ImageImageImageImageImage

Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team??

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, TyCobb

Marrrcuss
Senior
Posts: 517
And1: 330
Joined: Oct 23, 2020
     

Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#1 » by Marrrcuss » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:26 pm

I think we do need another wing defender. I also think Gasol will not help us during Clipper games.

Actually, i think he should only be in when Zubac is in.

Yours?
ROballer
Head Coach
Posts: 7,353
And1: 1,422
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#2 » by ROballer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:53 pm

What we do need is these recency bias takes to **** end. That's it, not a thing more.


You see guys on the GB calling the Clippers better because we didn't beat them in a series, like it's our fault they choked like little bitches in the playoffs and so on.


This team had 2 months off only. 5 out of 11 guys in the rotation are new(THT included), Lebron and Davis barely played in the preseason so they're not up to their usual selfs....and we had the **** ring ceremony.



I mean just look at their faces during that, you think they cared at all about last night? We dug ourself into a 22 point hole in the first quarter, we came back despite our top 2 guys playing like **** and George being actually decent and not his usual self **** mode we know he will be in the playoffs.

We actually got beat up worse in the season opener last year and look how the season ended up in the end.


People need to stop. Let the team play 20-30 games before making any assumptions.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
MarxyLebronist
Junior
Posts: 459
And1: 232
Joined: Nov 30, 2020

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#3 » by MarxyLebronist » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Last night was a major win for one reason: THT is fully in the rotation.
The main downside: so is Kuzma.
Basketball is the opiate of the masses
-Karl Marx, a Lakers fan
User avatar
Beethoven
Analyst
Posts: 3,465
And1: 1,394
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#4 » by Beethoven » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:47 pm

ROballer wrote:What we do need is these recency bias takes to **** end. That's it, not a thing more.


You see guys on the GB calling the Clippers better because we didn't beat them in a series, like it's our fault they choked like little bitches in the playoffs and so on.


This team had 2 months off only. 5 out of 11 guys in the rotation are new(THT included), Lebron and Davis barely played in the preseason so they're not up to their usual selfs....and we had the **** ring ceremony.



I mean just look at their faces during that, you think they cared at all about last night? We dug ourself into a 22 point hole in the first quarter, we came back despite our top 2 guys playing like **** and George being actually decent and not his usual self **** mode we know he will be in the playoffs.

We actually got beat up worse in the season opener last year and look how the season ended up in the end.


People need to stop. Let the team play 20-30 games before making any assumptions.

Amen
Stay humble
Don't assume anything
Play hard
Win the championship

Kobe Bryant forever
Image
Atlaker41
Ballboy
Posts: 8
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 21, 2020

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#5 » by Atlaker41 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Wes Matthews < Danny Green
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,074
And1: 1,116
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#6 » by stan francisco » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:32 pm

Too early, but see sig below for what I think should be our rotations. A bench unit of Schroeder, THT, Matthews, Kuzma, Harrell would destroy opponents’ 2nd units.
2020-2021
PG: Caruso 18 | Schroeder 22 | THT 8
SG: Pope 20 | THT 16 | Matthews 12
SF: James 30 | Kuzma 12 | Matthews 6
PF: AD 27 | Kuzma 14 | Morrris 5 | Cacok 2
C: M Gasol 18 | Harrell 24 | AD 3 | Kostas 3
MoneyMo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,677
And1: 939
Joined: Jul 04, 2002
Location: Toronto

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#7 » by MoneyMo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Atlaker41 wrote:Wes Matthews < Danny Green


Green is no doubt better but he's getting $15 mil while Matthews gets like the minimum.
User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 9,197
And1: 2,089
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#8 » by ScHoolBoy B » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:36 am

Kuzma is still average and a terrible defender.
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
User avatar
EArl
RealGM
Posts: 47,708
And1: 11,471
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
Location: Columbus
   

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#9 » by EArl » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:21 am

Our interior defense definitely looked weaker compared to last year.
Dennis looked good. Marc looked slow.
It's going to take at least half of the season to get into full gear. I don't think we will be in 1st place in the west this year due to limiting our guys minutes.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Atlaker41
Ballboy
Posts: 8
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 21, 2020

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#10 » by Atlaker41 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:34 am

Marc needs to get up early and workout with Bron and AD
User avatar
JVL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 2,314
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
   

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#11 » by JVL » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:23 pm

Every take is a way too soon take. Relax.
Image
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 1,930
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#12 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:31 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Kuzma is still average and a terrible defender.

Stats of which Laker guarded PG13 last night:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ep8tnpEW8AQEHbW?format=jpg&name=large

PG13 shot a mediocre 3-7 (42.8%) when guarded by Kuzma.

PG13 shot a blistering 10-11 (90.9%) when guarded by 9 different Laker.

If you want to talk about PG13 getting “Hot” in the 3rd then:

3Q 11:19 - PG pull up on AD

3Q 5:41 - PG hits a 3 over Schroeder (Kuz still on the bench) Clippers up 1, which was what started the barrage.

3Q 1:52 - PG layup and 1 vs Kuzma (Clippers up 3)

3Q 1:20 - PG pull up on Trezz (Clippers up 6, 84-78)

3Q 0:56 - PG made 3 on Wes (Clippers up 9, 87-78)

3Q 0:22 - PG jumper over Wes (Clippers up 11, 89-78)

Kuz as worst trait isn’t a guy going off on him, it’s the fact he gets the one highlight moment. MPJ pump, PG13 and one, Butler spin cycle. But fa remains he shot better vs MPJ and outscored him in their one on one matchup that series, he defended Butler better than anyone on the team including Bron and AD in the finals, and last night he wasn’t the one who got took to the woodshed
Image
User avatar
Beethoven
Analyst
Posts: 3,465
And1: 1,394
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#13 » by Beethoven » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:08 am

^that's why all those who make assessments on kuzma ("he's trash", etc) upon one play that cements into their minds and on emotion, are all sitting in their parents' basement (figure of speech , so relax) posting on the internet, or begging people to subscribe or hit their like button..
And true analysis is why vogel and management gets paid millions of dollars in a professional job.
Stay humble
Don't assume anything
Play hard
Win the championship

Kobe Bryant forever
Image
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 1,930
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#14 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:22 am

Beethoven wrote:^that's why all those who make assessments on kuzma ("he's trash", etc) upon one play that cements into their minds and on emotion, are all sitting in their parents' basement (figure of speech , so relax) posting on the internet, or begging people to subscribe or hit their like button..
And true analysis is why vogel and management gets paid millions of dollars in a professional job.

Kuz has those stepped over by Iverson moments sadly which stick out, but on defense his actual result isn’t ever as bad as it seems since the break when Franky V moved him to just defending the wing
Image
User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 9,197
And1: 2,089
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#15 » by ScHoolBoy B » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:41 am

Watch Kuzma will have 20+ minutes and score 4-5 points all game and then score the rest of his points in garbage time. Always happens. Stats can't show that...
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 1,930
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#16 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:01 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Watch Kuzma will have 20+ minutes and score 4-5 points all game and then score the rest of his points in garbage time. Always happens. Stats can't show that...

Move the goal post much? Your argument was terrible defender for that game and was illegitimate factually, so now it’s stats won’t show he gets double digits in garbage time? Way to hedge a bet both ways because if the Lakers are up when he comes in, he’s piling em in garbage time, and if they are down and on the wrong side of a run like the third quarter when he comes in, then he’s piling on in garbage time too.
Image
User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 9,197
And1: 2,089
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#17 » by ScHoolBoy B » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:50 am

kblo247 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Watch Kuzma will have 20+ minutes and score 4-5 points all game and then score the rest of his points in garbage time. Always happens. Stats can't show that...

Move the goal post much? Your argument was terrible defender for that game and was illegitimate factually, so now it’s stats won’t show he gets double digits in garbage time? Way to hedge a bet both ways because if the Lakers are up when he comes in, he’s piling em in garbage time, and if they are down and on the wrong side of a run like the third quarter when he comes in, then he’s piling on in garbage time too.


You're only taking part of my post and discussing that. I get that you're Kuzma fan, but I'm not sold on his play and yes he's a terrible defender. You can post all the stats you want, I really don't care...
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
LBC SoCal
Junior
Posts: 353
And1: 397
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
     

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#18 » by LBC SoCal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:23 am

EArl wrote:Our interior defense definitely looked weaker compared to last year.
Dennis looked good. Marc looked slow.
It's going to take at least half of the season to get into full gear. I don't think we will be in 1st place in the west this year due to limiting our guys minutes.


I think if the Lakers finished 4th place in the west, I’m fine as long as it means Lebron and AD were rested. We will lean on them bigtime so if we limit their minutes in the regular season, so be it.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,356
And1: 1,930
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#19 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:30 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Watch Kuzma will have 20+ minutes and score 4-5 points all game and then score the rest of his points in garbage time. Always happens. Stats can't show that...

Move the goal post much? Your argument was terrible defender for that game and was illegitimate factually, so now it’s stats won’t show he gets double digits in garbage time? Way to hedge a bet both ways because if the Lakers are up when he comes in, he’s piling em in garbage time, and if they are down and on the wrong side of a run like the third quarter when he comes in, then he’s piling on in garbage time too.


You're only taking part of my post and discussing that. I get that you're Kuzma fan, but I'm not sold on his play and yes he's a terrible defender. You can post all the stats you want, I really don't care...

But my point is just that. Your post had nothing substantive to say. They are just a narrative, a false narrative.

Your two posts were that he is a terrible defender and he piled up double digits in garbage time. By definition what you said were both lies.

It can be pointed out like I just did that Kuzma defended George better than anyone on the Lakers in game 1. He can't have the best defensive numbers of anyone outside Caruso vs the Blazers with Dame and CJ in round 1 if he was terrible. He's not great, hell he's not analytical either, he's instinctual which is why he gets caught up on highlights that people remember. He bites bad early and then gets better as a game goes on and re-works himself. But he has been effective on the wing as a defender, and he has only been defending on the wing since February.

And it can be pointed out that the scoring thing is a lie. Kuzma has averaged double digits every year of his career. In his first playoffs of his career he also still averaged double digits off the bench. As a starter for his career he's averaged over 19 a night dating back to his rookie year, every single year including last year where he averaged 20 in starts and we won over 2/3 the game. Hell he was a walking 19 in his preseason starts too, you can pencil that in. And he has a career average of double digits versus every team in the league. I mean that is a lot of garbage points.

So my point is that its cool not to like him, but its a lie outright to say he is terrible defensively or hes just a garbage time scorer. Heck out of his draft class only 2 more people have scored more than him so far in the nba from his class in Mitchell and Tatum.
Image
User avatar
Beethoven
Analyst
Posts: 3,465
And1: 1,394
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Any "way too soon" proclamations about the team?? 

Post#20 » by Beethoven » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:53 am

I don't think this is way too soon to say but our only real opponent preventing us from winning a championship is injury.
Stay humble
Don't assume anything
Play hard
Win the championship

Kobe Bryant forever
Image

Return to Los Angeles Lakers