ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 2 - LAL vs POR (0-1)

Moderators: Danny Darko, TyCobb, Kilroy

tamaraw08
Senior
And1: 120

Re: GAME 2 - LAL vs POR (0-1) 

Post#81 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:18 pm

It's amazing how some experts and fans here have proclaimed the Lakers would surely lose if
1. Lebron do not have monster game. He scored 10 pts, 7 assists and 6 rebs with 6 turnovers.
2. Green fails to hit shots.He was 1 of 6 overall.
3. Rondo does not return. He didn't play
4. Kuzma don't score above 18 points, he scored 7 points.
Some said Lakers will lose bec they will miss Bradley's defense and offense.
The beauty of this game is a team can still manage to win by doing other aspects of the game, well but also the other team struggling to make shots.
Lillard, CJ and Melo hit a combined 2 of 13 from the 3pt line,13 of 36 overall. Now the question is was it bec of a collective off night or bec of great defense or a combo?
Was Portland just too happy to take game 1 and played flat? Can we give Vogel some credit bec of his adjustments?
Beethoven
Veteran
And1: 1,017

Post#82 » by Beethoven » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:30 pm

I'll be honest the blazers had a lot of the same shots as first game (not wide open but make-able) and missed most. They seemed to have had an off shooting nite.
I'm just saying this team has to remain vigilant. If they continued to make the shots into this game we would have had another tie in the last few mins of this game. And that is where the blazers go rabid even though they run on fumes. This blazers team knows the taste of blood.
Kobe Bryant forever
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 8,797

Post#83 » by Kilroy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:17 am

If this is really an NBA Championship Contending team, they've figured out Portland and will keep their foot on that neck, and we'll be looking at a 5gm series... If we're a pretender, we'll let Portland back up.
They're banged up now and on their heels... It's just a matter of executing.
tamaraw08
Senior
And1: 120

Post#84 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:05 am

Kilroy wrote:If this is really an NBA Championship Contending team, they've figured out Portland and will keep their foot on that neck, and we'll be looking at a 5gm series... If we're a pretender, we'll let Portland back up.

The 08 Celtics with 3 HOFs needed 3 game 7’s (21 games)to finally advanced to the finals where they mauled the Kobe led Lakes in Game 6. The 00 Lakers needed to win the final 5th game to eliminate the Kings and game 7 to beat Portland, also lost 2 games to the Suns and Pacers before winning it all, if my memory serves me right. Even very good teams will lose a few games here and there to a very hot team.
NippySudz
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#85 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:29 am

Tomorrow, I believe the backsweep continues. I said lakers in 5. I'm sticking to that.
lazybatman
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#86 » by lazybatman » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:42 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:If this is really an NBA Championship Contending team, they've figured out Portland and will keep their foot on that neck, and we'll be looking at a 5gm series... If we're a pretender, we'll let Portland back up.

The 08 Celtics with 3 HOFs needed 3 game 7’s (21 games)to finally advanced to the finals where they mauled the Kobe led Lakes in Game 6. The 00 Lakers needed to win the final 5th game to eliminate the Kings and game 7 to beat Portland, also lost 2 games to the Suns and Pacers before winning it all, if my memory serves me right. Even very good teams will lose a few games here and there to a very hot team.

Yeah, but this Portland team's gassed and out of options to compete with Lakers' strength on rebounding and small ball. This series looks over like the Raps-Bucks series of last year after the third game. The team looks like it's finding it's groove slowly, but surely. I wouldn't be too concerned if Dame & CJ stole another one from us, but we should not drop more than a game or two from here till the conference finals. The Lakers, this season, did not lose a game when going into half time with a lead. That's impressive. I'd say we're getting close to that form again.

Expecting the Rockets series to be much easier, cos of the size mismatch with AD and Bron and the lack of shot blocking. Harden & Russ are superstars and it would be disrespectful to think sweep cos they're gonna have a night or two, but I still feel it's a strong possibility - 4-0 or 4-1. McGee/ Dwight better order some nice comfy chairs for that one. Offensively, Kuz, AD & Wiaters & defensively, Danny Green & AC should have a great series. If Rondo becomes available, he's got a good warm up series before the Clips to look forward to. I can see Harden torching Kuz, AD and Lebron at times, but you just gotta eat that, right? Houston would've matched up better with the Clips defensively imo, cos of the lack of post offense and drivers.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers