ImageImageImageImageImage

Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond!

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 19,548
And1: 9,946
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#21 » by Kilroy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Image
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 9,339
And1: 2,139
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#22 » by ScHoolBoy B » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:01 pm

I love the way he talked to the media. He genuinely seems excited to get going. He said all the right things during his presser too.
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
heezyo2o
Pro Prospect
Posts: 759
And1: 342
Joined: Oct 16, 2004

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#23 » by heezyo2o » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:44 pm

When everyone is healthy, I wonder if Drummond closes most games or they stick with a smaller lineup and an extra shooter
minifang
Rookie
Posts: 1,141
And1: 378
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
   

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#24 » by minifang » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:11 am



Loved his interview. Seemed very genuine and excited to wear the purple and gold. :D
The Purple and Gold
User avatar
dAdo dA dEvil
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,255
And1: 365
Joined: Jun 27, 2013
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#25 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:14 am

Schroeder / KCP / Bron / AD / AD2

This line up is great on both ends of the court.

AC / THT / Kuz /Trez / Gasol plus Morris and Wes, we are very solid when every one comes back.
User avatar
Beethoven
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,138
And1: 1,815
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#26 » by Beethoven » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:19 am

minifang wrote:

Loved his interview. Seemed very genuine and excited to wear the purple and gold. :D

He's here as a contract mercenary that is obvious. However I hope he does his mercenary work well.
Stay humble
Don't assume anything
Play hard
Win the championship

Kobe Bryant forever
Image
Jedi32
Head Coach
Posts: 6,143
And1: 5,139
Joined: Oct 30, 2014
Location: Showtime Era
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#27 » by Jedi32 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:04 am

He's definitely saying all the right things.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 19,548
And1: 9,946
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#28 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 am

I'm not even sure there's a way to lock him up long term, but I'm glad he's here, and let's hope it translates well..
Image
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,565
And1: 1,994
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#29 » by kblo247 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 am

Kilroy wrote:I'm not even sure there's a way to lock him up long term, but I'm glad he's here, and let's hope it translates well..

Tax MLE of 5 mil. It has to be that to not hard cap the team. Then the following year his salary can start at 11mil a year.

If they are not hard capped by being the recipient of a sign and trade and only use the MLE that comes with being a tax payer, they can do more things. Dennis can get his raise pass that 18M a year start that he is limited to now. Trez can opt in if he chooses and make 11M for a year and get early bird rights. Morris can get his raise and take the salary of a guy like Wes with early bird rights.

The best hope is you win a ring. Marc retires and gets his money that he took a wink wink deal like Duncan for with 2 years when he had better free agent offers including from Toronto. Dudley plays Haslem for another year on the bench. Wes walks away to a new team role, but you give his 3 mil plus salary to Markieff, BAE like money without the exception. Then you use Caruso to get you a nice trade exemption when some team over pays for him. You match THT. KCP and Kuzma comeback. Bron and AD get real rest from a real off season. Drummond takes the tax mle. The 2 ways get released to sign two guards to be developed like Tucker and Caruso were. Jones gets a contract like what Cook got which was unguaranteed but at the minimum. Drummond takes the tax MLE and your word you will take care of him. Call up Javale for the minimum that is guaranteed. Then wait to buyout season next year and after Rondo has broek the Clippers down and let him retire a Laker after he breaks Kawhi and PG when he tells them straight up what he thinks of them :lol:
Image
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 19,282
And1: 7,484
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#30 » by iamworthy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:39 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I'm not even sure there's a way to lock him up long term, but I'm glad he's here, and let's hope it translates well..

Tax MLE of 5 mil. It has to be that to not hard cap the team. Then the following year his salary can start at 11mil a year.

If they are not hard capped by being the recipient of a sign and trade and only use the MLE that comes with being a tax payer, they can do more things. Dennis can get his raise pass that 18M a year start that he is limited to now. Trez can opt in if he chooses and make 11M for a year and get early bird rights. Morris can get his raise and take the salary of a guy like Wes with early bird rights.

The best hope is you win a ring. Marc retires and gets his money that he took a wink wink deal like Duncan for with 2 years when he had better free agent offers including from Toronto. Dudley plays Haslem for another year on the bench. Wes walks away to a new team role, but you give his 3 mil plus salary to Markieff, BAE like money without the exception. Then you use Caruso to get you a nice trade exemption when some team over pays for him. You match THT. KCP and Kuzma comeback. Bron and AD get real rest from a real off season. Drummond takes the tax mle. The 2 ways get released to sign two guards to be developed like Tucker and Caruso were. Jones gets a contract like what Cook got which was unguaranteed but at the minimum. Drummond takes the tax MLE and your word you will take care of him. Call up Javale for the minimum that is guaranteed. Then wait to buyout season next year and after Rondo has broek the Clippers down and let him retire a Laker after he breaks Kawhi and PG when he tells them straight up what he thinks of them :lol:


So in other words Drummond is gone after this season.
Image
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 13,565
And1: 1,994
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#31 » by kblo247 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:00 pm

iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I'm not even sure there's a way to lock him up long term, but I'm glad he's here, and let's hope it translates well..

Tax MLE of 5 mil. It has to be that to not hard cap the team. Then the following year his salary can start at 11mil a year.

If they are not hard capped by being the recipient of a sign and trade and only use the MLE that comes with being a tax payer, they can do more things. Dennis can get his raise pass that 18M a year start that he is limited to now. Trez can opt in if he chooses and make 11M for a year and get early bird rights. Morris can get his raise and take the salary of a guy like Wes with early bird rights.

The best hope is you win a ring. Marc retires and gets his money that he took a wink wink deal like Duncan for with 2 years when he had better free agent offers including from Toronto. Dudley plays Haslem for another year on the bench. Wes walks away to a new team role, but you give his 3 mil plus salary to Markieff, BAE like money without the exception. Then you use Caruso to get you a nice trade exemption when some team over pays for him. You match THT. KCP and Kuzma comeback. Bron and AD get real rest from a real off season. Drummond takes the tax mle. The 2 ways get released to sign two guards to be developed like Tucker and Caruso were. Jones gets a contract like what Cook got which was unguaranteed but at the minimum. Drummond takes the tax MLE and your word you will take care of him. Call up Javale for the minimum that is guaranteed. Then wait to buyout season next year and after Rondo has broek the Clippers down and let him retire a Laker after he breaks Kawhi and PG when he tells them straight up what he thinks of them :lol:


So in other words Drummond is gone after this season.

Short of getting a movie deal, being a spokesman for AIG, or the first member of Team Lebron for his shoe line which he wanted to sign Luka for .. yep

I mean you never know, Jeanie might have the juice her dad had. Jeanies pops got Rick Fox to give up millions on the I will take care of you later promise, and Jerry followed through and paid him later. Kobe cut Jerry a discount too by not going for free agency before th e 3 peat and jerry paid him back later. If Jeanie can sell him on a discount next year of half his value, then make it up later, she’s truly her daddy’s daughter. And I say half his value because really 8-12 mil is the going rate for him, just look at Plumlee, Harrell, Ibaka, and Triesten while Noel, Javale, and Dwight get less than that and Aldridge and Blake are looking at bae to vet min for the rest of their days too
Image
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 19,548
And1: 9,946
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#32 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:42 pm

One interesting thing I noticed along those lines, from the interview... When the reporter from the OC Register (**** paper) asks him basically why the lakers because they can't sign him after this season anyway, like why a half a season rental? He gets this confused look on his face and looks away for a moment... Like either he didn't realize we couldn't sign him, or that wasn't the plan...

There are always ways to make deals happen, so maybe they have something worked out...
Image
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,113
And1: 1,122
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#33 » by stan francisco » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:21 am

Last year, we had Howard and McGee. This year, we have M Gasol, Trez and Drummond. The level at which Robber P is putting together this roster, I’m not worried about him doing it again next year.
2020-2021 rotations, regular season
PG: Caruso 20 | Schroeder 24 | THT 4
SG: Pope 20 | THT 16 | Matthews 12
SF: James 30 | Kuzma 16 | Dudley 2
PF: AD 28 | Harrell 12 | Kuzma 6 | Morrris 2
C: Drummond 24 | Gasol 12 | Harrell 10 | Kostas 2
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,113
And1: 1,122
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#34 » by stan francisco » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:39 am

Another thing, Harrell can now move to the PF spot in the second unit, next to Gasol at C. Gasol can be a stretch five while Trez can not only pull his man down low but also operate more in that mid range that he’s so good at.

With Kuz and THT cutting from the three and two spots it gets very difficult for the opponent to guard our second unit.

This is why I want Schröder to come off the bench. A second unit of Schröder, THT, Kuzma, Trez, Gasol is badass.

The starters: Caruso, KCP, LeBron, AD, AD2.

Defense!!! There’s already enough scoring and playmaking ability between LBJ and AD and AD2. Especially with the screens AD2 sets.
2020-2021 rotations, regular season
PG: Caruso 20 | Schroeder 24 | THT 4
SG: Pope 20 | THT 16 | Matthews 12
SF: James 30 | Kuzma 16 | Dudley 2
PF: AD 28 | Harrell 12 | Kuzma 6 | Morrris 2
C: Drummond 24 | Gasol 12 | Harrell 10 | Kostas 2
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 14,709
And1: 2,165
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#35 » by tugs » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:36 pm

If only DSchrod can buy in
User avatar
Beethoven
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,138
And1: 1,815
Joined: May 03, 2012
Location: Utopian Dystopia
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#36 » by Beethoven » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:50 pm

Cant wait to see him play tonite.
Stay humble
Don't assume anything
Play hard
Win the championship

Kobe Bryant forever
Image
bb22
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,974
And1: 780
Joined: Oct 08, 2012

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#37 » by bb22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:05 pm

Will know pretty quickly whether he's just an empty stats guy on a low-level team, or a legit all-star big. Hoping this organization can unlock that competitive drive in him.
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,113
And1: 1,122
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#38 » by stan francisco » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:16 pm

bb22 wrote:Will know pretty quickly whether he's just an empty stats guy on a low-level team, or a legit all-star big. Hoping this organization can unlock that competitive drive in him.


I’m not too worried, though. He’s never played on a contender with two(!) top five players next to him (once both are healthy). I think he’ll shine like never before when they’re both back.

Even if he just bangs down low and pulls down 14 rebounds per game and gets cheap putbacks and sets hard screens, that’s huge!
2020-2021 rotations, regular season
PG: Caruso 20 | Schroeder 24 | THT 4
SG: Pope 20 | THT 16 | Matthews 12
SF: James 30 | Kuzma 16 | Dudley 2
PF: AD 28 | Harrell 12 | Kuzma 6 | Morrris 2
C: Drummond 24 | Gasol 12 | Harrell 10 | Kostas 2
User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
General Manager
Posts: 9,339
And1: 2,139
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
     

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#39 » by ScHoolBoy B » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:31 pm

Going to have to lower our expectations a little bit the first game. I know for sure if Dre has a bad game, there will be A LOT of hot takes. I'm hoping I'm wrong and he comes out the gate swinging. I know for sure it's going to be a learning process for Dre, and I'm okay with that. Going to have to treat Dre like we did with AD on his contract year if we want any chance at resigning Dre.
Image

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
stan francisco
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,113
And1: 1,122
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Welcome to the Lakeshow, Andre Drummond! 

Post#40 » by stan francisco » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Going to have to lower our expectations a little bit the first game. I know for sure if Dre has a bad game, there will be A LOT of hot takes. I'm hoping I'm wrong and he comes out the gate swinging. I know for sure it's going to be a learning process for Dre, and I'm okay with that. Going to have to treat Dre like we did with AD on his contract year if we want any chance at resigning Dre.


Yep, I think he’ll show his full worth first once LBJ and AD are back. Having said that, he has a lot to prove so I’d guess he’ll have a big first game.
2020-2021 rotations, regular season
PG: Caruso 20 | Schroeder 24 | THT 4
SG: Pope 20 | THT 16 | Matthews 12
SF: James 30 | Kuzma 16 | Dudley 2
PF: AD 28 | Harrell 12 | Kuzma 6 | Morrris 2
C: Drummond 24 | Gasol 12 | Harrell 10 | Kostas 2

Return to Los Angeles Lakers