Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid 

Post#81 » by Slava » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:53 pm

EArl wrote:Here to report that im still alive after the 1st dose of the Moderna vaccine.
Arms a little sore, but ill live.

What are you doing your thesis on Slava?

My mom got 1st dose of AstraZeneca and reported arm soreness as well, lasted her 4 days.

My thesis is on the genetic prediction of common disease risk, with a focus on severe psychiatric illnesses.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#82 » by Danny Darko » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:57 pm

passed up on my second shot because i have a rebuilt eardrum and history of vertigo. My former EMT partner has the same and has been down for 7 weeks and counting with vertigo. Doing a search there is a few medical forums that are showing thousands of people with the same issue so I'm going to just be glad for shot #1 and my 82% efficacy.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#83 » by tugs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:06 am

Good to hear everyone okay over there's. I'd be getting my shot some time May. The government is giving out Sinovac but my company is arranging Moderna for their staff

Worried of the blood clotting side effect since the wife has a history of DVT
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#84 » by EArl » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:04 am

tugs wrote:Good to hear everyone okay over there's. I'd be getting my shot some time May. The government is giving out Sinovac but my company is arranging Moderna for their staff

Thats only with the J&J one though. I havent read anything like that from the Modern or Pfizer one.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#85 » by hermes » Tue May 18, 2021 10:43 pm

alright got my second shot, two more weeks and i can re-enter society
tugs
RealGM

Post#86 » by tugs » Tue May 18, 2021 11:02 pm

EArl wrote:
tugs wrote:Good to hear everyone okay over there's. I'd be getting my shot some time May. The government is giving out Sinovac but my company is arranging Moderna for their staff

Thats only with the J&J one though. I havent read anything like that from the Modern or Pfizer one.

Welp, turns out it'll be some time in June or July now. Our town is offering Sinovac this month. I'm torn
hermes wrote:alright got my second shot, two more weeks and i can re-enter society
Goodluck herm. Hope people will still be cautious and follow protocols
hermes
RealGM

Post#87 » by hermes » Wed May 19, 2021 1:03 am

i barely left my house when it wasn't a pandemic, so i won't be doing anything wild and crazy
EArl
RealGM

Post#88 » by EArl » Wed May 19, 2021 4:39 am

I got the second one last week. That thing put me down for a day. I got a low grade fever and just felt like **** the day after. First time ive gotten side effects from a vaccine. All better now though. Also im currently in Ohio so I signed up for the lottery so maybe I can pay off my school loans :)
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
EArl
RealGM

Post#89 » by EArl » Wed May 19, 2021 4:41 am

hermes wrote:i barely left my house when it wasn't a pandemic, so i won't be doing anything wild and crazy

As a natural introvert I never really felt the difference either. When im not at home, im either studying, hiking or at home watching TV or just perusing the web.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by Slava » Wed May 19, 2021 7:52 am

You lucky bastards, I still can't get the vaccine until August at the earliest, depending on supplies. Right now I'm getting tested twice a week to go to the gym, cafes or movies with a corona pass.
hermes
RealGM

Post#91 » by hermes » Wed May 19, 2021 5:19 pm

EArl wrote:I got the second one last week. That thing put me down for a day. I got a low grade fever and just felt like **** the day after. First time ive gotten side effects from a vaccine. All better now though. Also im currently in Ohio so I signed up for the lottery so maybe I can pay off my school loans :)

you can sign up for the lottery after having gotten the vaccine? well heck, lets road trip to ohio
hermes
RealGM

Post#92 » by hermes » Wed May 19, 2021 5:26 pm

guess i haven't been monitoring the vaccine pace internationally, are countries struggling with it?
EArl
RealGM

Post#93 » by EArl » Wed May 19, 2021 5:36 pm

hermes wrote:
EArl wrote:I got the second one last week. That thing put me down for a day. I got a low grade fever and just felt like **** the day after. First time ive gotten side effects from a vaccine. All better now though. Also im currently in Ohio so I signed up for the lottery so maybe I can pay off my school loans :)

you can sign up for the lottery after having gotten the vaccine? well heck, lets road trip to ohio

You have to be a resident of the state which I coincidentally just became early this year. Yeah they are basically doing as a way for people to get their vaccines. https://ohiovaxamillion.com
EArl
RealGM

Post#94 » by EArl » Wed May 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Slava wrote:You lucky bastards, I still can't get the vaccine until August at the earliest, depending on supplies. Right now I'm getting tested twice a week to go to the gym, cafes or movies with a corona pass.

I actually got it really quick. Just looked online and a Kroger pharmacy was giving them out. They even signed me up fo the second when I went to get the first dose. There wasnt even a line to wait. It sucks that other countries are struggling with distribution.

My wife who is a student at OSU, gets tested every other week even though she is vaccinated. She does go to the hospital every week though.
EArl
RealGM

Post#95 » by EArl » Wed May 19, 2021 5:42 pm

hermes wrote:guess i haven't been monitoring the vaccine pace internationally, are countries struggling with it?

I was watching this video that explains how vaccines are bought and distributed. Why the US always gets first dibs on vaccines.

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by Slava » Wed May 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Its not just the rich countries, Denmark is plenty rich and we still can't get adequate supply as the AstraZeneca, J&J side effects screwed us over. They won't even let people get them voluntarily, assuming the risk.
hermes
RealGM

Post#97 » by hermes » Thu May 20, 2021 12:35 am

EArl wrote:
hermes wrote:guess i haven't been monitoring the vaccine pace internationally, are countries struggling with it?

I was watching this video that explains how vaccines are bought and distributed. Why the US always gets first dibs on vaccines.

interesting, so covax wasn't set up quickly enough. but it seems like there would have been enough teeth to prevent the big fish from throwing their wallets around anyway

and canada hogging all the vaccine!! what are they doing with it up there??
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#98 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:53 am

Danny Darko wrote:passed up on my second shot because i have a rebuilt eardrum and history of vertigo. My former EMT partner has the same and has been down for 7 weeks and counting with vertigo. Doing a search there is a few medical forums that are showing thousands of people with the same issue so I'm going to just be glad for shot #1 and my 82% efficacy.

Got my second shot due to pressure from my wife. Got vertigo for 3 weeks, but now am all good.

Would i do it again? Yeah probably, but I wish had the ability to take a few weeks to myself and just gummy the f out.
tugs
RealGM

Post#99 » by tugs » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:35 pm

India, man. Hope they can recover
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by Slava » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:35 pm

Got COVID a week ago, no serious symptoms other than a mild fever that lasted a day, some tiredness, cough that went away on day 5. However, still in isolation, so I thought I might as well make the most of it and ordered some craft beer and video games. Just last night I lost sense of smell and taste. Now I can't even taste my coffee. FML.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers