ImageImageImageImageImage

No Rumors Reality Check

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

No Rumors Reality Check 

Post#1 » by thomas1897 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:50 pm

List the best players to wrap around Lebron & Anthony Davis that can improve this team to another level. Remember the Lakers were playing very well before the bubble. However, the Clippers & Milwaukee were better. Miami and Denver played on the fringes. These teams have a lot of young strong powerful legged studs to run all day and night; these teams can put the ball in the basket too. So what are the real possibilities to get some very good talent with experience and take the Lakers to another level(realistically). This is a reality check 2021 no nonsense. Please post some answers that are helpful. Lebron is not getting any younger and Anthony Davis needs help now.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,614

Re: No Rumors Reality Check 

Post#2 » by Kingdibs19 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Buddy Hield
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#3 » by stan francisco » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:08 pm

PG Trey Young, SG Klay, SF Bertans, C Adams; even though all are pipe dreams at this point. Trey Young would be an interesting fit and an explosive threat together with AD when LBJ slows down. So would Brandon Ingram in a playmaking SF role.

We don’t need playmaking right now as LBJ, Rondo, AD, Caruso is enough still. Defensively, we played some of the best defense ever seen, so as long as we don’t get worse on that end due to trades, I’m fine.

Josh Jackson would be a good defensive wing to add.

Defense!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:38 pm

Kingdibs19 wrote:Buddy Hield

Yeah, I'm starting to think a Kuzma for Hield swap with fillers is about the best option to get some kind of return for Kuz... And it might just be a big upside, low risk move...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#5 » by PKABOOICU » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:05 pm

Brian Windhorst is saying that the Lakers supposedly have a deal in place for Derrick Rose.
My guess is that Kuzma and McGee would go to Detroit, considering its Kuzma's home town, while the Lakers are in need of a scoring guard.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,833

Post#6 » by Beethoven » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:51 pm

We're losing a lot of defense for rose but hopefully pelinka will sign harkless or ombre or see if we can get jerami
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#7 » by Jedi32 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Rose is washed no thank you
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#8 » by DanishLakerFan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:10 am

I wouldn't mind Derrick Rose at all. He's a slasher which we havent had in a long time.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#9 » by Kobe System » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:28 am

Rose is trash.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#10 » by DanishLakerFan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:27 am

Rose has been sneakily good these past couple of seasons.

Per36:
Rose: 25.1ppg, 3.4rpg, 7.7apg, 1.1spg, 0.4bpg. 1.2 3s/game at 31%, 3.9 FT/game at 87%.
Rondo: 12.5ppg, 5.2rpg, 8.8apg, 1.5spg, 0.1bpg. 1.5 3s/game at 33%, 1.5 FT/game at 66%.

All the advanced stats have Rose as the more impactfull player in the 19-20 regular season.

He's 7th overall in drives per game despite playing less then all the other top guys. This is something we've missed quite a bit this past few seasons. Rose is also the most frequent pick and roll ball-handler in the game and he's in the 73rd percentile in that area.

Defensively he's been as much of a negative as Rondo.

Rose clearly has been better throughout the regular season than Rondo, but Rondo was really good in the playoffs and the question is whether or not you think Rose is able to play at the level of his 19-20-regular season AND if you think Rondo can play at the level he played at during the playoffs.

We dont really know the answer to this, but Rose has been relatively consistent for two seasons and there's no reason to think he wouldn't be able to carry that level of production into the playoffs, which wouldn't be much of a downgrade from "playoff-Rondo" and given that he brings slashing and a high level of pick-and-roll ballhandling into the mix its not a bad plan b if Rondo decides to leave.
zuju
Senior
And1: 121

Post#11 » by zuju » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:08 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:Rose has been sneakily good these past couple of seasons.

Per36:
Rose: 25.1ppg, 3.4rpg, 7.7apg, 1.1spg, 0.4bpg. 1.2 3s/game at 31%, 3.9 FT/game at 87%.
Rondo: 12.5ppg, 5.2rpg, 8.8apg, 1.5spg, 0.1bpg. 1.5 3s/game at 33%, 1.5 FT/game at 66%.

All the advanced stats have Rose as the more impactfull player in the 19-20 regular season.

He's 7th overall in drives per game despite playing less then all the other top guys. This is something we've missed quite a bit this past few seasons. Rose is also the most frequent pick and roll ball-handler in the game and he's in the 73rd percentile in that area.

Defensively he's been as much of a negative as Rondo.

Rose clearly has been better throughout the regular season than Rondo, but Rondo was really good in the playoffs and the question is whether or not you think Rose is able to play at the level of his 19-20-regular season AND if you think Rondo can play at the level he played at during the playoffs.

We dont really know the answer to this, but Rose has been relatively consistent for two seasons and there's no reason to think he wouldn't be able to carry that level of production into the playoffs, which wouldn't be much of a downgrade from "playoff-Rondo" and given that he brings slashing and a high level of pick-and-roll ballhandling into the mix its not a bad plan b if Rondo decides to leave.

The question is whether Rose can play under pressure. He is not a floor general as Rondo is.
While stats can give you some idea, past experience tell us Rose does not fit Lebron.
If we are to trade for a guard / forward using DG and Kuzma, I hope that player be younger and can grow with AD.

My reality scenario: Sign Josh Jackson, Harry Giles, Cousins, Trade Mcgee and Cook, Not retaining Dudley (if his impact in the locker room is much needed, may retain) waiter & JR, Keep: KCP, Bradley, Rondo, DH and Morris

Don't know if Cousins will be too slow, if possible, signing Ibaka may be even better. I am leaning towards keeping most of our team intact rather than breaking it up to maintain consistency going into the next season.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Beethoven » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:36 pm

Yeah as exciting as rose sounds and making interesting trades, I have an unsettling feeling about letting go kuzma and green for rose. I feel it is going to bite us in the behind later.

I think really if there isn't a no-brainer trade out there, we should just run it back (make sure we retain kcp and rondo) bc
Kuzma 2021 >= kuzma 2020 due to the PO experience and stress and criticism he had to endure.
I also think green may have a better year this next season as well.
But we can't deny those two add lengthy defense to our schemes. We can't rid them for a buddyh or rose.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#13 » by lazybatman » Sun Nov 1, 2020 6:31 pm

Beethoven wrote:Yeah as exciting as rose sounds and making interesting trades, I have an unsettling feeling about letting go kuzma and green for rose. I feel it is going to bite us in the behind later.

I think really if there isn't a no-brainer trade out there, we should just run it back (make sure we retain kcp and rondo) bc
Kuzma 2021 >= kuzma 2020 due to the PO experience and stress and criticism he had to endure.
But we can't deny those two add lengthy defense to our schemes. We can't rid them for a buddyh or rose.

Agreed about Rose. Our goto Superpower was defense this year, and that move sacrifices a lot of it for not necessarily the best fit in terms of offense. Off ball elite scorers who can play off Rondo / Lebron or elite defenders who don't clog the paint would be the way to go.

I'm throwing them out there for FVV, Ibaka, Bertans, Galinari, Heild kinda players only. Also would like us to upgrade to Whiteside at Center. I find Dwight just so stupid.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Beethoven » Sun Nov 1, 2020 9:38 pm

I agree about Dwight but I'm not too certain Whiteside is any better
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#15 » by Spens1 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 1:48 am

on Rose, i don't think Kuz is going in that, i wouldn't be shocked if we got Rose for the 28th. He's good but Detroit is in tank mode and probably needs the pick more.
zuju
Senior

Post#16 » by zuju » Mon Nov 2, 2020 5:25 am

lazybatman wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Yeah as exciting as rose sounds and making interesting trades, I have an unsettling feeling about letting go kuzma and green for rose. I feel it is going to bite us in the behind later.

Agreed about Rose. Our goto Superpower was defense this year, and that move sacrifices a lot of it for not necessarily the best fit in terms of offense. Off ball elite scorers who can play off Rondo / Lebron or elite defenders who don't clog the paint would be the way to go.

I'm throwing them out there for FVV, Ibaka, Bertans, Galinari, Heild kinda players only. Also would like us to upgrade to Whiteside at Center. I find Dwight just so stupid.

Yes, Dwight is reckless at times. However, who else in the league could contain or even own Jokic and Embiidon nightly basis ? Without him, we may already be in trouble against Denver. He is probably the best you can get from your back up center who is a traditional 5 and super good in defense

If you are to look for upgrade. move McGee for another options. Cousins, TT, Ibaka or whiteside etc are all viable choices. Among them, Cousins is the one meeting our financial needs the best and having a skill set best complementing AD. The concern will be his condition and athleticism which shall be evaluated before signing him.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#17 » by Kilroy » Mon Nov 2, 2020 8:30 am

You're not 'losing kuzma for rose'... You're getting whatever you can for Kuzma rather than letting him walk for nothing as a free agent. He's just about due for his next big contract, and I don't think we have any intention of paying it, so...

Basically, Kuzma has to get traded before the deadline, or he's going to become a FA and pfft....
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
zuju
Senior

Post#18 » by zuju » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:28 am

Kilroy wrote:You're not 'losing kuzma for rose'... You're getting whatever you can for Kuzma rather than letting him walk for nothing as a free agent. He's just about due for his next big contract, and I don't think we have any intention of paying it, so...

Basically, Kuzma has to get traded before the deadline, or he's going to become a FA and pfft....

Not sayingng we should not trade Kuz, instead, its about the return

After the playoff run and the Champ, Kuz's value rised. We could definitely find a better fit than rose in the market.

Some are also considering a trade in the mid season when his stock rise further, which I do not totally agree to. Time is required to build chemistry

What is Kuz's cap hit next season and whether we could retain him over the cap , sort of birds right stuff ? I do not prefer going into this situation, for 1 Kuz is not very smart out there with upside questionable at age 26, notwithstanding his growth in the past season, and 2, other teams may offer poison contract to lure him walk from us.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#19 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 2, 2020 12:28 pm

Beethoven wrote:I agree about Dwight but I'm not too certain Whiteside is any better

Whiteside is more disciplined, which is 70% of my problem with Dwight. Has a 12-14 ft jumper so the defender doesn't completely cheat off him. Also a better rebounder and elite rim protector and more nimble switch defender than 34 year old Dwight.

Man on man, he was taking Dwight and AD's lunch money in the post for the first 2.5 games of that Blazers series, till Vogel went small ball.

He's(or Dwight) are good for a 5 mil sign and trade for McGee, but not worth wasting any exceptions. An exception should only come into play for an elite role player like Ibaka as a big.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#20 » by Spens1 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 1:28 pm

Kilroy wrote:You're not 'losing kuzma for rose'... You're getting whatever you can for Kuzma rather than letting him walk for nothing as a free agent. He's just about due for his next big contract, and I don't think we have any intention of paying it, so...

surely we could get a proper S.G upgrade if we put him with Green (not sure how it would work but Fournier would be a top target or maybe Oladipo depending on his value at the moment after his last season). Either one would provide us with a solid third option and if we got Dipo for Green + Kuzma + extras then we'd be set to repeat.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers