ImageImageImageImageImage

Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,587
And1: 2,002
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#1 » by kblo247 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Life without Lebron and AD. Here’s the numbers for the games since Atlanta where he got hurt. The averages of the guys besides Marc who just came back. Let’s take a look and see how they have handled their business so far

Dennis - 35mins 19ppg 3rebs 7asts 1stl 42/42/85

Dennis is doing better than I thought as the main focus but he isn’t enough. I find myself getting frustrated he doesn’t see the court like Bron or like Rondo did. He’s not built like them, but I got to give him his credit, he’s stepped his play up and still maintained the I pick you up 94 feet motto

Trez - 34mins 21ppg 8rebs 1blk 64/54

Trez is a beast besides his free throws. We put the burden on Trez alone to carry the bench because no one on the bench boards or can shoot that well or pass that great. He’s literally got his 3 perimeter players coming off the bench with him shooting 33, 34, and 35 from the field so he’s carrying weight and can’t play pick and roll or draw and kick with any of them. The solution might be have Marc run with the second unit some and turn them into cutters and let him play high low some.

Kuz - 38mins 18ppg 8rebs 4asts 1stl 40/36/71

Kuz is eating up every damn minute out there basically. His field goal percentage has to go up but he has the best floor balance. I don’t like Kuzma having to go from 25 minutes a night to 38. He’s facilitating better than Caruso and Tucker. And he’s rebounding better than anyone but Trez too. But he doesn’t have the legs to get you a big scoring night if he’s being asked to score, facilitate because our guards can’t, clean the glass, and defend the best swing size player too

KCP - 28mins 10ppg 2rebs 2asts 38/42/100

The only big solution I can see is KCP minutes have not changed like everyone else p. I might push his minutes up at the expense of Wes, Alex, and THT. I would do that and just let him chuck a higher volume of 3s because him taking 10 threes in a game in a 30 minute role is better than those three taking those shots. Really Pope is your last fully untapped resource. He’s at a career low in attempts this year. People get on him for not playing like the playoffs but he got 9 shots a night and 6 of them were threes in the playoffs. He’s taking 6 shots total a game now to fit the new additions in the rotation. He is a career double digit scorer and was one in Detroit and LA, was one in the playoffs the times he has been in it here and there too. It might be time to push Pope up to 30 plus minutes too alongside the other 3 because he is the most likely to actually do the job and score double digits and hit his 3s if you say here’s 10 plus shots a night, chuck them up. He’ll most likely to hit free throws too.

Kieff - 22mins 8ppg 6rebs 35/36/100

Kieff is Kieff and most his shots have all been 3s. He’s boarded decently, and he’s more likely to give you double digits than most our guards off the bench, but he had neck issues so I get keeping his minutes down. I have to hope he pulls a bubble and shoots lights out again when he can scout the opponent and find his shots next to Bron and AD.

Caruso - 21mins 6ppg 5rebs 3asts 1stl 36/50/60
THT - 22mins 8ppg 3rebs 3asts 1stl 33/17/85
Wes - 22mins 6ppg 2rebs 1ast 1stl 35/36


Caruso, THT, and Wes ain’t giving anything off the bench. Wes hasn’t took a free throw yet in a game even with all the minutes. They need them to hit and hustle. Tucker has been putrid for spacing. And Caruso is the one guy who had to step up of the three because he’s the champion, he’s the heart, and he’s the stat freak but it’s not translating without Bron or AD to play off of.

Marc Gasol

Hopefully Marc provides some balance and spacing. I would almost use him to try and get Caruso, THT, or Wes shots because they can’t score on their own. They just can’t be relied on as a unit to make decisions so I would start the second and fourth with him in as well to make the decisions for Tucker, Caruso, and Matthews to hopefully get them something easy and also so he can make a post entry into Trez since it seems it takes the starters to do that correctly.

———

Silver lining -

If KCP and Dennis keep producing like that upon the return of Bron and AD, our bench gets better. Less minutes for Caruso, THT, and Wes because Kuz goes back there and him and Trez compete versus everyone. Kieff also goes back and Marc possibly there too with an added big like Drummond.

Kuz goes back to the bench, Marc goes to the bench, Kieff goes to the bench. Now all of a sudden Trez has productivity all around him. Marc is a better passer and shooter than Wes, Caruso, and Tucker. Kieff is a better rebounder and showed he was a playoff shooter. Kuzma and Trez just produce. So all you would need is one of Alex, Tucker, or Wes to show up on a given night because really our pg rotation is Bron and Dennis.
Image
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,587
And1: 2,002
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#2 » by kblo247 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:18 pm

Kuzma, Dennis, and Harrell are doing their job. They are tapped out basically. If they produce and give the same effort upon the return of the big 2 they are easily more than enough to help them win it all IMO



Also some perspective for those who forget With two all stars, Kyrie and Love, they went 3-12 without LBJ, losing by an average of 15 points.
Image
tamaraw08
Pro Prospect
Posts: 813
And1: 187
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
     

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#3 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:47 pm

kblo247 wrote:Life without Lebron and AD. Here’s the numbers for the games since Atlanta where he got hurt. The averages of the guys besides Marc who just came back. Let’s take a look and see how they have handled their business so far

Dennis - 35mins 19ppg 3rebs 7asts 1stl 42/42/85

Dennis is doing better than I thought as the main focus but he isn’t enough. I find myself getting frustrated he doesn’t see the court like Bron or like Rondo did. He’s not built like them, but I got to give him his credit, he’s stepped his play up and still maintained the I pick you up 94 feet motto

Trez - 34mins 21ppg 8rebs 1blk 64/54

Trez is a beast besides his free throws. We put the burden on Trez alone to carry the bench because no one on the bench boards or can shoot that well or pass that great. He’s literally got his 3 perimeter players coming off the bench with him shooting 33, 34, and 35 from the field so he’s carrying weight and can’t play pick and roll or draw and kick with any of them. The solution might be have Marc run with the second unit some and turn them into cutters and let him play high low some.

Kuz - 38mins 18ppg 8rebs 4asts 1stl 40/36/71

Kuz is eating up every damn minute out there basically. His field goal percentage has to go up but he has the best floor balance. I don’t like Kuzma having to go from 25 minutes a night to 38. He’s facilitating better than Caruso and Tucker. And he’s rebounding better than anyone but Trez too. But he doesn’t have the legs to get you a big scoring night if he’s being asked to score, facilitate because our guards can’t, clean the glass, and defend the best swing size player too

KCP - 28mins 10ppg 2rebs 2asts 38/42/100

The only big solution I can see is KCP minutes have not changed like everyone else p. I might push his minutes up at the expense of Wes, Alex, and THT. I would do that and just let him chuck a higher volume of 3s because him taking 10 threes in a game in a 30 minute role is better than those three taking those shots. Really Pope is your last fully untapped resource. He’s at a career low in attempts this year. People get on him for not playing like the playoffs but he got 9 shots a night and 6 of them were threes in the playoffs. He’s taking 6 shots total a game now to fit the new additions in the rotation. He is a career double digit scorer and was one in Detroit and LA, was one in the playoffs the times he has been in it here and there too. It might be time to push Pope up to 30 plus minutes too alongside the other 3 because he is the most likely to actually do the job and score double digits and hit his 3s if you say here’s 10 plus shots a night, chuck them up. He’ll most likely to hit free throws too.

Kieff - 22mins 8ppg 6rebs 35/36/100

Kieff is Kieff and most his shots have all been 3s. He’s boarded decently, and he’s more likely to give you double digits than most our guards off the bench, but he had neck issues so I get keeping his minutes down. I have to hope he pulls a bubble and shoots lights out again when he can scout the opponent and find his shots next to Bron and AD.

Caruso - 21mins 6ppg 5rebs 3asts 1stl 36/50/60
THT - 22mins 8ppg 3rebs 3asts 1stl 33/17/85
Wes - 22mins 6ppg 2rebs 1ast 1stl 35/36


Caruso, THT, and Wes ain’t giving anything off the bench. Wes hasn’t took a free throw yet in a game even with all the minutes. They need them to hit and hustle. Tucker has been putrid for spacing. And Caruso is the one guy who had to step up of the three because he’s the champion, he’s the heart, and he’s the stat freak but it’s not translating without Bron or AD to play off of.

Marc Gasol

Hopefully Marc provides some balance and spacing. I would almost use him to try and get Caruso, THT, or Wes shots because they can’t score on their own. They just can’t be relied on as a unit to make decisions so I would start the second and fourth with him in as well to make the decisions for Tucker, Caruso, and Matthews to hopefully get them something easy and also so he can make a post entry into Trez since it seems it takes the starters to do that correctly.

———

Silver lining -

If KCP and Dennis keep producing like that upon the return of Bron and AD, our bench gets better. Less minutes for Caruso, THT, and Wes because Kuz goes back there and him and Trez compete versus everyone. Kieff also goes back and Marc possibly there too with an added big like Drummond.

Kuz goes back to the bench, Marc goes to the bench, Kieff goes to the bench. Now all of a sudden Trez has productivity all around him. Marc is a better passer and shooter than Wes, Caruso, and Tucker. Kieff is a better rebounder and showed he was a playoff shooter. Kuzma and Trez just produce. So all you would need is one of Alex, Tucker, or Wes to show up on a given night because really our pg rotation is Bron and Dennis.
tamaraw08
Pro Prospect
Posts: 813
And1: 187
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
     

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#4 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:51 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Life without Lebron and AD. Here’s the numbers for the games since Atlanta where he got hurt. The averages of the guys besides Marc who just came back. Let’s take a look and see how they have handled their business so far

Dennis - 35mins 19ppg 3rebs 7asts 1stl 42/42/85

Dennis is doing better than I thought as the main focus but he isn’t enough. I find myself getting frustrated he doesn’t see the court like Bron or like Rondo did. He’s not built like them, but I got to give him his credit, he’s stepped his play up and still maintained the I pick you up 94 feet motto

Trez - 34mins 21ppg 8rebs 1blk 64/54

Trez is a beast besides his free throws. We put the burden on Trez alone to carry the bench because no one on the bench boards or can shoot that well or pass that great. He’s literally got his 3 perimeter players coming off the bench with him shooting 33, 34, and 35 from the field so he’s carrying weight and can’t play pick and roll or draw and kick with any of them. The solution might be have Marc run with the second unit some and turn them into cutters and let him play high low some.

Kuz - 38mins 18ppg 8rebs 4asts 1stl 40/36/71

Kuz is eating up every damn minute out there basically. His field goal percentage has to go up but he has the best floor balance. I don’t like Kuzma having to go from 25 minutes a night to 38. He’s facilitating better than Caruso and Tucker. And he’s rebounding better than anyone but Trez too. But he doesn’t have the legs to get you a big scoring night if he’s being asked to score, facilitate because our guards can’t, clean the glass, and defend the best swing size player too

KCP - 28mins 10ppg 2rebs 2asts 38/42/100

The only big solution I can see is KCP minutes have not changed like everyone else p. I might push his minutes up at the expense of Wes, Alex, and THT. I would do that and just let him chuck a higher volume of 3s because him taking 10 threes in a game in a 30 minute role is better than those three taking those shots. Really Pope is your last fully untapped resource. He’s at a career low in attempts this year. People get on him for not playing like the playoffs but he got 9 shots a night and 6 of them were threes in the playoffs. He’s taking 6 shots total a game now to fit the new additions in the rotation. He is a career double digit scorer and was one in Detroit and LA, was one in the playoffs the times he has been in it here and there too. It might be time to push Pope up to 30 plus minutes too alongside the other 3 because he is the most likely to actually do the job and score double digits and hit his 3s if you say here’s 10 plus shots a night, chuck them up. He’ll most likely to hit free throws too.




Kuz goes back to the bench, Marc goes to the bench, Kieff goes to the bench. Now all of a sudden Trez has productivity all around him. Marc is a better passer and shooter than Wes, Caruso, and Tucker. Kieff is a better rebounder and showed he was a playoff shooter. Kuzma and Trez just produce. So all you would need is one of Alex, Tucker, or Wes to show up on a given night because really our pg rotation is Bron and Dennis.

great post, thanks, I agree with most of what you said except that THT imo can create for his own shots.
One of my biggest rants about Vogel was his failure to set up KCP AND Caruso more esp in January where they were BOTH EXTREMELY HOT.
I feel he can get more creative with his sets, do more UCLA cuts, milk the Schroder/Harrell screen roll more etc.
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,790
And1: 19,746
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#5 » by zimpy27 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:14 am

Good thread.

I think the offense has had much more movement recently, something out of necessity to get good looks without LeBron.

I have wondered if the lack of movement has been contributing to poorer 3%. Now Lakers have more movement the main guards are hitting 3s at a 40% clip.

It's a pretty promising sign.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,763
And1: 30,796
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#6 » by Slava » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:15 am

THT's shooting has fallen off a cliff, which is disappointing but the recent losses have had more to do with a lack of interior presence and rebounding. If Marc can plug that for a while and we get some minutes from a buy out guy, we could still float at a .500 pace given that there are some teams who have pulled the plug on the season now.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,587
And1: 2,002
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#7 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Good thread.

I think the offense has had much more movement recently, something out of necessity to get good looks without LeBron.

I have wondered if the lack of movement has been contributing to poorer 3%. Now Lakers have more movement the main guards are hitting 3s at a 40% clip.

It's a pretty promising sign.

It sounds crazy to call Bron a bad passers but he’s not rondo. He’s willing, he’s a great break passer, and he can throw some difficult ones that look great on a highlight, but I felt Rondo at least playoff Rondo was much better in regard to delivery of the pass. You didn’t have to see guys dribble, adjust, reset, or anything like that with Rondo because he hit you in your pocket or motion most the times. Bron has a flare for the dramatic which makes his passes off a bit and him turnover happy at times because I think he sees some stuff 2 steps ahead and forgets other people can’t
Image
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,790
And1: 19,746
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#8 » by zimpy27 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:35 am

kblo247 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Good thread.

I think the offense has had much more movement recently, something out of necessity to get good looks without LeBron.

I have wondered if the lack of movement has been contributing to poorer 3%. Now Lakers have more movement the main guards are hitting 3s at a 40% clip.

It's a pretty promising sign.

It sounds crazy to call Bron a bad passers but he’s not rondo. He’s willing, he’s a great break passer, and he can throw some difficult ones that look great on a highlight, but I felt Rondo at least playoff Rondo was much better in regard to delivery of the pass. You didn’t have to see guys dribble, adjust, reset, or anything like that with Rondo because he hit you in your pocket or motion most the times. Bron has a flare for the dramatic which makes his passes off a bit and him turnover happy at times because I think he sees some stuff 2 steps ahead and forgets other people can’t


Yeah and I think we are talking about regular season LeBron.. I think a bit of it is just that LeBron doesn't move in RS. Takes ball top of offense or at elbow and just tries to score or make a play. In the playoffs it was quite different, far more movement, more aggressive in sets.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,587
And1: 2,002
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#9 » by kblo247 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:02 am

zimpy27 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Good thread.

I think the offense has had much more movement recently, something out of necessity to get good looks without LeBron.

I have wondered if the lack of movement has been contributing to poorer 3%. Now Lakers have more movement the main guards are hitting 3s at a 40% clip.

It's a pretty promising sign.

It sounds crazy to call Bron a bad passers but he’s not rondo. He’s willing, he’s a great break passer, and he can throw some difficult ones that look great on a highlight, but I felt Rondo at least playoff Rondo was much better in regard to delivery of the pass. You didn’t have to see guys dribble, adjust, reset, or anything like that with Rondo because he hit you in your pocket or motion most the times. Bron has a flare for the dramatic which makes his passes off a bit and him turnover happy at times because I think he sees some stuff 2 steps ahead and forgets other people can’t


Yeah and I think we are talking about regular season LeBron.. I think a bit of it is just that LeBron doesn't move in RS. Takes ball top of offense or at elbow and just tries to score or make a play. In the playoffs it was quite different, far more movement, more aggressive in sets.

Yeah Bron is much more careful in the playoffs and much more mindful of controlling tempo. In the season though it’s a reason he got more turnovers than Malone, he gets cute lol. Everything is done with a purpose though in the playoffs.
Image
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,587
And1: 2,002
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#10 » by kblo247 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 am

Alex Wes THT vs Orlando
> 3/13 field goal
> 2/8 three point shooting
> 4 turnovers
> 10 points


Kuzma - 40 mins 21pts 11rebs 4asts
Dennis - 36mins 24pts 6asts 5rebs
Trez - 28mins 18pts 11rebs 2stls 2blks

KCP - 30mins 4pts 3rebs 3asts 1stl 1blk (took 4 shots, got to be more)
Marc - 20mins 7pts 2rebs 3asts 1stl
Kieff - 32mins (season high) 12pts 11rebs
Image
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,587
And1: 2,002
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Since Lebron Got Hurt - Raw Player Numbers 

Post#11 » by kblo247 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:54 am

Frank Vogel says he’s not sure if Andre Drummond will be available for Wednesday’s game against Milwaukee.

Read on Twitter
?s=21


He has not played in a month and a half. I rather you let him practice, stretch, and then join the team towards that weekend. Giannis ain’t who you want to see to start and neither is chasing Brook at the 3point line.

Frank is probably thinking long term confidence and big picture there because LA media is reactionary and so is the fan base who will call for his head if he doesn’t protect the paint vs Greek Freak even though he hasn’t played in so long and he’s not played with anyone on this team besides KCP before
Image

Return to Los Angeles Lakers