Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: Interesting Lebron/Lakers stats. 

Post#61 » by Dupp » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:23 am

NippySudz wrote:
Dupp wrote:
NippySudz wrote:LeBron's defense hasn't been the problem at all. It's his offense that's where he's struggling, particularly against physical wing defenders. Not just kawhi, but ariza, Tucker, covington, basically any household defender this year, he's had issues and in games with there's isn't one he's shined.

If the Lakers can get Moe harkless, it would help take that load off guarding the best player on the opposing team, the same it did for kawhi and PG when Moe was on the clippers

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

As a point guard he’s been very good offensively. His scoring woes, which I believe you are referring to are quite worrying. Just the way his is and isn’t able to score. Around the basket his lift and finishing is the worst it’s ever been. As is his ability to blow by guys, even 5s that switch on him.

But yeah his numbers on good defenders have been terrible. Has had his clutch scoring. ( ADs clutch scoring also bad over the season too but a lot of that can be fixed by Vogel. Defensively AD has been clutch AF).

As for harkless yeah he’d be great. Just any decent wing LA desperately need. Shame they did nothing at the deadline. Didn’t he say he doesn’t want to be bought out though?

Yes that's what I'm referring to. I think with the playoffs, it won't show as much because they'll have time to game plan for on specific team to find windows to score.

But yes, he's ability to blow by guys now I do find concerning. When I saw he was sizing up Whiteside and either couldn't or wouldn't blow by him at times, Its a bit concerning

But that's why he's not the best player in the world anymore but not being the best doesn't negate the Lakers chances of winning it all. He's still top 3. I don't think many people will say AD is more important to the Lakers winning than a 35yr old LeBron James. Not even ad will say that. He said LeBron is the best player on the team.

He will just have to choose his spots better is all.it's interesting if you follow both LA teams and their fanbase. A lot of doomsday ringing.

Clippers are definitely the favourite to me, then bucks and then Lakers have a decent chance.

Lebrons scoring may be better in the playoffs with more rest days and motivation. Also might be bad due to good defense and his decline. We’ll see. They need to get the ball to AD more on the move, more AS lebron p and r, really good team d and bench rondo and they have a good shot at a title .

Hopefully clips match up with rockets before the lakers. That’ll help, particularly with PGs health
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#62 » by NippySudz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:30 am

Dupp wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Dupp wrote:

As a point guard he’s been very good offensively. His scoring woes, which I believe you are referring to are quite worrying. Just the way his is and isn’t able to score. Around the basket his lift and finishing is the worst it’s ever been. As is his ability to blow by guys, even 5s that switch on him.

But yeah his numbers on good defenders have been terrible. Has had his clutch scoring. ( ADs clutch scoring also bad over the season too but a lot of that can be fixed by Vogel. Defensively AD has been clutch AF).

As for harkless yeah he’d be great. Just any decent wing LA desperately need. Shame they did nothing at the deadline. Didn’t he say he doesn’t want to be bought out though?

Yes that's what I'm referring to. I think with the playoffs, it won't show as much because they'll have time to game plan for on specific team to find windows to score.

But yes, he's ability to blow by guys now I do find concerning. When I saw he was sizing up Whiteside and either couldn't or wouldn't blow by him at times, Its a bit concerning

But that's why he's not the best player in the world anymore but not being the best doesn't negate the Lakers chances of winning it all. He's still top 3. I don't think many people will say AD is more important to the Lakers winning than a 35yr old LeBron James. Not even ad will say that. He said LeBron is the best player on the team.

He will just have to choose his spots better is all.it's interesting if you follow both LA teams and their fanbase. A lot of doomsday ringing.

Clippers are definitely the favourite to me, then bucks and then Lakers have a decent chance.

Lebrons scoring may be better in the playoffs with more rest days and motivation. Also might be bad due to good defense and his decline. We’ll see. They need to get the ball to AD more on the move, more AS lebron p and r, really good team d and bench rondo and they have a good shot at a title .

Hopefully clips match up with rockets before the lakers. That’ll help, particularly with PGs health

I don't see clippers as the favorites and I'm for kawhi and the clippers.

Health is a major concern and continuity for the clippers. I don't take much of anything from their matchups with the Lakers. I also wouldn't be surprised if a dark horse came into the picture someway and eliminates one of the la teams.

I believe the bucks are the favorites. They are on a historic pace. Their bench is really good. If you see the Lakers and clippers bench when LeBron and kawhi are off the floor, it's wild. Both negative net ratings. If you see the bucks when giannis is off the floor, it's a plus net rating. They're 6-1 without giannis in the lineup iirc. They're on a historic pace. They got stretch bigs who can shoot threes, they got multiple wing defenders to throw at kawhi and LeBron.

They're probably the longest team in basketball right now they're kinda scary. They have what both LA teams are missing from their respective rosters. Only thing question is giannis jumper. But they have playmakers, wings, and good centers.

I feel like people underestimating the bucks will cause them to hit teams hard. And maybe win.

The only team I don't want to see win the title is the rockets. I don't like moreyball.

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,288

Post#63 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:08 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Dupp wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Health is a major concern and continuity for the clippers. I don't take much of anything from their matchups with the Lakers. I also wouldn't be surprised if a dark horse came into the picture someway and eliminates one of the la teams.

I believe the bucks are the favorites. They are on a historic pace. Their bench is really good. If you see the Lakers and clippers bench when LeBron and kawhi are off the floor, it's wild. Both negative net ratings. If you see the bucks when giannis is off the floor, it's a plus net rating. They're 6-1 without giannis in the lineup iirc. They're on a historic pace. They got stretch bigs who can shoot threes, they got multiple wing defenders to throw at kawhi and LeBron.

They're probably the longest team in basketball right now they're kinda scary. They have what both LA teams are missing from their respective rosters. Only thing question is giannis jumper. But they have playmakers, wings, and good centers.

I feel like people underestimating the bucks will cause them to hit teams hard. And maybe win.

The only team I don't want to see win the title is the rockets. I don't like moreyball.

I'm not going to pretend and lie that I have watched a ton of Bucks games but I have witnessed them fail miserably last playoffs.
I still remember Bledsoe and Middleton and the rest not named Giannis disappearing during crunch time. Raptors have a much more difficult time eliminating the Sixers than the Bucks and they lost Brodgon and added Matthews and Robin Lopez. They are great in defense, Hill has been on fire but as most would say, playoffs are different. They are consistently great against teams for every game but come playoff time, teams would just focus on stopping your your first couple of options from your sets. I remember a few "analysts" picked the Drexler-led Blazers team bec of great depth and fortitude during the regular season. They'll lose 2 key players bec of injuries and they still win handily, then they faced the Pistons, then the Bulls the following year....or the Spurs in 2001, how great the twin towers under coach Pop etc with savvy veteran court generals like Avery Johnson and Porter and ... If Boston retained Horford, I would pick them esp with a genius coach like Stevens. Sixers looked really bad on the road but I can't bet against them with a healthy and focused Embiid.
But I sure hope you are right about the Clippers bec I can't see them losing 4 games.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#64 » by NippySudz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:38 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Dupp wrote:

I'm not going to pretend and lie that I have watched a ton of Bucks games but I have witnessed them fail miserably last playoffs.
I still remember Bledsoe and Middleton and the rest not named Giannis disappearing during crunch time. Raptors have a much more difficult time eliminating the Sixers than the Bucks and they lost Brodgon and added Matthews and Robin Lopez. They are great in defense, Hill has been on fire but as most would say, playoffs are different. They are consistently great against teams for every game but come playoff time, teams would just focus on stopping your your first couple of options from your sets. I remember a few "analysts" picked the Drexler-led Blazers team bec of great depth and fortitude during the regular season. They'll lose 2 key players bec of injuries and they still win handily, then they faced the Pistons, then the Bulls the following year....or the Spurs in 2001, how great the twin towers under coach Pop etc with savvy veteran court generals like Avery Johnson and Porter and ... If Boston retained Horford, I would pick them esp with a genius coach like Stevens. Sixers looked really bad on the road but I can't bet against them with a healthy and focused Embiid.
But I sure hope you are right about the Clippers bec I can't see them losing 4 games.
I just think anything is possible on the playoffs and anything can happen. Although I'd like to see an LA showdown for the WCF, I'm not entirely sure the west runs through LA. I really don't want to see a non LA team in the finals.

But the reason I believe Lakers have a good of a chance as anyone because they have experienced guys the trench war mindset, guys locking in.

I'm really concerned about the too many chefs in the kitchen with the clippers. I'm concerned about continuity and I'm concerned about injuries. I'm a kawhi Leonard fan but I can be honest about that.

I also am a fan of LeBron(not as much as Leonard's) and see him struggle in the regular season against top teams only to close them out in 4 or 5 games.

The interesting thing is the walling giannis off strategy will be used on James if they make the finals. James is more consistent at jumpers than giannis but they have trees and James hasn't been able to blow by them as much.

I believe James is a smart player and just like kawhi last yr against giannis, he can slow the game down and force giannis to play at his pace. At least he has the ability to

Assuming the bucks are the bucks and not chokers they're going to be a problem for any team.

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,288

Post#65 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:47 pm

NippySudz wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

I just think anything is possible on the playoffs and anything can happen. Although I'd like to see an LA showdown for the WCF, I'm not entirely sure the west runs through LA. I really don't want to see a non LA team in the finals.

But the reason I believe Lakers have a good of a chance as anyone because they have experienced guys the trench war mindset, guys locking in.

I'm really concerned about the too many chefs in the kitchen with the clippers. I'm concerned about continuity and I'm concerned about injuries. I'm a kawhi Leonard fan but I can be honest about that.

I also am a fan of LeBron(not as much as Leonard's) and see him struggle in the regular season against top teams only to close them out in 4 or 5 games.

The interesting thing is the walling giannis off strategy will be used on James if they make the finals. James is more consistent at jumpers than giannis but they have trees and James hasn't been able to blow by them as much.

I believe James is a smart player and just like kawhi last yr against giannis, he can slow the game down and force giannis to play at his pace. At least he has the ability to

Assuming the bucks are the bucks and not chokers they're going to be a problem for any team.

For the Lakers sake I hope you are right about the Clippers. I can just see them throwing fresh bodies to wear down Lebron, starting with Beverley picking him up from 90 feet. If James simply elects to dribble down court, he will get tired sooner than later. Asking Green and Bradley to bring the ball would be problematic and would disrupt their flow. Vogel might be forced to put in Rondo to direct the offense but his lack of shooting and defense would be a problem and he can't do it for 30+ mins. Harrell would use his broad shoulders to body up and constantly bang AD inside, PG and Kawhi either play the passing lanes and intercept those James passes or try to smother Green and Bradley. Morris would come in fresh in the 2nd quarter and hound Lebron more.
By 2nd half, Kawhi comes in to defend the 35 year old Lebron who had to deal with Beverley and Morris in the first half. I can see the Clips to stay home to shooters and dare Lebron to take 30+ shots and hope he'll wear down come 4th quarter but hey as a Laker fan I sure hope you fellow fans are right about their chances.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers