WCSF: Lakers vs Rockets 4-1 Game 5 Lakers Win

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Re: WCSF: Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets Game 1: 9/4 6pm PST 

Post#21 » by stan francisco » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:33 pm

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Because of perimeter defense and foot speed/length at C, my starters:

GUARD 1: James
GUARD 2: Caruso
SF: Kuzma
PF: Davis
C: McGee

Message to LeBron:

On defense, pick up Harden like a man, please. Like Kobe would. It’ll be good practice for Kawhi.

1) Halfcourt offense: Post up Harden every possession. Make him work for seven games, I mean four.
2) Fastbreak/open spacing offense: Attack the rim, don’t take any threes at all in this series.
3) Make your free throws

Kobe wasn't picking up the best player consistently at 35. You keep applying 30yr old Kobe standards to 35 year old LeBron.

He'll have his stretches. Unlike Kobe, LeBron is the entire offense. Lakers have a negative netrating when he sits. So he'll need to pace
himself especially against a high pace team.

I think kuzma is going to pickup westbrook for to his length and improved defense might get tasked with trying to show harden downa play or two.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

While you posted that I was editing that post. Sorry.

I agree that LeBron shouldn’t chase Harden through screens or apply full court pressure, but in the half court he should pick him up one on one as often as possible. LeBron will win the muscle game against Harden, not the foot speed game.

The point being, if we don’t have to double team Harden, we win in five. I believe LBJ can effectively guard Harden one on one down low. If we double and triple team him, me might go seven games.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#22 » by NippySudz » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:36 pm

stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Because of perimeter defense and foot speed/length at C, my starters:

GUARD 1: James
GUARD 2: Caruso
SF: Kuzma
PF: Davis
C: McGee

Message to LeBron:

On defense, pick up Harden like a man, please. Like Kobe would. It’ll be good practice for Kawhi.

1) Halfcourt offense: Post up Harden every possession. Make him work for seven games, I mean four.
2) Fastbreak/open spacing offense: Attack the rim, don’t take any threes at all in this series.
3) Make your free throws

Kobe wasn't picking up the best player consistently at 35. You keep applying 30yr old Kobe standards to 35 year old LeBron.

He'll have his stretches. Unlike Kobe, LeBron is the entire offense. Lakers have a negative netrating when he sits. So he'll need to pace

I think kuzma is going to pickup westbrook for to his length and improved defense might get tasked with trying to show harden downa play or two.

I agree that LeBron shouldn’t chase Harden through screens or apply full court pressure, but in the half court he should pick him up one on one as often as possible. LeBron will win the muscle game against Harden, not the foot speed game.

The point being, if we don’t have to double team Harden, we win in five. I believe LBJ can effectively guard Harden one on one down low. If we double and triple team him, me might go seven games.

Fair enough.

I honestly don't think harden is the key to this series. It's going to be Russell Westbrook. He's "center guard" he's the best rebounder on their team. They'll lose the rebound battle but he closes the gap plus he's great in transition. Don't the Lakers have one of the worst transition defense?

Limit westbrook in transition, this becomes a 4-5 series imo

stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by stan francisco » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:49 pm

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Fair enough.

I honestly don't think harden is the key to this series. It's going to be Russell Westbrook. He's "center guard" he's the best rebounder on their team. They'll lose the rebound battle but he closes the gap plus he's great in transition. Don't the Lakers have one of the worst transition defense?

Getting to set up your defense is key against them. We need to limit transition points for them by NOT turning the ball over. Inside out, slowball it for high percentage shots and FTs; and, a set defense.

I don’t know our transition defensive stats but that’s why I want Caruso and Kuzma to start along with McGee over Howard.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by stan francisco » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:10 pm

McGee’s length will bother Westbrook’s rim game and slow down his transition game. Please don’t start Howard. McGee’s length and agility will bother Harden down low, not just Westbrook.

What’s more impressive than a Westbrook slam dunk? McGee blocking it. What’s more impressive than Harden weaving his way to the hoop through four defenders? AD blocking his layup.

If McGee starts, I predict a block party between he and AD of historical proportions.

This series will be the battle of 3 point shooting vs half court. Our half court defense is great. Chase them off that three point line.

Start Kuz, AC, JMG for defense and transitional speed. Let Caruso pick up Harden full court.

EDIT CONTENT:
I will be watching the turnover stats closely. That’s gonna dictate pace.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#25 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:47 pm

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Fair enough.

This Houston team is very unpredictable, doing unorthodox small ball to throw teams out of whack. They managed to squeak by OKC with Harden missing 8 of his 9 3pt shots and shooting under 40% as a team for game 7. WB loves to roam and position for def rebs and run the break so yes, limiting turnovers and getting high % shots would be the key. It's not as simple as just asking AD to post up esp against the bulky Tucker with teammates trying to help and daring KCP, Caruso etc to take shots beyond 24 feet.
I have a bad feeling about Eric Gordon finding his range. He struggled shooting and still managed 18pts/game, and I'm a believer of law of averages so he's due to a hot streak possible along with Green and House
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#26 » by Beethoven » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:51 pm

Oh we got dis
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#27 » by EArl » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:37 am

Read on Twitter
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#28 » by BEazy » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:11 am

Lets go Lakers!!! PLEASE don't come out short.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
EArl
RealGM

Post#29 » by EArl » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:15 am

We need to start strong and not give the Rockets open shots and not get ourselves into foul trouble.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#30 » by TJM217 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:21 am

Great block. I don't see a foul
Lake Show Baby!!!
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#31 » by SashaTheMachine » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:26 am

"harden wanted the foul."

you don't say!?!?!??!
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#32 » by Crooked-I » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:28 am

Refs straight up gifted Harden 3 points. I don't know what he was watching that was easily all ball.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
TJM217
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by TJM217 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:29 am

Thanks LeBron!?! Just sit there and watch the 3
Lake Show Baby!!!
TJM217
Pro Prospect

Post#34 » by TJM217 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:31 am

Ugh Fing Rondo!!
Lake Show Baby!!!
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#35 » by BEazy » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:32 am

As always...Can't guard the 3 point line.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#36 » by Crooked-I » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:32 am

Rondo...
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,965

Post#37 » by thebigbird » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:33 am

Rondo playing is absolutely inexcusable. It is going to cost the Lakers a ring. Vogel should be fired for it.
TJM217
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by TJM217 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:33 am

1st freaking play Rondo takes the long 2 and bricks. Smh
Lake Show Baby!!!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,587

Post#39 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:34 am

Only 30 seconds of Rondo and I already want him out.
EArl
RealGM

Post#40 » by EArl » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:41 am

Rondo looks like he's playing Mario Cart and slipping on banana peels.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers