron. While it could be Kuzma or Bogdan we will need some guys that have value beyond being a piece on a title run team to keep a decent team on the floor to support a Davis led team in a few years. MLE's aren't going to cut it in replacing our aging role players with younger guys who can realistically spell a truly old LeBron and Davis. We have no immediate picks and the ones we have will be very late first rounders.... or essentially picks no one wants because they come with guaranteed money and marginal talent at that point.

Hopefully we aren't going to trade the last remaining asset we have for one that is less versatile. That said it would be much preferable to taking Kuzma and others to get Iggy or Rose or similar players.

Go after Collison hard and ride it out with Kuzma would be my preference and then look to package him if it doesn't work at the draft when he's got a higher salary.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#50 » by Ball so hard » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:16 am

NippySudz wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
NippySudz wrote:His role os to lead the second unit and score. Rondo makes that kinda hard but then again, he has games where he gets touches and cannot score. It's not as much as touches he got prior to this year's team but if he gets 10 shots, he needs to make at least 5. That's efficient. Shoot 38 pct from three..that's all they need him to do. KCP out here in limited mins looking serviceable and to be honest he is.

I don't hate kuzma. I don't like delusional kuzma fans but I don't hate kuzma. AD goes to the line and makes free throws. His true shooting percentage is higher.

How is it hate by saying kuzma is a solid role player but not an all star and if they can trade for him for a steal that the Lakers chances of winning a championship go exponentially higher? I even said the Lakers can win with him but if they could just hypothetically speaking, get a de'aaron fox and bogie, then yeah I think it goes higher.

Not everything is hate. I'm not on here saying **** kuz . Kuz is trash. I'm saying he's not the player his fans make him out to be. He's a great talent but his game won't grow in LA because ofthe limited mins(but again, how is that hate?)

The better question is why do you like him so much. I get it he can score in bunches, when he's on, he's a flame thrower but he's up and down.

It's kind of hard to discuss anything with you when you constantly move the goalpost. Of course AD goes to the line. You said Kuz should be making at least 5-10 shots and I mentioned our franchise big barely accomplishes that feat. His shooting percentage is higher as it should.

You're not only claiming that Kuz is a solid role player and not an all-star... stop being intellectually dishonest here. If this is all you were claiming, we would not be having this discussion as I happen to share those sentiments. Instead you continue to make some truly ridiculous claims and speak about his stats--which are often misleading to the point it crosses into being a lie--without regard for role, minutes, touches, etc. You mentioned he has to be more efficient with his touches? What's your basis here? I suspect you're likely looking at his points. You mentioned his role is to lead the second unit and score... in what world are you living. Seriously, do you even watch any games?

I'd guess you would be one of the first to call out Kuz if he suddenly tries to get his points whenever he's out on the floor. After all this would be more in line with his "blackhole" label here on this board.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:23 am

Ball so hard wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

It's kind of hard to discuss anything with you when you constantly move the goalpost. Of course AD goes to the line. You said Kuz should be making at least 5-10 shots and I mentioned our franchise big barely accomplishes that feat. His shooting percentage is higher as it should.

You're not only claiming that Kuz is a solid role player and not an all-star... stop being intellectually dishonest here. If this is all you were claiming, we would not be having this discussion as I happen to share those sentiments. Instead you continue to make some truly ridiculous claims and speak about his stats--which are often misleading to the point it crosses into being a lie--without regard for role, minutes, touches, etc. You mentioned he has to be more efficient with his touches? What's your basis here? I suspect you're likely looking at his points. You mentioned his role is to lead the second unit and score... in what world are you living. Seriously, do you even watch any games?

I'd guess you would be one of the first to call out Kuz if he suddenly tries to get his points whenever he's out on the floor. After all this would be more in line with his "blackhole" label here on this board.

Expecting 50%fg pct from kuzma might to high when looking back at it. But expecting consistency is a more reasonable request.

Much has been lauded on kuzma being the third star of a big three by media and fans alike so I hold him to that standard.

I'll stop with my hot takes or attempt to anyway.

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#52 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jan 7, 2020 5:00 am

kblo247 wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Bogdanovic for Kuzma? Ill take that deal!

A guy who shoots the three worse, defends worse, and is shorter so essentially AD and Bron have no backup if one gets hurt :lol:

You have to look at the calendar, and crunch the dollars. Then youll be able to figure it out
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,677

Post#53 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:41 am

Ball so hard wrote:
Spoiler:
NippySudz wrote:

C’mon now, you can’t compare AD, with his volume and primary scoring role, to Kuzma’s limited volume and supporting role, and you can’t be making that comparison with such a elementary stat like raw fg%. You can’t downplay AD’s lobs as if it’s not AD’s talent that makes those lobs possible.

Everything in your post comes off as unnecessarily defensive about Kuzma and displays an inability to be objective.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:46 am

dockingsched wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
Spoiler:
NippySudz wrote:His role os to lead the second unit and score. Rondo makes that kinda hard but then again, he has games where he gets touches and cannot score. It's not as much as touches he got prior to this year's team but if he gets 10 shots, he needs to make at least 5. That's efficient. Shoot 38 pct from three..that's all they need him to do. KCP out here in limited mins looking serviceable and to be honest he is.

C’mon now, you can’t compare AD, with his volume and primary scoring role, to Kuzma’s limited volume and supporting role, and you can’t be making that comparison with such a elementary stat like raw fg%. You can’t downplay AD’s lobs as if it’s not AD’s talent that makes those lobs possible.

Everything in your post comes off as unnecessarily defensive about Kuzma and displays an inability to be objective.
Someone on my side for once. My point with that is basically ad is consistent at getting points where as kuz should be even in a limited role. Maybe 50% is too high for my estimation but kuz is a slasher, if he could consistently get points on an efficient basis on true shooting pct over raw fg then sure.

Derrick rose shot 8/19 and finished with 28(?)pts yesterday. Rose can get you a bucket even if he's shooting poorly

I don't see how kuz can get an excused pass but kcp who was hammered by Laker fans and got his started job taken away be more consistent with the second unit than kuz is on both ends. (Damn KCP is shooting 48.6% from three in his last ten games!)

It's not hate to mention this.

I'll admit my hottakes can be over board. I don't think he's as great as people make him out to be. At the end of the day, that's all it is.

I expect more from someone that's heralded as the third star.

Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#55 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:06 am

dockingsched wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
Spoiler:

He's decent.

Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#56 » by Spanish_Laker » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:21 am

Pull the trigger, Rob. Bogdanovic can be that third star next to Bron/AD. Kuz simply can't.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#57 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:05 pm

Well I think that the details of the rumors are getting ignored. For instance nobody from the Lakers organization is saying anything, it’s all speculation. Or the fact that if they are listening to offers there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Why wouldn’t you listen to offers. That means nothing other than if a really good offer comes along you would and should consider it. Nothing to do with Kuz doing something wrong. Just the nature of the business.
Forum permissions