ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 39: Los Angeles Lakers (31-7) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (22-16) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Game 39: Los Angeles Lakers (31-7) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (22-16) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#141 » by Landsberger » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:15 am

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
bb22 wrote:
In his post-game interview he basically said he wants to play more minutes and take more shots. While he is probably a good volume scorer, that's not what the team needs from him when healthy. Most guys will have no problem scoring above their average when given more minutes and touches. I hope he can find that efficiency with less shots.

Yeah... While a lot of guys are reading his last few games as a statement about wanting to STAY-N-LA!, I think it may be more about finding a better fit elsewhere... I think he's looking for a starting role somewhere else and playing well hopefully opens up the market...
I also suspect Pelinka has said they'll work on doing an extend/trade for him if he can find a suitor willing to pay what he wants from his next contract... And if he plays like he has been, that number could be pretty nice.

I think a fair message is play me more and give me a green light. Vogle has skated by without actually treating him like a sixth man all year as well. He does not come in with a green light to shoot well. He does not get the green light to dribble. He does not get 28-30 minutes. He does not get a guaranteed close. And honestly it is the main problem, not him starting or any other bs.

Ginobili, Kukoc, Jet, Horry, Odom all got their minutes guaranteed on a night espite misses or screw ups. They got their time done despite cold streaks and they knew they would close and be trusted. Vogle hasn't done it with 20 - 23 mins ang 8-10 shots a night.

Rob knows the story of Kobe too. He knows what it is like to bench talent and have them feel depressed and like they aren't being respected. Kobe is his mentor, Kobe agent is his GM, so they may see something in Kuz. Like I saygive Kuz the bench green light and 28 minutes or let him start in place of Green

Yeah... there is something there between Kuz and the staff. Everyone seems to want him to be the spark off the bench but do it in minimal minutes within the system (which is LeBron first, Davis Second... back to Lebron... back to Davis and then with a couple seconds left someone for a desperation 3) they have devised. Most true 6th men get 30+ minutes a game and many end up closing games.

Kuz isn't as polished as some but you won't ever get there on the bench and/or worrying that the first mistake you make means you're coming out.

I get it... they want an established star or established bench guy over developing one. They have made a statement on player development (they don't have time for it) clear as a bell with the approach they have taken.

That said, trading him for something as good will be like threading a needle and I hope it's a player that can gel with Davis for the beyond Bron years.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,833

Re: Game 39: Los Angeles Lakers (31-7) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (22-16) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#142 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:10 pm

game 40 thread please.. we are a 14 point favorite for the Cleveland game wow Lebron is gonna go off in that one. Triple double 25 points 12 assists and 10 rebounds
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#143 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:26 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:Got to admit, that was an impressive half. Goes to show you how two superstars can really marginalize the play of other players. Greats games so far by Kuz and Rondo.

Yea it's really a game of opportunities. Look no further than the games in which Kuz's minutes and touches are up. I'm not saying we should take touches away from AD. Kuz happens to be in a less than ideal situation in which he's playing behind a dominant big and playing nearly all his minutes with 2 ball dominant superstars. Like i've said a few times now, it shouldn't be surprising to see inconsistencies from a volume scorer when you significantly reduce his minutes and touches. It's not as if he suddenly forgot out how to score. I'm still ok with trading him for the right pieces.

For the right pieces yes, I agree. It just seems like everyone is ready to simply give him up for certain players like Robert Covington. Don't get me wrong, RoCo is good but he's not the ultimate panacea for this team. It's just the case of the grass is greener on the side IMO. If they currently have Covington and not KCP/Bradley/Green, some fans here would be screaming to trade for Green/Bradley and KCP.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,833

Post#144 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Kuzma is going to be a star . A drag star.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers