Shams: Markieff Morris plans to sign with Lakers

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Shams: Markieff Morris plans to sign with Lakers 

Post#41 » by Kilroy » Sun Mar 1, 2020 9:40 pm

Interesting takeway from last game.... Morris was the only one who got in Brooks face for starting to get a little too physical (Shoved Dwight in the air and then slapped him in the face) and mouthy... It's something we've seen from him countless times... And usually it amounts to nothing...
But this time, he didn't touch Brooks, he didn't have to be held back, and it really didn't look like he said anything crazy (Dray Green said way worse when we played him last)... But he was immediately T'ed up.
On top of that, it looked like his actions really made LeBron and the other lakers uncomfortable.

I've watched a few games in the East, and it seems like this stuff is way more common for those teams. So I wonder if it's going to be a problem for both brothers now that they're in the West?

And also, I think we need more of this kind of reaction and boundary setting as we head into the playoffs where things get more physical... So I worry about the reaction from LeBron and the other guys on the court when Morris did this.... Memphis was clearly going after us that game... Playing Chippy and talking smack... Over-celebrating every play... And outside of Morris one time... Nothing.
Brooks repeatedly fouled guys going to the basket hard, made no play on the ball, and hit guys in the head and face... Not only did he not get called for fouls, but even when it happened to leBron, our guys did nothing accept for Morris that first time.

Anyway, this is getting too long... But I just though that one interchange said a whole lot about this team this season, as well as how we're being reffed.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#42 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:05 pm

Kilroy wrote:Interesting takeway from last game.... Morris was the only one who got in Brooks face for starting to get a little too physical (Shoved Dwight in the air and then slapped him in the face) and mouthy... It's something we've seen from him countless times... And usually it amounts to nothing...
But this time, he didn't touch Brooks, he didn't have to be held back, and it really didn't look like he said anything crazy (Dray Green said way worse when we played him last)... But he was immediately T'ed up.
On top of that, it looked like his actions really made LeBron and the other lakers uncomfortable.

I've watched a few games in the East, and it seems like this stuff is way more common for those teams. So I wonder if it's going to be a problem for both brothers now that they're in the West?

And also, I think we need more of this kind of reaction and boundary setting as we head into the playoffs where things get more physical... So I worry about the reaction from LeBron and the other guys on the court when Morris did this.... Memphis was clearly going after us that game... Playing Chippy and talking smack... Over-celebrating every play... And outside of Morris one time... Nothing.
Brooks repeatedly fouled guys going to the basket hard, made no play on the ball, and hit guys in the head and face... Not only did he not get called for fouls, but even when it happened to leBron, our guys did nothing accept for Morris that first time.

Anyway, this is getting too long... But I just though that one interchange said a whole lot about this team this season, as well as how we're being reffed.

the action was a little over the top against memphis in a nonplayoff settting, but believe me when they are against competitors and they are looking bit soft in the playoffs, stuff like that will energize the lakers and the clippers. Its the trench-war mentality. Don't eff with my brother kinda thing. Well, unless someone is beefing with the other morris twin on the opposing team then they'll just probably break it up.

Morris twins have to be careful not to get techs that will cost them a playoff game. a certain number is an automatic suspension.

brooks played like a bitch. He was shooting the ball like he was steph curry but bricking every shot and not passing to his teammates. Even memphis fans has to be frustrated with that effort even in a win.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#43 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:41 am

Look, all I know is that the lakers should Not I mean f-ing ever play small ball with morris. Players go at him and they score.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Post#44 » by Beethoven » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 pm

If the strategy is to go at the Morris brothers to score, like we did in the clip game, and others with Markieff, why are they deemed as "key perimeter defense 3 and d " type players??
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#45 » by NBAWestFan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Markieff had a big rebound vs the Clips.

Lakers should give him more looks and tell him where he should and should not shoot.

He needs to get a rhythm but will not get enough touches to get a good rhythm so he needs to work harder on his shot knowing he needs to step up in the big game.

Lebron needs to stop padding his stats and get these guys more touches and shots in the game so when he is out they will step up.

though the Lakers edge out the clips you can tell the clips intensity was not the same as before and their two superstars did not seem to be trying the way they will in the playoffs.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers