Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid 

Post#161 » by Slava » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:46 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Slava wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:well I've been mostly locked down but still managed to get Covid somehow. I'm glad i'm vax'd, because on day 3 its not been joking around with my lungs.

Get well soon man. Each vaccine and booster laid me lower for a day than COVID did when I got it and I was not vaccinated then, but the loss of smell and taste was sure not fun with COVID. It took me 6-8 weeks to get it back but I know more than one person who haven't recovered them, even after a year. I'm surprised you are still feeling it after the vaccine as I thought most vaccinated people were symptomless from Omicron.

could be delta... who knows. i know 6 fully vaxed people who got hit at least as hard as the flu with covid over the last few weeks. breakthroughs are the new norm around here. I didn't get the boost because shot #2 of moderna gave me weeks of vertigo

hoping the research on CBD and covid rings true. my lungs are painful as hell today.

Wow. I have a friend who got tinnitus after Moderna second vaccinr after he got the J&J first. This is the first I’m hearing of vertigo though.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#162 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:31 pm

interactive data driven model of earthquakes between 17-18' indicating depth graphically: https://glowy-earthquakes.glitch.me/
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#163 » by hermes » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:51 pm

Danny Darko wrote:interactive data driven model of earthquakes between 17-18' indicating depth graphically: https://glowy-earthquakes.glitch.me/

that's a neat graphic

you never hear about alaska having earthquakes but looks like they have a ton.

how does africa, as large as it is, have basically none? not on the edge of any plates huh
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#164 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 2, 2022 7:14 pm

idk what to say... my aunt and uncle have been arguing that vaccines are completely unhelpful and unneeded because FOX news said so, while also requiring their employees to be vax'd. He died last week and she died today on the phone with me from ICU while I played her a song of mine she liked. Now their brother is also intubated. It's sad and angering to see he effects of politically driven anti-science propaganda.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by Slava » Wed Feb 2, 2022 8:24 pm

I have seen friends loathe fox for driving their parents and grandparents paranoid and insane in their final years but this anti vaccine misinformation is a different level of shameless profiteering. Sorry for your loss man.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#166 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Feb 2, 2022 8:47 pm

Sorry for your loss Danny. **** FOX News and their political agendas.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#167 » by DoctaJ » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:57 pm

Sorry for you loss, Danny. That **** sucks. :(
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#168 » by tugs » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:54 am

Man... Sorry for your loss, DD...
Darknemo2000
Veteran
And1: 1,685

Post#169 » by Darknemo2000 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:21 am

Sorry for your loss DD. Though in all honesty sometimes even vaccines are helpless. My mother 60 years old fully vaccinated died from it. I myself though not that old also went to a few day coma. Covid can kill you even with vaccines if you have some health issues beforehand. But of course vaccines decreases that chance somewhat.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by Slava » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:48 am

Christ man, condolences! :(
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#171 » by Danny Darko » Thu May 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Read on Twitter
DoctaJ
Sixth Man

Post#172 » by DoctaJ » Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

I saw that! and was immediately terrified, haha. Wonder how it will turn out.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#173 » by Danny Darko » Fri May 27, 2022 5:43 am

DoctaJ wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

I saw that! and was immediately terrified, haha. Wonder how it will turn out.

I just hope they are allowed to do the voice right haha, seriously terrifying.

That voice actor has some serious dirty laundry too actually.

Winnie the Pooh’ voice star accused of rape and animal abuse
DoctaJ
Sixth Man

Post#174 » by DoctaJ » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:23 pm

Well, after being in Victoria for 5 years we're finally making the move to get out of this (ridiculously) unaffordable environment. Moving to Calgary in two weeks.

Not sure if any of you know where either place is. :lol:

Finally bought a house and between the closing date and our possession date the rates have gone up 1.25% with more to come. Fun Fun Fun. But at least we're not renting a shoe box anymore for more than our mortgage. :nod:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by Slava » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:16 am

DoctaJ wrote:Well, after being in Victoria for 5 years we're finally making the move to get out of this (ridiculously) unaffordable environment. Moving to Calgary in two weeks.

Not sure if any of you know where either place is. :lol:

Finally bought a house and between the closing date and our possession date the rates have gone up 1.25% with more to come. Fun Fun Fun. But at least we're not renting a shoe box anymore for more than our mortgage. :nod:

Good on you man, I peaked at my portfolio before going to bed, woke up, opened reddit and was greeted by this. Safe to say, I'm not going to do that again.

DoctaJ
Sixth Man

Post#176 » by DoctaJ » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:59 pm

I saw that, too, Slava! :lol:
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,287

Post#177 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:31 pm

Man, is it me or has the activity in this board really died down? If my early morning math is correct last night was the 16th draft day since I've joined realgm, and this is the most quiet I've seen this board during that timespan.

Did Westbrook go full on dementor on our fanbase and took all of our souls away, or are we just getting older and no one has energy for realgm anymore?
tdfoss1
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#178 » by tdfoss1 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:54 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:With the sheer number of Americans who buy conspiracy theories hook, line and sinker -- witness Q Anon -- I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more of this.

You do know there is no such thing as Qanon? So maybe you should learn that before you start making dumb statements. There is Q and there are anons. The media intentionally put the two together so if they find an anon who is way out there, they can tie it to everyone....which by some of these comments they succeeded it. facts matter.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#179 » by Slava » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:12 pm

TheHartBreakKid wrote:Man, is it me or has the activity in this board really died down? If my early morning math is correct last night was the 16th draft day since I've joined realgm, and this is the most quiet I've seen this board during that timespan.

Did Westbrook go full on dementor on our fanbase and took all of our souls away, or are we just getting older and no one has energy for realgm anymore?

Forums in general have died down as conversation has moved elsewhere to Twitter and other social media channels. Lakers fans on the other hand have more options than most. Writing long, grammatically correct posts is also tiring to most but attractive to a select few, like long form journalism.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,287

Post#180 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:31 pm

Slava wrote:
TheHartBreakKid wrote:Man, is it me or has the activity in this board really died down? If my early morning math is correct last night was the 16th draft day since I've joined realgm, and this is the most quiet I've seen this board during that timespan.

Forums in general have died down as conversation has moved elsewhere to Twitter and other social media channels. Lakers fans on the other hand have more options than most. Writing long, grammatically correct posts is also tiring to most but attractive to a select few, like long form journalism.

Yup that's what I was thinking about as well this morning. I think overall, the main reason is exactly what you said; Forums have died down overall. Also, especially regarding realgm and this board, I think that there are some demographic/age related trends in play. Most of the original active posters are simply in a different stage of life to be to active on a forum. It's just too much work. The younger crowd, as you mentioned, is probably in social media or reddit, and the fact that we had those 6 down years doesn't help with the age gap.

It's kind of a bummer though...for me realgm is like driving a stick shift car. It's extra work, clunky, and logically not the best option in 2022, but it provides a different experience. I personally can't stand twitter or reddit for basketball convo...I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers