ImageImageImageImageImage

Official trade thread/buy-out market 20-21 edition

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Re: Official trade thread 20-21 edition 

Post#161 » by stan francisco » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:35 pm

Big fat pass on any player under a big contract. Unless of course it’s a perfect total no-brainer, like a complimentary 3&D wing like Klay or a star stretch 5 like Jokic, we’d be better off getting three role players than one expensive third star.

Neither of those two will land here, but that’s the only type of player that could bend me away from wanting to avoid any third star big $ contract.

We need no offense, really. Maintain the level of defense we kept. We need no starting grade play making PG; we need a 3&D PG. Same at the five; we need no Shaq, we need a role player C who plays D like Howard and shoots threes better than Howard.

Wesley Mathews
Josh Jackson
Serge Ibaka

Beats CP3 or DeRozan or Westbrook without doubt. I don’t get why we’d be interested in DMDR.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#162 » by loveshaq786 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:36 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:That wouldn't be the starting line up anyway. We still don't know what Howard is going to do. If we get a guy like Ibaka and have Avery Bradley start at PG which he did during the regular season and Caruso goes to the bench and we sign a SG/SF 3 and D player. We're sitting pretty damn good I would say.

Agreed.... Also if we need to trade DeMar DeRozan mid-season he's much more attractive than Danny Green and kuzma.

I wonder if we can work a three-way to get Ibaka and a second round pick for DeMar DeRozan right away, where ibaka only makes about 10 to 12 million.

There's also other options to flip the DeRozan for Justin holiday and oladipo come to mind. Also Rose and Christian Wood
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#163 » by loveshaq786 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:47 pm

DeMar for lowry sounds great too... Add in kcp and Ibaka.

That's of course, they prefer DeMar to Danny Green and kuz

Otherwise I'd trade danny, kuz, kcp, mcgee and #28.... Fir lowry and Ibaka.... THIS IS THE BEST CASE SCENARIO FOR US, we get another floor general that can shoot the three and is aggressive at the basket while adding a perfect center fit in Ibaka.

Than can sign vanfleet
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#164 » by stan francisco » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:48 am

As long as we don’t end up with a third huge contract and no depth. No need for a third star.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#165 » by stan francisco » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:59 am

loveshaq786 wrote:DeMar for lowry sounds great too... Add in kcp and Ibaka.

That's of course, they prefer DeMar to Danny Green and kuz

Otherwise I'd trade danny, kuz, kcp, mcgee and #28.... Fir lowry and Ibaka.... THIS IS THE BEST CASE SCENARIO FOR US, we get another floor general that can shoot the three and is aggressive at the basket while adding a perfect center fit in Ibaka.

Than can sign vanfleet

Why go via SAS and get a player we don’t want? Why should we have to trade his bloated contract? We’re the champs.

Go straight to TOR.

Wanted:
Any combo of Ibaka, Lowry, FVV, Stanley

Willing to part with including S&T:
Any combo of Green, Cook, JMG, Kuz

There’s a deal in there somewhere, benefitting both teams.

If TOR want DeRozan, let them do it without us.

Again, if we can stay put, we’re the favorite to win it all. We don’t have to do much to remain a contender.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#166 » by mcscotty » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:01 am

stan francisco wrote:As long as we don’t end up with a third huge contract and no depth. No need for a third star.

I agree. Not interested in Derozan. Only so many touches to go around in the starting lineup. It would be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Plus, he has no range on his shot. Just another guy chucking bricks. Not a good fit with Lebron. Spread the money around for depth.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#167 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:49 am

stan francisco wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Serge Ibaka is following the Lakers. I think he's signing with us.

Keeping fingers crossed.

The length of defense with a lineup like: Howard, AD, Ibaka, LBJ, THT ...

It could just be posturing to generate interest / negotiate a better deal. Not getting my hopes up, but would be overjoyed if he signs.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#168 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:11 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:DeMar would be a great addition and the package of Green, McGee, Kuzma seems good value since he could leave the Spurs for nothing if he really wanted to.

PG: LeBron | Rondo | Pick 28
SG: Caruso | Bradley | THT
SF: DeRozan | KCP | Jackson
PF: Davis | Markieff | Kostas
C : Howard | Cousins | Dudley

The spacing in this lineup would be awful. Lebron is the only good 3pt shooter in that lineup. Faults and all, Danny actually spaces the floor and plays decent to good defense. I just don't see the DeRozan fit.

Like many fans here, I was disappointed with Green's shooting % esp the playoffs, everyone remembers that missed 3 pt shot in game 5 but the guy shot 34%, not 24% from 3. Eric Gordon and Oladipo and other SGs last season shot under 32%.
Green was ranked by ESPN'S DRPM 15TH among shooting guards at +1.14 ahead of Jrue Holiday,Oladipo, Powell and Josh Richardson.
I'm not saying he locks up every player he guards but he was instrumental in defending prolific guards of Portland, Houston, Denver etc in the playoffs with a DBPM of +1.5 in the playoffs. When he was on the court, Lakers shot 58% with an ORTG OF 122.5, without him the Lakers shot 54% and 111 ORTG.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#169 » by loveshaq786 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:50 am

Dream off season is to get dinwiddie, Ibaka, and covington.

Dinwiddie for Danny green and #28

Covington for kuz and mcgee (and bradley if they want him and he opts in)

Ibaka for full MLE

We also have KCP TO sign and trade instead of danny green, if they want him. We can trade danny to Toronto and save our MLE
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#170 » by BEazy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:15 am

Well Oladipo is out of the question. He want to stay now according to Shams.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#171 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:50 am

stan francisco wrote:Big fat pass on any player under a big contract. Unless of course it’s a perfect total no-brainer, like a complimentary 3&D wing like Klay or a star stretch 5 like Jokic, we’d be better off getting three role players than one expensive third star.

Neither of those two will land here, but that’s the only type of player that could bend me away from wanting to avoid any third star big $ contract.

We need no offense, really. Maintain the level of defense we kept. We need no starting grade play making PG; we need a 3&D PG. Same at the five; we need no Shaq, we need a role player C who plays D like Howard and shoots threes better than Howard.

Wesley Mathews
Josh Jackson
Serge Ibaka

Beats CP3 or DeRozan or Westbrook without doubt. I don’t get why we’d be interested in DMDR.

Hell yeah bro!!
:rock: :rock: :rock:
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#172 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:52 am

So glad oladipo is out of the running.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#173 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:30 am

Question for the CAP experts out there -

If Deng contract goes off the books + AD, KCP, Bradley and Rondo opt out as reported >> Our Salary number falls to 73m temporarily including Bron, Caruso, McGee, Kuz, THT & Cook's partially guaranteed 1m.

Is it possible to sign Jerami Grant(12-14m) and Justin Holiday(6-8m) straight up into the CAP, before we resign them?

The total salary number jumps to
73+13m(Grant) + MLE 7m(Holiday) = 93m
+ 35m(AD) + 12m(KCP) + 5m (Rondo) + 5m(Bradley) = 150m

That's 18m over the CAP - whoever we can fit into the 9.3+3.6m exceptions - McGee and Cook

Then we sign Boogie, Korver and Dwight on minimums.

PG - Lebron, Caruso, Rondo
SG - Bradley, Green, KCP
SF - Holiday, THT, Korver
PF - Grant, Kuz
C - AD, Boogie, Dwight

Is this scenario possible? Is this similar to what the Warriors did with KD holding off on resigning in 2018?
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#174 » by DNP-Old » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:12 pm

lazybatman wrote:Question for the CAP experts out there -

If Deng contract goes off the books + AD, KCP, Bradley and Rondo opt out as reported >> Our Salary number falls to 73m temporarily including Bron, Caruso, McGee, Kuz, THT & Cook's partially guaranteed 1m.

Is it possible to sign Jerami Grant(12-14m) and Justin Holiday(6-8m) straight up into the CAP, before we resign them?

The total salary number jumps to
73+13m(Grant) + MLE 7m(Holiday) = 93m
+ 35m(AD) + 12m(KCP) + 5m (Rondo) + 5m(Bradley) = 150m

That's 18m over the CAP - whoever we can fit into the 9.3+3.6m exceptions - McGee and Cook

Then we sign Boogie, Korver and Dwight on minimums.

PG - Lebron, Caruso, Rondo
SG - Bradley, Green, KCP
SF - Holiday, THT, Korver
PF - Grant, Kuz
C - AD, Boogie, Dwight

Is this scenario possible? Is this similar to what the Warriors did with KD holding off on resigning in 2018?

Sadly, no. The league puts "cap holds" on the teams free agents. AD's hold is about 35m and KCP's is about 15m. The hold remains until the player resigns (then the new actual contract number is used), the player signs with another team, or the player's rights are renounced (the team gives up the player's bird rights).
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#175 » by lazybatman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:55 am

DNP-Old wrote:Sadly, no. The league puts "cap holds" on the teams free agents. AD's hold is about 35m and KCP's is about 15m. The hold remains until the player resigns (then the new actual contract number is used), the player signs with another team, or the player's rights are renounced (the team gives up the player's bird rights).

I'm silently hating you right now mate :evil: :evil:

And a sign and trade triggers a hard cap.. the walls closing in on me fast. :noway: :noway: :noway:
bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#176 » by bb22 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:35 pm

mcscotty wrote:
stan francisco wrote:As long as we don’t end up with a third huge contract and no depth. No need for a third star.

I agree. Not interested in Derozan. Only so many touches to go around in the starting lineup. It would be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Plus, he has no range on his shot. Just another guy chucking bricks. Not a good fit with Lebron. Spread the money around for depth.

Ya no sense in having another mid-range scorer that will take the ball away from AD. Also not a good defender and psychologically weak for his expectations. He would end up being another over-payed dude giving you average role player numbers with horrid 3pt %. He would provide a lot of free-throws and more production in the half-court, though.
mcscotty
Rookie

Post#177 » by mcscotty » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:55 am

If the Rockets blow it up, PJ Tucker should become our next trade target. Perfect fit for this team.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#178 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 am

mcscotty wrote:If the Rockets blow it up, PJ Tucker should become our next trade target. Perfect fit for this team.

Over covington?

Can either be had for mcgee and kuzma?
mcscotty
Rookie

Post#179 » by mcscotty » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:09 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
mcscotty wrote:If the Rockets blow it up, PJ Tucker should become our next trade target. Perfect fit for this team.

Over covington?

Can either be had for mcgee and kuzma?

Tucker has a lower salary, so it would be easier to facilitate trade, while taking up less cap space. He also has a better three and can guard 3 positions. He's 35, so only win now teams are going to be interested. I feel we'd have as good a shot as anyone at landing him. Kuzma and filler definitely gets it done. Mcgee and THT would probably work, too.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#180 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:16 am

I figured it out -

1. Resign Rondo(very tricky), KCP, Boogie & Dwight for whatever. I would like Bradley to stay very much, but whatever..

2. Godfather offer Trades / FA Signings - I just like these three guys better than DeRozan, Oladipo, CP3, Schroeder, Bledsoe, Galinari kinda guys due to consistent availability and defensive identity. None of them are a drag on offense either.

- Jerami Grant S&T for Green straight up $15m
- Justin Holiday - 7m-full MLE (He only had a 4m contract last year, but someone's sure to throw that much at him after the 42% 3fg year he had. Elite tall wing defender)
- PJ Tucker for Kuz + McGee
(We don't owe PJ crap, but he gets a chance to kick Fertita in the nuts while winning a chip. Great value guy, who should wanna win a chip if he's not gonna get paid anyway. If we win, he gets an extended deal with a ring. About the best he can do at this point.)

3. Minimums - Wes Matthews, Korver / Belinelli, DJ Augustin / Teague

4. Waive Cook

5. If KCP wants more than 13m, and that number works for Bertans - Trade him with a 'Thank You' note. Bertans is the better player now, and has a way higher upside around Lebron and Rondo.

I think Pelinka's gotta walk into that meeting for KCP, after having a commitment from Bertans / Gallo, just to keep Rich Paul honest, or they walk away with a 4Y / 75m kinda BS deal which is an absolute bag of crap about to blow up in our faces.

Closing lineup -
Caruso / Rondo - Augustin / Teague
Holiday - KCP - Korver
Lebron - Korver - Dud
Grant - PJ Tucker - Wes
AD - Boogie - Dwight

This lineup will destroy teams on D, and we won't have a weakness on offense, except Dwight.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers