ImageImageImageImageImage

Round off the roster now.. Let's take it home!!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Re: Round off the roster now.. Let's take it home!! 

Post#41 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 am

Beethoven wrote:Let's do this we are good let's go make a run for the 2nd championship !!

2nd championship?

Where have you been Bro?

Don't you mean 18? hahahah
Bring back Defense
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,966

Post#42 » by Liam_Gallagher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:47 pm

G - James [35]/Schröder [30]
G - Caldwell-Pope [28]/Caruso [22]/Horton-Tucker
F - Matthews [18]/McKinnie
F - Davis [37]/Kuzma [24]Morris/Bell
C - Gasol [18]/Harrell [28]

6:00 left in 1st: Schröder in for James, Harrell in for Gasol (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 1st: James in for Matthews, Caruso in for Caldwell-Pope (Schröder, Caruso, James, Davis, Harrell)

12:00 left in 2nd: Kuzma in for Davis (Schröder, Caruso, James, Kuzma, Harrell)
6:00 left in 2nd: Davis in for James, Caldwell-Pope in for Caruso (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Kuzma, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 2nd: James in for Schröder, Gasol in for Harrell (James, Caldwell-Pope, Kuzma, Davis, Gasol)

12:00 left in 3rd: Matthews in for Kuzma (James, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, Davis, Gasol)
6:00 left in 3rd: Schröder in for James, Harrell in for Gasol (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 3rd: James in for Matthews, Caruso in for Caldwell-Pope (Schröder, Caruso, James, Davis, Harrell)

12:00 left in 4th: Kuzma in for Davis (Schröder, Caruso, James, Kuzma, Harrell)
6:00 left in 4th: Davis in for James, Caldwell-Pope in for Caruso (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Kuzma, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 4th: James in for Harrell, Caruso in for Kuzma (Schröder, Caruso, Caldwell-Pope, James, Davis)
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,284

Post#43 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:G - James [35]/Schröder [30]

6:00 left in 1st: Schröder in for James, Harrell in for Gasol (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 1st: James in for Matthews, Caruso in for Caldwell-Pope (Schröder, Caruso, James, Davis, Harrell)

6:00 left in 2nd: Davis in for James, Caldwell-Pope in for Caruso (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Kuzma, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 2nd: James in for Schröder, Gasol in for Harrell (James, Caldwell-Pope, Kuzma, Davis, Gasol)

12:00 left in 3rd: Matthews in for Kuzma (James, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, Davis, Gasol)
6:00 left in 3rd: Schröder in for James, Harrell in for Gasol (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 3rd: James in for Matthews, Caruso in for Caldwell-Pope (Schröder, Caruso, James, Davis, Harrell)

6:00 left in 4th: Davis in for James, Caldwell-Pope in for Caruso (Schröder, Caldwell-Pope, Kuzma, Davis, Harrell)
3:00 left in 4th: James in for Harrell, Caruso in for Kuzma (Schröder, Caruso, Caldwell-Pope, James, Davis)

It's a pretty good division of minutes esp for the playoffs.. .but it's still, 37 minutes for AD and 35 mins for Lebron?
I think it would be wise to manage the minutes of the 2 allstars and give more mins to Schroeder and Morris. Harrell(from 28-33).
I would not put back James back with 9 mins left in the first quarter (this happened last season, I know) and instead let Schroeder and Harrell run their screen/rolls.
I don't think it's going to be pretty early esp on offense as Vogel would really focus on establishing their defensive systems early.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,966

Post#44 » by Liam_Gallagher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:37 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:

It's a pretty good division of minutes esp for the playoffs.. .but it's still, 37 minutes for AD and 35 mins for Lebron?
I think it would be wise to manage the minutes of the 2 allstars and give more mins to Schroeder and Morris. Harrell(from 28-33).
I would not put back James back with 9 mins left in the first quarter (this happened last season, I know) and instead let Schroeder and Harrell run their screen/rolls.
I don't think it's going to be pretty early esp on offense as Vogel would really focus on establishing their defensive systems early.

I should’ve specified that this is more of a playoff rotation and when everyone’s healthy - obviously it’s rare to have everyone healthy in the same game. Also, Morris probably gets minutes in most regular season games especially with James’ minutes going down.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#45 » by lazybatman » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:17 am

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

I should’ve specified that this is more of a playoff rotation and when everyone’s healthy - obviously it’s rare to have everyone healthy in the same game. Also, Morris probably gets minutes in most regular season games especially with James’ minutes going down.

I like this lineup. I think that is our strongest closing lineup on paper right now with a toss up between KCP/Caruso and Gasol/Harrell, based on matchups.

Few adjustments -

- I thought Caruso took a giant leap on ball handling and distribution during the playoffs. Dude's the rare combination of cojones and IQ. I'd like to see him play extended minutes to the tune of 30-35, at least for the first half of the season games as the starting combo guard next to Bron, and then sprinkled all around with Schroeder and Lebron. I think he's a couple of steps away from becoming a Franchise Bulldog like Marcus Smart for Celtics.

- If Schroeder's coming off the bench, I think Caruso, Wes and KCP may end up playing a lot more minutes against elite guard lineups like Houston, Blazers, Suns, GSW and small ball in general, which isn't really a bad thing. Unless, THT makes the jump, we're a bit thin on guard rotations, specially in this Covid marred season.

- Also, 24 mins for Kuz is a little rich. Unless Rob wants to feature him on offense for a flip around the deadline, he better find a 3 pt shot, if he wants more than 6-8 minutes on this squad. Everyone, except McKinney and Morris on some nights, is superior to him on this roster now. He's gonna stick out like a sore thumb on this roster, if he doesn't improve, and lose any remaining value he has on the trade block.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#46 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:59 pm

lazybatman wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:I think we will miss the energy and athleticism of Dwight on both offense and defense and the way it affects his teammates, however I'm pretty sure overall D will improve in the half court and passing on offense if Gasol stays healthy.

I do wonder if we have any big bodies in the D league hopper who could end up being a two way contract insurance policy for health though.

Kostas. Give him minutes all season and he’ll be beasting it come the post season. I have very high hopes.

You awfully high on Kostas Stan :D :D .. post some videos bro

I know that it’s highlights, but enough said.

https://youtu.be/jEe1DPm1BG8

Like Stu says. If he shows me once that he can do it, it’s just a matter of time and effort until he can do it consistently. Imagine him playing like that every night. We won’t need his brother in a couple of years with him and AD (even if LBJ plays in a wheel chair).
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#47 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:20 pm

stan francisco wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Kostas. Give him minutes all season and he’ll be beasting it come the post season. I have very high hopes.

Like Stu says. If he shows me once that he can do it, it’s just a matter of time and effort until he can do it consistently. Imagine him playing like that every night. We won’t need his brother in a couple of years with him and AD (even if LBJ plays in a wheel chair).

Thanks mate.. saw some more vids. Kid is special. If he's even 70% of his brother, he should be amazing for us. But, AD would need great scoring / playmaking guards to really thrive and contend.

I don't get the Giannis fit with the Lakers. With the Warriors - sure, but not so sure with the Lakers. That much talent on any team will make them obvious contenders, and you can trust them to figure it out, but I just don't get an organic feel to it. I see him playing better around Steph / Dame / Luka kinda guys than Giannis. And the same can be said about Giannis.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#48 » by heezyo2o » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:51 pm

When people were mentioning Kostas, I thought they were talking about Kosta Koufos. I thought yeah that's a solid backup.

The Giannis brother though, yeah I don't expect him to see the floor
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#49 » by Kilroy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:38 am

heezyo2o wrote:When people were mentioning Kostas, I thought they were talking about Kosta Koufos. I thought yeah that's a solid backup.

The Giannis brother though, yeah I don't expect him to see the floor

He saw the floor last season... No reason to expect he won't this season...

He's got a ton of raw talent and athleticism... His skills and instincts aren't quite there yet, but it's a solid move to keep him around and see what happens. Just a small skill and instinct improvement could mean a huge leap in on court production just based on his raw tools...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#50 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:49 am

stan francisco wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Many fans like me are always fascinated by very athletic bigs but let’s not forget about guys like Stromile Swift, Hakeem Warrick, Tyrus Thomas etc etc, youtube might have videos about them too. I’m not saying he’s a bust but there’s so much more to it than athleticism, Marc Gasol is one great example who can’t jump high etc
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#51 » by heezyo2o » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:56 am

Kilroy wrote:He saw the floor last season... No reason to expect he won't this season...

He's got a ton of raw talent and athleticism... His skills and instincts aren't quite there yet, but it's a solid move to keep him around and see what happens. Just a small skill and instinct improvement could mean a huge leap in on court production just based on his raw tools...

Barring injury, who sits in place of Kostas or when else would they bring him up from the g league?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#52 » by stan francisco » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:20 am

This guy is nothing like Tyrus Thomas. Kostas has a brain, and a natural feel for the game.

I was quietly hoping Kostas would develop before his big bro became a FA. It seems he will. That way we could rely on Lil bro to produce as a stretch five instead for cheap; and sign Klay or another star SG.

Even with Klay down for a few seasons there will be plenty of options over the next few years. Bradley Beal, Trey Young...
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#53 » by zuju » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:24 am

A question regarding salary cap space
Now that we have only 1 Vet Min Salary cap space left.
If we sign someone on a vet min deal in the mid season, Will the cap space count as half of amount of a vet min deal or a full vet min deal?
That is, if we keep this roster unchanged until after all star break, do we have the cap space to sign 2 players on vet min deals respectively?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#54 » by Kilroy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:34 am

heezyo2o wrote:
Kilroy wrote:He saw the floor last season... No reason to expect he won't this season...

Barring injury, who sits in place of Kostas or when else would they bring him up from the g league?

Well, he's a Forward, so Lebron and Kuzma... Just like last year... Short season, everyone needs rest.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#55 » by zimpy27 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 am

Glenn Robinson 3 should be the guy to be backup SF.

- Same age as AD
- Athletic - slam dunk champion
- Can shoot 40% from 3
- Had best defensive season under Vogel in Indy

Could be as good or better than Derrick Jones jr in right system.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#56 » by BEazy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 am

We need to focus on GRIII and a center.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by zimpy27 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:38 am

Damn.. the Kings were more appealing to GR3 than the Lakers. That's going to be a killer, he will have a great year.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#58 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:57 am

stan francisco wrote:This guy is nothing like Tyrus Thomas. Kostas has a brain, and a natural feel for the game.

I was quietly hoping Kostas would develop before his big bro became a FA. It seems he will. That way we could rely on Lil bro to produce as a stretch five instead for cheap; and sign Klay or another star SG.

Even with Klay down for a few seasons there will be plenty of options over the next few years. Bradley Beal, Trey Young...

A 6-10 freakishly athletic player who has a brain and great feel for the game and 29 teams with scouting staff chose to not sign him esp the Bucks which are desperately trying to lock up his brother? So why did Rob took that long to give him his “2-way contract”? Again I hope he is that good for the Lakers sake.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#59 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:25 am

zimpy27 wrote:Damn.. the Kings were more appealing to GR3 than the Lakers. That's going to be a killer, he will have a great year.

My guess would be the playing time. Just a guess....but not alot of meat left on the bones once LBJ eats.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#60 » by zimpy27 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:29 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Damn.. the Kings were more appealing to GR3 than the Lakers. That's going to be a killer, he will have a great year.

My guess would be the playing time. Just a guess....but not alot of meat left on the bones once LBJ eats.

Yeah looking at Kings roster and it's a good possibility that he gets starter minutes at SF.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers