And1: 2,130

Re: Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Game #40, 3/16, 7:30 PM PT 

Post#21 » by kblo247 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
What's going on with the extension?

Any chance he's traded?

No idea what's going on with the extension. Sure, he could be traded, but I think it's highly unlikely. They way he's talked about, I feel like I'm the only one seeing him loose the ball or throw it away in traffic. He seems really comfortable with the team and they seem to like him.
That said, if they LOVED him, they'd probably already have come to terms on the extension... 8-) So anything is possible.

If you traded Schroder though, you'd need to get a PG back... And a pretty damned good one... So who would that be? Beal?
There really aren't that many move where trading Schroder makes sense.

Maybe Schroeder+KCP for Lowry

Lowry, Matthews, LeBron, Davis, Gasol
Caruso, THT, Kuzma, Markieff, Harrell

Team loses depth and relies upon THT more..

Lowry (37) | LeBron (11)
Caruso (28) | THT (20)
LeBron (26) | Matthews (14) | Kuzma (8)
Davis (21) | Kuzma (17) | Markieff (10)
Harrell (22) | Davis (16) | Gasol (10)

I’m going to be the one to say it. Caruso can’t touch kcp. KCP last year primarily defended Dame, Harden, and Murray to get us out the west. He spent more on them than Green, Caruso, Rondo or anyone else. He also was a double digit scorer, the third guy, and hit more threes than anyone in laker history in a playoff run not named Kobe Bryant. You don’t lose KCP and Dennis on cap friendly deals to pay Lowry 30 mil and also then have to pay Caruso 5-8 to start and not hit shots.

You literally kill your teams spacing, defense, and depth ... Caruso ain’t the guy you clear out a KCP for. You can do it for Kuzma, you can do it for THT, but Alex ain’t that dude.

Now if we were talking Jimmy Butler for Dennis and KCP, **** it sign me up. If we are talking Lavine for Dennis and Alex or THT, f it sign me up. I wouldn’t even give up Dennis and KCP for Beal because he’s the worst defensive starting sg in the league and was last year too and unlike Harden he isn’t multi faceted at all which is why all his big games are Ls

Return to Los Angeles Lakers