ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 37: Los Angeles Lakers (29-7) vs. New York Knicks (10-26) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Game 37: Los Angeles Lakers (29-7) vs. New York Knicks (10-26) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#81 » by Landsberger » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:57 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Kuz playing garbage time...lol

Yeah... you figure he'd be benched for hurting Davis....

Lol alright time to take your Ovaltine, old man. Go to sleep.

:lol: Settle down kiddie... big boys can admit when they overreact.
Landsberger
General Manager

Re: Game 37: Los Angeles Lakers (29-7) vs. New York Knicks (10-26) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#82 » by Landsberger » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:01 am

Somehow this Knicks team scored 132 on the Clippers... That seems like it would take 2 games based on what we saw tonight.
footworkonpoint
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#83 » by footworkonpoint » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:02 am

Honestly how will Davis be able to survive four rounds of physical playoffs ball, when he's built like a Skelton and pjsyciallality only increases literally a hard hit to his shooting hand will break a finger or two, I can't even comprehend being 6 10 223 ever (that's how much he was his Rookie season, he has put some muscle on he's up to 253 now) but he won't ever be able on change the way his frame is maybe he needs to start being more careful with his play style and protecting himself more I know that's that's pretty Unjeard of for someone so young but man dude is not built to be every where every second it's puts his body in harm all the time.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using RealGM mobile app
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#84 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:07 am

footworkonpoint wrote:Honestly how will Davis be able to survive four rounds of physical playoffs ball, when he's built like a Skelton and pjsyciallality only increases literally a hard hit to his shooting hand will break a finger or two, I can't even comprehend being 6 10 223 ever (that's how much he was his Rookie season, he has put some muscle on he's up to 253 now) but he won't ever be able on change the way his frame is maybe he needs to start being more careful with his play style and protecting himself more I know that's that's pretty Unjeard of for someone so young but man dude is not built to be every where every second it's puts his body in harm all the time.

You make it sound like he's injury prone or something... Dude just DGAF... He throws his body at dudes to protect the paint, like he's a scrub fighting for a roster spot. I thought he was fragile before I watched him this season too... But he's the farthest thing from that possible. He just seems to only know how to play the game physically. Tonight, he attacked Randle, got the block but got knocked to the court in the process... Not much anyone can do about that.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#85 » by Beethoven » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:41 am

aD got butt hurt
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#86 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jan 8, 2020 7:14 am

Nice
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#87 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Jan 8, 2020 9:20 am

Our defense is looking legit once again. Proud of the guys. I hope AD's injury is not serious.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
footworkonpoint
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#88 » by footworkonpoint » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:09 pm

He's not prone to major injury but he is prone to injuries because of his frame and play style that's what I'm syimg he's never played a full season before, I know we go as far as he takes us that's my main point maybe he shouldn't be throwing his body around everywhere he's not built for it.
If you look at his injury history it's all fractured hand, finger sprains, contusions, sprained shoulders, strained shoulders etc obviously because his frame can't handle the beating he takes from guys way stronger then him on his frame which is made like a twig, and combine that with his ability to be everywhere at all times on both ends of the floor I don't see how it doesn't lead injury. I love AD I just don't wna see a solution he can get stronger and out on muscle he has he went from 610 223 to 253 now but his is still a twig. I can't even comprehend that because I am 6 4 3+235 myself with a pretty low body fat (not that matters) 6 10 223 his bone structure must be tiny.

Kilroy wrote:
footworkonpoint wrote:Honestly how will Davis be able to survive four rounds of physical playoffs ball, when he's built like a Skelton and pjsyciallality only increases literally a hard hit to his shooting hand will break a finger or two, I can't even comprehend being 6 10 223 ever (that's how much he was his Rookie season, he has put some muscle on he's up to 253 now) but he won't ever be able on change the way his frame is maybe he needs to start being more careful with his play style and protecting himself more I know that's that's pretty Unjeard of for someone so young but man dude is not built to be every where every second it's puts his body in harm all the time.

You make it sound like he's injury prone or something... Dude just DGAF... He throws his body at dudes to protect the paint, like he's a scrub fighting for a roster spot. I thought he was fragile before I watched him this season too... But he's the farthest thing from that possible. He just seems to only know how to play the game physically. Tonight, he attacked Randle, got the block but got knocked to the court in the process... Not much anyone can do about that.

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#89 » by Beethoven » Wed Jan 8, 2020 1:15 pm

Ad is gonna be feelin his tailbone pain definitely through March. Or even longer.
He'll be ready to play though by @houston game though.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#90 » by thebigbird » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#91 » by bb22 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:51 pm

footworkonpoint wrote:He's not prone to major injury but he is prone to injuries because of his frame and play style that's what I'm syimg he's never played a full season before, I know we go as far as he takes us that's my main point maybe he shouldn't be throwing his body around everywhere he's not built for it.
If you look at his injury history it's all fractured hand, finger sprains, contusions, sprained shoulders, strained shoulders etc obviously because his frame can't handle the beating he takes from guys way stronger then him on his frame which is made like a twig, and combine that with his ability to be everywhere at all times on both ends of the floor I don't see how it doesn't lead injury. I love AD I just don't wna see a solution he can get stronger and out on muscle he has he went from 610 223 to 253 now but his is still a twig. I can't even comprehend that because I am 6 4 3+235 myself with a pretty low body fat (not that matters) 6 10 223 his bone structure must be tiny.

Kilroy wrote:

I agree. He is always falling. Seems like he can't control his momentum. Maybe lacking core and lower body strength.
There might be some protective advantage to falling though, possibly preventing knee/ankle injuries which would require longer absences. I remember back in the Day when Shaq was learning how to fall in a controlled and safe manner, but he was like 350lbs lol.
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#92 » by NPZ » Thu Jan 9, 2020 1:29 am

Landsberger wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Yeah... you figure he'd be benched for hurting Davis....

Lol alright time to take your Ovaltine, old man. Go to sleep.

:lol: Settle down kiddie... big boys can admit when they overreact.

It's always time for the great taste of Ovaltine.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#93 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:05 am

Ovaltine. I havent taken that since i was a kid, thought it was nestle quik chocolate powder
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#94 » by Landsberger » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:13 am

I prefer Geritol to Ovaltine....
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#95 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:41 am

This was a shady ass game for the Knicks... I think they had an agenda to be physical with us but even though it didn't seem like that big a deal during the game, there were just way too many shady plays where our guys ended up on the ground for it not to be a game plan... KCP, McGee, AD...

Other thing I thought... The Refs don't seem to be protecting guys driving to the basket anymore. There seems to be a stark difference between how and-1s are being given out on drives this year vs last year... Hard to figure other than the league going full 'white man' and living at the 3pt line now.
Have to hope that changes in the post season, because I don't think I've ever seen a superstar like LeBron getting hacked this much and not getting calls... Certainly have never seen LeBron himself not get these calls.
Harden ain't getting his usual calls either, but Doncic is already getting Chicago MJ calls... And the league is making global statements about rough play against him.... Pretty blatant out with the old in with the new agenda...

That along with the completely random replay decisions, it's just a really frustrating year to watch from an officiating standpoint..
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers