Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Re: No Rumors Reality Check 

Post#21 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 2, 2020 1:46 pm

zuju wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Yeah as exciting as rose sounds and making interesting trades, I have an unsettling feeling about letting go kuzma and green for rose. I feel it is going to bite us in the behind later.

I think really if there isn't a no-brainer trade out there, we should just run it back (make sure we retain kcp and rondo) bc
Kuzma 2021 >= kuzma 2020 due to the PO experience and stress and criticism he had to endure.
I also think green may have a better year this next season as well.
But we can't deny those two add lengthy defense to our schemes. We can't rid them for a buddyh or rose.

Agreed about Rose. Our goto Superpower was defense this year, and that move sacrifices a lot of it for not necessarily the best fit in terms of offense. Off ball elite scorers who can play off Rondo / Lebron or elite defenders who don't clog the paint would be the way to go.

I'm throwing them out there for FVV, Ibaka, Bertans, Galinari, Heild kinda players only. Also would like us to upgrade to Whiteside at Center. I find Dwight just so stupid.

Yes, Dwight is reckless at times. However, who else in the league could contain or even own Jokic and Embiidon nightly basis ? Without him, we may already be in trouble against Denver. He is probably the best you can get from your back up center who is a traditional 5 and super good in defense

If you are to look for upgrade. move McGee for another options. Cousins, TT, Ibaka or whiteside etc are all viable choices. Among them, Cousins is the one meeting our financial needs the best and having a skill set best complementing AD. The concern will be his condition and athleticism which shall be evaluated before signing him.

Oh, I'm counting on Boogie being back.. lol. Absolutely love the guy.

Ibaka would a huge step towards further cementing our odds to win next year, if we can resign KCP, Rondo and Bradley successfully without having to use the MLE. Stretch bigs like Boogie and Ibaka are gonna truly unlock our offense without the need to go small.

Ibaka is a monster on defense too, and is capable of having the occasional 25 pt night. Boogie is an elite rebounder with high IQ who can be an offense unto himself(Health willing of course).

Dwight can't own Jokic and Embiid. He has no offense except putbacks and lobs. On defense, he troubled Jokic in the bubble warm up game and Game 1 of WCF cos of the physicality. Jokic had his limitations figured after that and he was back to 13 minutes a night for the final 4 games. Qualitatively, Ibaka is a way better defensive and offensive upgrade - can play stretch big and PF with Boogie, if we wanna stay big in AD's bench minutes.

I'd be feeling quietly confident if we add Korver and Bellineli on minimums and Ibaka(MLE + McGee sign and trade in the region of 15-17 mil) this off season. Fine print - don't lose Green or any of our defensive core.

Bertans / Gallo would be an icing. The tradeoff for Green's defense is a bit of gamble I'll take for that game changing level of shooting which should be easy pickings for Rondo and Lebron.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#22 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 3, 2020 5:57 pm

Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#23 » by Beethoven » Tue Nov 3, 2020 6:08 pm

Dude i hope cousins does come back but also abstain from another freak injury after a
torn Achilles
Torn quadricep
Torn ACL

he pretty much suffered through bball's triumvirate of career-altering injuries..
I mean, what else can he majorly tear??

Let's hope he gets back to at least above 50% ability. We don't need athleticism from him really, we got enough athleticism in the frontcourt.

We can use him sort of cerebrally like a jokic or something.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#24 » by DNP-Old » Tue Nov 3, 2020 6:42 pm

My two cents...
Obviously resign Davis for the max for as many years as he wants. I would let Howard and Rondo walk and waive Cook. I would sign Brad Wanamaker with the Bi-Ann Exception (two years, 2nd yr team option). Give half the Non-Tax Exception to Harry Giles and half to Justin Holiday (both two years, 2nd yr team option). Sign Cousins with his bird rights starting at 4.2m (two years, 2nd yr player option). Trade Kuzma to Philly for picks 34 and 36 in this years draft (push comes to shove I would take 34 and 49). I would draft Josh Green at 28 if available, which I doubt, otherwise I would take CJ Elleby. I would take Immanuel Quickly and either Paul Reed or Nick Richards with the Philly picks. If LAL is successful in getting Deng off their books, it would leave them approximately 15m below the tax line which I would offer to KCP on a one year deal.
So I am basically replacing Howard with Cousins and Giles, Rondo with Bradley and Wanamaker, and Kuzma with Holiday and THT and running it back.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#25 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 4, 2020 1:31 am

Just IMO... Cousins doesn't look all that good in that video... I'd love to have him back and I'm sure we're going to be one of the few teams interested, but that video tempers my expectations a bit... Like maybe instead of a replacement for Howard, he's more of a replacement for McGee...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#26 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 4, 2020 9:22 am

Kilroy wrote:Just IMO... Cousins doesn't look all that good in that video... I'd love to have him back and I'm sure we're going to be one of the few teams interested, but that video tempers my expectations a bit... Like maybe instead of a replacement for Howard, he's more of a replacement for McGee...

I see DMC as a third stringer C behind Howard and Kostas, or McGee and Kostas.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#27 » by Dmagic » Thu Nov 5, 2020 2:37 am

Spens1 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:You're not 'losing kuzma for rose'... You're getting whatever you can for Kuzma rather than letting him walk for nothing as a free agent. He's just about due for his next big contract, and I don't think we have any intention of paying it, so...

Basically, Kuzma has to get traded before the deadline, or he's going to become a FA and pfft....

surely we could get a proper S.G upgrade if we put him with Green (not sure how it would work but Fournier would be a top target or maybe Oladipo depending on his value at the moment after his last season). Either one would provide us with a solid third option and if we got Dipo for Green + Kuzma + extras then we'd be set to repeat.

fournier is soft and horrible on defense you dont want him playing under that pressure
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#28 » by Dmagic » Thu Nov 5, 2020 2:38 am

tim hardaway jr beal devin booker any of those or two
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#29 » by Kilroy » Fri Nov 6, 2020 12:22 am

Can Devin Booker play a role? He's got star aspirations... Can he take a back seat to AD and Bron?

If he could, I'd be all over it... Dude's a killer on offense and has the athleticism to be a killer on D too.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#30 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 6, 2020 12:48 pm

We don't have a package to trade for an allstar. Free agents are our best bet by far. Even trades for good role players will probably cost us the 28th pick, Kuz or THT. Let's keep it real.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#31 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Nov 6, 2020 6:47 pm

Cousins is done. Proof of life is required at this point to change the thinking.
I'm goin Ibaka. We retain the interior advantage that many teams complained about during the playoffs, possibly on the cheap.

Keep our guards. Rondo, Caruso, kcp, bradley. They each have specific powers that when put together, can be equivalent to a single super hero do it all guard.

Kuzma...well, in a league full of tweeners weve gotta make a decision. Denver and Miami and tons of teams are full of tweeners. We need to fix this area to combat the onslaught of small ball we will face this season. 4 and 5 is locked up. But well either need Kuz to step his game up, or find a tweener replacement.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 7, 2020 8:13 pm

I don't think cousins is done. I believe he'll be good for small spurts in 2nd and 3rd quarters and Vogel can definitely have another game plan revolved around him in the playoffs for certain matchups. I think he'll be key in our lineup and won't get majorly injured again.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#33 » by Slink » Mon Nov 9, 2020 8:56 pm

A Chris Paul buyout so he can join the Lakers? The source is Kendrick Perkins so take that how you like.

“To be honest, I think the Lakers are going to lose Rondo. I really do. I think the Lakers are going to land Chris Paul, I think Rondo is going to be with the Clippers and I think y’all gonna lose Playoff Rondo. That’s the guy I think y’all are going to lose. … We all know how great of friends LeBron James and Chris Paul are. Chris Paul has been on record this offseason saying that his destinations are the Lakers in L.A. or with New York. And I think he’s going to be a Laker. I’m telling you. I can see it happening right now, with him and Sam Presti possibly coming up with a buyout if they can’t come together and get a trade done. I’m like 85% sure Chris Paul will be a Laker next year.”

https://lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-kendrick-perkins-predicts-lakers-lose-rajon-rondo-in-free-agency-trade-for-chris-paul/2020/11/08/
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Beethoven » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:10 am

Nov 20th official free agency starts
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Beethoven » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Priorities check:
1) re sign Rondo KCP
2) RE SIGN RONDO KCP a must!!
3) when the dust settles financially, bring in a 3 and D wing/power forward hustle team system guy
> Oubre Jr
> Ibaka
> Harkless
> Etc
Bring in holiday IF WE LOSE RONDO

^
Do whatever you can to achieve the above w kuzma javale cook dwight and/or THT (sorry guys but he'll blossom somewhere else but he is not going to be a star here (if he becomes a star. And that's a big if)
4) Keep Bradley please.
5) try to re obtain boogie if we lose both dwight and javale. Try to re obtain him nevertheless.

&&&&

DO NOT MESS W THIS TEAM BY DISMANTLING IT TO BRING IN CP3 or oladipo!!! We will regret it.
Also X on gallinari
X on rose
X on Levine ...basically,
X on any soft, one-dimensional, offensively-minded, standing around without the ball, guys who cannot buy into a gritty disciplined team defense for a whole YEAR.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#36 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:01 am

Don't think we can get Booker or Beal without Lebron or A.D so its a non starter.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers