ImageImageImageImageImage

The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!!

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

Who Will Win?

Lakers in 4
9
18%
Heat in 4
3
6%
Lakers in 5
16
33%
Heat in 5
1
2%
Lakers in 6
16
33%
Heat in 6
1
2%
Lakers in 7
0
No votes
Heat in 7
3
6%
 
Total votes: 49

User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 15,752
And1: 16,463
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1341 » by zimpy27 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:55 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
snaquille oatmeal wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Bradley didn't join bubble because his son is vulnerable to this virus and that means Avery would have had to be away from the whole family for the duration of the bubble. It's too much for some and I think understandable for many who have kids.

Though I understand his decision, I can’t feel bad for him if he didn’t get a ring.
Most military members make these kind of decisions all the time so that kind of separation from family is nothing new to me, with that said, it was always looked down upon when somebody wouldn’t make the deployment.


Well when he signed the contract he probably didn't expect for this to be a part of his role. So it's not quite the same. From his position, his opportunity to play in the playoffs was taken away from him because of COVID-19 and not his commitment to the team.

But also, there's a pretty strong argument that he had nothing to do with Lakers success since they didn't get to use home court or any benefits from the RS other than making the top 8.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
User avatar
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 15,799
And1: 3,610
Joined: Nov 15, 2005
Location: San Diego
   

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1342 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:53 pm

zimpy27 wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
snaquille oatmeal wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Bradley didn't join bubble because his son is vulnerable to this virus and that means Avery would have had to be away from the whole family for the duration of the bubble. It's too much for some and I think understandable for many who have kids.

Though I understand his decision, I can’t feel bad for him if he didn’t get a ring.
Most military members make these kind of decisions all the time so that kind of separation from family is nothing new to me, with that said, it was always looked down upon when somebody wouldn’t make the deployment.


Well when he signed the contract he probably didn't expect for this to be a part of his role. So it's not quite the same. From his position, his opportunity to play in the playoffs was taken away from him because of COVID-19 and not his commitment to the team.

But also, there's a pretty strong argument that he had nothing to do with Lakers success since they didn't get to use home court or any benefits from the RS other than making the top 8.

true at the time of his contract, but he did have a choice to go or to stay.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Spanish_Laker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,368
And1: 1,767
Joined: Jan 27, 2007
   

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1343 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:37 am

thebigbird wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:Does Avery Bradley get the ring despite quitting on his team?

I personally wouldn’t give him one. He chose to quit and wasn’t in the bubble grinding for a ring. His choice, he’s free to do what he thinks is best for himself and his family, but he wasn’t there when they needed him most.


Me too. The idiots on the Lakers subreddit banned me for 7 days for calling him a "quitter". If you refuse to work, you shouldn't get any salary, let alone any rings. He refused to go to the safest place on Earth LMAO. I want him gone, I'd rather have guys like JR or Dion who stayed for the whole bubble even though they knew they wouldn't play.
Arguably the greatest franchise ever
thebigbird
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,862
And1: 13,072
Joined: Jul 11, 2018
 

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1344 » by thebigbird » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:Does Avery Bradley get the ring despite quitting on his team?

I personally wouldn’t give him one. He chose to quit and wasn’t in the bubble grinding for a ring. His choice, he’s free to do what he thinks is best for himself and his family, but he wasn’t there when they needed him most.


Me too. The idiots on the Lakers subreddit banned me for 7 days for calling him a "quitter". If you refuse to work, you shouldn't get any salary, let alone any rings. He refused to go to the safest place on Earth LMAO. I want him gone, I'd rather have guys like JR or Dion who stayed for the whole bubble even though they knew they wouldn't play.

He didn’t get paid any salary for the bubble games, and the Lakers signed someone to take his place. Like I said, I don’t hold him quitting against him. He did what he thought was best for his family, plus the Lakers still won anyway. But it doesn’t change the fact that he did quit.
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,795
And1: 1,034
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1345 » by stan francisco » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:48 pm

Bradley played a huge part in us winning the regular season. Well earned.

Coaching staff were incredibly patient. Vogel does things in five game spurts, a new lineup for instance. Then they assess, adjust and go with s new improved plan for five games. Repeat.

I thought this passive culture seemed to make them slow to adjust to obvious things early on against POR. It seemed as if they thought it was the RS still. In game three, timeouts and adjustments were quick and crisp (Playoffs style) and they reacted quickly and adjusted wisely. In every series it just seemed more and more impossible to beat us, by the game.

How could the coaching staff get anything less than an A+?

The defensive buy-in he created amongst the players created one of the most impressive NBA defenses I’ve ever watched.

2020-2021
PG: Caruso, Rondo, Bradley
SG: James, Green/KCP, THT
SF: Kuzma, FA, Caroline
PF: Davis, Morris, Cacok
C: Howard, Kostas, FA

Go huge: PG James | SG Kuz | SF Davis | PF Kostas | C Howard

User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 8,984
And1: 2,009
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1346 » by ScHoolBoy B » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 am

Whoa the hate for Avery Bradley is real. He'll be back to winning yall over next season.
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
tamaraw08
Senior
Posts: 609
And1: 126
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
     

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1347 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm

thebigbird wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:
thebigbird wrote:I personally wouldn’t give him one. He chose to quit and wasn’t in the bubble grinding for a ring. His choice, he’s free to do what he thinks is best for himself and his family, but he wasn’t there when they needed him most.


Me too. The idiots on the Lakers subreddit banned me for 7 days for calling him a "quitter". If you refuse to work, you shouldn't get any salary, let alone any rings. He refused to go to the safest place on Earth LMAO. I want him gone, I'd rather have guys like JR or Dion who stayed for the whole bubble even though they knew they wouldn't play.

He didn’t get paid any salary for the bubble games, and the Lakers signed someone to take his place. Like I said, I don’t hold him quitting against him. He did what he thought was best for his family, plus the Lakers still won anyway. But it doesn’t change the fact that he did quit.

I really don't care if he gets a ring or not, what I want to know from you guys is whether they rehire him for next season/s or not. The guy was really good esp his last 2 months here but I just can't trust that he would be fully committed given what happened.
Imagine if KCP and/or Caruso got injured in the bubble. :( Waiters was injured too and I'm not sure he can fill that void either if healthy.
lakerRD
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,824
And1: 828
Joined: May 16, 2007
       

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1348 » by lakerRD » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:45 pm

I’d definitely bring back Bradley. He is a steady regular season player. He is fundamentally sound. Solid defensively. Can hit the outside shot.
Although he didn’t play in the bubble, I think his veteran presence would be good in a playoff atmosphere.

KCP, Bradley, Caruso, and hopefully Rondo is a very good backcourt group.
I’d take that group over CP3 any day.
I’d certainly take it over JR Smith and Waiters.
User avatar
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 15,799
And1: 3,610
Joined: Nov 15, 2005
Location: San Diego
   

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1349 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:50 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Whoa the hate for Avery Bradley is real. He'll be back to winning yall over next season.

It is not hate, just keeping it real. I would love for him to stay on the team next season.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 18,777
And1: 9,203
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: The Finals: Lakers vs Heat 4-2 LAL Wins 2019-2020 Championship!!! 

Post#1350 » by Kilroy » Today 3:09 am

I still can't believe we won the Championship!!!
Image

Return to Los Angeles Lakers