ImageImageImageImageImage

playoff matchup we would prefer

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Re: playoff matchup we would prefer 

Post#61 » by ROballer » Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:It's locked, we will play the Warriors in the play-in. Praying to God Curry doesn't have a supernova game.

We'll have two shots regardless.

Either way, it's clearly not going to be our year even if we make it. Top 3 guys out and will be rusty upon return, we'll have no HCA in every matchup we play and the history is not on our side. Worst seed to win it all was the 95' Rockets(6th seed). We're going to be 7/8.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#62 » by Beethoven » Thu May 13, 2021 5:25 am

We still have possibility of getting 6th.

But we'll end up playing clips. Pick your poison I guess.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#63 » by iamworthy » Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm

ROballer wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:It's locked, we will play the Warriors in the play-in. Praying to God Curry doesn't have a supernova game.

We'll have two shots regardless.

Either way, it's clearly not going to be our year even if we make it. Top 3 guys out and will be rusty upon return, we'll have no HCA in every matchup we play and the history is not on our side. Worst seed to win it all was the 95' Rockets(6th seed). We're going to be 7/8.

I don't think we have to be razor sharp to beat Utah or Phoenix in the first round. That being said, LeBron looked pretty damn good last week when he played and AD is rounding into form. Comparing this season in a historical context just doesn't make sense to me because this season is so weird. But if any team could win it all from being a bottom seed wouldn't it be a team that had LeBron and AD on it :dontknow: it's not going to happen but Vogel should seriously think about bringing Dennis off the bench and replace him with Caruso. IF we are healthy I think we will be fine, if not :(
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#64 » by stan francisco » Thu May 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Dennis off the bench, yes please. But perhaps not against Curry.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#65 » by Kilroy » Thu May 13, 2021 4:15 pm

I just want us to be situational with a guard rotation... It's been working the last few games... Leave everything on the table and don't get caught up in 'playoff rotations' etc... Keep starting 1 about Defense and stop looking at Schroder as an answer to our offensive woes... We need to defend first and score second and we need guys who can be effective if they only get the green light when LeBron and AD need them too...
So sure, start Schroder against the faster guards like Curry... But don't force him in when Caruso or THT might be a better choice...
Having Schroder carry the offense when LeBron sits isn't the worst idea in the world either... Put him in with Gasol and give him the green light to score at will rather than be a distributor...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#66 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 13, 2021 6:38 pm

We play GS first round, there's a strong possibility we goin 8th. And if we eliminate the #1 seed first round,, that proves the play in as a disaster and travesty
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#67 » by stan francisco » Thu May 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Kilroy wrote:I just want us to be situational with a guard rotation... It's been working the last few games... Leave everything on the table and don't get caught up in 'playoff rotations' etc... Keep starting 1 about Defense and stop looking at Schroder as an answer to our offensive woes... We need to defend first and score second and we need guys who can be effective if they only get the green light when LeBron and AD need them too...
So sure, start Schroder against the faster guards like Curry... But don't force him in when Caruso or THT might be a better choice...
Having Schroder carry the offense when LeBron sits isn't the worst idea in the world either... Put him in with Gasol and give him the green light to score at will rather than be a distributor...

Yeah, exactly. I’ve wanted Schröder coming off the bench since the day he claimed to be a starter, lol. But seriously; Schröder, THT, Kuzma, Harrell, Gasol is quite the f%#@<} second unit. A starting five with Caruso and KCP next to our ‘big three’ spells solid defense and good chances of winning.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#68 » by bb22 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:33 am

Looks like memphis and GS will be playing for 8th place on the last game of the season.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#69 » by Spanish_Laker » Fri May 14, 2021 12:07 pm

Rooting for the Grizzlies, I don't want to face super hot Curry in a win-or-go-home final.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#70 » by ROballer » Fri May 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:Rooting for the Grizzlies, I don't want to face super hot Curry in a win-or-go-home final.

It's not win or go home. 7 and 8 placed teams have two shots at this.

7/8 and 9/10 play eachother.

Winner of 7/8 automatically gets to the playoffs as a #7 seed. Loser plays the winner of 9/10 matchup for the #8 seed.

9/10 teams need to win twice to make it. 7/8 teams just once.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Beethoven » Fri May 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Hopefully Portland loses to Denver Sunday. We get 6th if we win over Indiana and pelicans.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#72 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Suns just beat Portland so if Denver beat Blazers and Lakers win their last 2 then Lakers get 6th but will likely face the Clips because they will wrap up 3rd for beating the 2 worst teams.... unless they tank to get 4th and get Dallas instead .....oh well
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#73 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Here's the plan. Lets go 8th. Destroy the 1st seed 1st round. And turn ridiculous the play in games
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#74 » by Beethoven » Fri May 14, 2021 3:37 pm

Spoiler:
I just noticed the Pacer game starts at 10am Pacific on Saturday.

Which means they are playing 7am early morning in Indiana.

These guys will be have to be at the court by 6am for shootaround,
be out of their hotel beds by 5am approx.

not sure how this is going to be something Lebron or AD will want to be a part of playing that early when the body is not fully warmed up (right after wake up), I guess.

nevermind...brain fart. lol too early in morning
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#75 » by Ballerhogger » Fri May 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Warriors play in
Suns
Nuggets
By this time it’s going be the jazz or clippers ... prefer the jazz
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#76 » by Ballerhogger » Fri May 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Dream scenario we play warriors Suns , blazers and nuggets
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#77 » by Ballerhogger » Fri May 14, 2021 4:07 pm

bb22 wrote:Looks like memphis and GS will be playing for 8th place on the last game of the season.

O.0 give me Memphis then !
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#78 » by tamaraw08 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:59 am

Clippers just lost and Denver currently gets 3rd spot. If they beat Portland and Lakers win last 2, Lakers avoid play in by getting 6th as they now face the Murray-less Nuggets.
4th place Clips draw Dallas while Portland battles GSW.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#79 » by kblo247 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am

tamaraw08 wrote:Clippers just lost and Denver currently gets 3rd spot. If they beat Portland and Lakers win last 2, Lakers avoid play in by getting 6th as they now face the Murray-less Nuggets.

In the scenario that Portland falls to 7-8 play in :lol:

Steph Curry is going to punk Dame on that court like he always has when the games matter. Then we get to see him send CP3 home and punk a team with no playoff experience . Draymond vs Ayton is going to favor Draymond too.

What I really want though is Portland to lose the 7-8 and then see Memphis. Let Ja send Dame home after last year when the Blazers got that undeserved playoff spot just because the league wanted to get Zion in only for ingram and ball to suck. Griz worked hard all last year to earn spot 8 and have it stolen by this play in concept so it would be great to see them get healthy and get their revenge game especially since they didn't have Jackson last year.

Derozan losing at spot 10 is great too because it sets up the narrative to leave the Spurs and head back to Toronto or somewhere. It also effectively ends Pop ever being mentioned next to Phil as a coach

----

If I am the Lakers though a bracket of Nuggets / Suns is cake ... Heck logic dictates the Clippers lose to their greatest enemy, ROUND 2
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#80 » by tamaraw08 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:30 pm

kblo247 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:Clippers just lost and Denver currently gets 3rd spot. If they beat Portland and Lakers win last 2, Lakers avoid play in by getting 6th as they now face the Murray-less Nuggets.

In the scenario that Portland falls to 7-8 play in :lol:

Steph Curry is going to punk Dame on that court like he always has when the games matter. Then we get to see him send CP3 home and punk a team with no playoff experience . Draymond vs Ayton is going to favor Draymond too.

What I really want though is Portland to lose the 7-8 and then see Memphis. Let Ja send Dame home after last year when the Blazers got that undeserved playoff spot just because the league wanted to get Zion in only for ingram and ball to suck. Griz worked hard all last year to earn spot 8 and have it stolen by this play in concept so it would be great to see them get healthy and get their revenge game especially since they didn't have Jackson last year.

Derozan losing at spot 10 is great too because it sets up the narrative to leave the Spurs and head back to Toronto or somewhere. It also effectively ends Pop ever being mentioned next to Phil as a coach

----

If I am the Lakers though a bracket of Nuggets / Suns is cake ... Heck logic dictates the Clippers lose to their greatest enemy, ROUND 2

The tricky part is for Denver to summon all the guts and motivation to actually beat Portland on the road knowing that if they did that, they face the Lakes in the first round

Return to Los Angeles Lakers