ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers @ Heat, Game #52, 4/8, 7:30 PM

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Lakers @ Heat, Game #52, 4/8, 7:30 PM 

Post#21 » by kblo247 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:39 pm

Slava wrote:Surprise this was even close with 4 of our top offensive players out and Marc drawing a DNP-CD.

I don’t get the dnp for Marc. Had his best game of the year and couldn’t see the court but was put in a spot on tv where he should chew Vogel’s ass out tbh. There was no reason to not play Marc as the backup 5 and Trez as backup 4. Instead you trot out Gleague Mckinnie at the 4 and Ben with practice time or anything. And Dennis kept turning the damn ball over so you needed a facilitator and shooter.

Kuz probably should sit this weekend out too. It was bound to happen he hurt his legs or pulled something. Without AD his minutes went from 25 to 31 a night. Since Bron went down he jumped to 38 a night and was leading the team in total points minutes and rebounds, second in assists and blocks. He was going to sprain or hurt something based off the fact he was playing the most and the jump in minutes and attention.

Kcp was told by Frank to go out there and get the team 25 and don’t worry about limiting his shots and did what he used to do, caught a rhythm and scored. That was a plus. Caruso also was a plus, he limited his mistakes. Markieff was once again solid as hell though I wish he slapped the ref. Wes played great.

THT would have been useful here, just stupidity on his part with the suspension because everyone knows that damn rule and he shouldn’t have had to be told stay off the court when we are short like that.

Dennis played bad. He played out if control. I don’t think it change what he gets paid or offered though, people get caught up on the word deserve. **** deserve it’s what his leverage and what he’s go get that dictates his deal like Tobias Harris a couple years ago. I’m just hoping Dennis finds his groove in the playoffs and cuts the turnovers down when Bron isn’t on the court for for 5-6 min stretches.

Drummond played better than I expected for his first full game in 2 months
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#22 » by bellabiyel » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:27 pm

schroder didnt deserve what he wants in free agency..i rather have rondo right now than him.. i will not be suprise if we met the clippers and rondo outplayed him.. his bbiq is just meh.
AUSTHIM REAVES
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#23 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:04 pm

I said it before, less change is better. Many questioned Magic when he got Rondo. Because of his ability to control games and decrease turnovers. Retain dwight. Mcgee. Where's Mcgee, helping a contending opponent (although slightly). Dwights on a contender. And now Rondo is in our own backyard. Pelinka is on the hook
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#24 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:13 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Slava wrote:Surprise this was even close with 4 of our top offensive players out and Marc drawing a DNP-CD.

I don’t get the dnp for Marc. Had his best game of the year and couldn’t see the court but was put in a spot on tv where he should chew Vogel’s ass out tbh. There was no reason to not play Marc as the backup 5 and Trez as backup 4. Instead you trot out Gleague Mckinnie at the 4 and Ben with practice time or anything. And Dennis kept turning the damn ball over so you needed a facilitator and shooter.

THT would have been useful here, just stupidity on his part with the suspension because everyone knows that damn rule and he shouldn’t have had to be told stay off the court when we are short like that.

Dennis played bad. He played out if control. I don’t think it change what he gets paid or offered though, people get caught up on the word deserve. **** deserve it’s what his leverage and what he’s go get that dictates his deal like Tobias Harris a couple years ago. I’m just hoping Dennis finds his groove in the playoffs and cuts the turnovers down when Bron isn’t on the court for for 5-6 min stretches.

Drummond played better than I expected for his first full game in 2 months

Vogel has a reputation of being a great guy so I think there is something that irritates the heck out of him regarding Gasol bec Marc just played 2-3 very good games before this Miami game and I'm guessing his lack of mobility to switch to perimeter guys. Harrell with his great offensive efficiency too would should be playing more than 33 mins w/o AD and Lebron but he is NOT.
Schroder is clearly not a very good facilitator and Marc would have helped setting up the offense with better offensive sets but Vogel is not that creative on that side of the ball.
Regarding the suspension, I really think they should modify the rules a bit, a 20 yr old leaving the bench and not being that close to the altercation shouldn't warrant that grave penalty bec in essense, the guy who suplexed/picked up another guy and throw to the floor causing the melee was punished less....
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#25 » by Beethoven » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:38 pm

I liked our spirit of fight during this game but totally was infuriated by the number of needless and senseless UNFORCED turnovers by this team.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#26 » by Slava » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:29 am

kblo247 wrote:

Vogel is way too planned and prepared and while that's advantageous in the playoffs, its also an achilles heel during the regular season where there is a need for experimentation in dire situations like these. He won't trot out a line up with significant defensive changes like moving Harrell to the 4 unless he gets to do it in practice and gets it right.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#27 » by kblo247 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:12 am

Slava wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

Vogel is way too planned and prepared and while that's advantageous in the playoffs, its also an achilles heel during the regular season where there is a need for experimentation in dire situations like these. He won't trot out a line up with significant defensive changes like moving Harrell to the 4 unless he gets to do it in practice and gets it right.

I agree but my thought is why not just go and see if it works these two to three games this weekend as Kuzma is out, Bron is out, and AD is out but Drummond is playing and everyone is traveling with the team. I mean I’ve seen Markieff guard Kawhi when Kuzma sat and guard Butler when Wes sat too. So at the point you’re letting Kieff experiment with guarding wings, like you have experimented with Kuzma being a point forward since Bron went out, you may as well experiment with Marc and Trez together. Trez is actually wing size besides his wingspan and he can’t really protect the rim, but he can surely eat off Marcs shooting, passing, and having Marc behind him in the middle.

I trust him in the playoffs. He earned that with the changes he made game to game and the work you can tell he put in. I will say I think we miss Rondo far more than Dwight or Javale though just from an intelligence standpoint of running an offense, but I think it can be mitigated if he used Marc better. I mean Dennis turned it over a lot, but go back and watch tape, and you see the difference was Marc hits who he screens and gives you room, but Drummond slips them which got him blitzed like we blitzed Lillard with traps.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#28 » by tugs » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:44 am

Watched the Raptors and Heat games. Marc is more than a step slower tbh. Yes he had his best game statistically but man he's slow with the rotations. He's still good in cutting off angles and lanes but that will only be effective if the opponent is funneled to him, not him running out to challenge shooters or moving laterally to follow drives from switches

More of a matchup situation I think. He might play against DJ but I expect him to be benched once Aldridge or Claxton is fielded next game vs the Nets
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#29 » by ROballer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:30 am

Jordan got 5 straight DNP-CD. He's in the same boat as Gasol.

Marc will only be useful against Jokic if we come to that, he needs to stay ready if it's not too much to ask. Because he's not playing again when everybody is healthy, he's had too good of a career to play him 3-4 mins in blowouts like we do with Cacok/Kostas.

Having a deep roster comes with a price, we and Nets are finding that out. Some of the players will have to sit.
You can't play 14 guys each night, that won't cut it.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers