Lakers @ Magic, Game #61, 4/26, 7:00 PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Read on Twitter
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Re: Lakers @ Magic, Game #61, 4/26, 7:00 PM 

Post#2 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:49 pm

12 games left in the year. We've been so unfortunate with injuries and I, like most fans, and probably like the team itself, have zoned out for the past couple of months, but now it's time to gain momentum. Even if the standings were irrelevant (though 2.5 games isn't all that much to be ahead of portland), the team needs to build confidence and chemistry right now. And I for one think staying atleast in the 4th/5th seeds would do a lot for our title chances. Even if Lebron comes back next week and we avoid any more injuries, I think we are going to need some time to get to championship level ball, and it's in our best interest to avoid the clippers until then.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#3 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:21 pm

I'm liking Drummond to start. Then pull him or add minutes depending on how the matchup is going
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Post#4 » by NoseBleedLakers » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:53 pm

Lakers love blowing them leads. Led 32-16 at the 11 minute mark and have been outscored 26-9 since then. Magic are shooting 91% in this 2nd quarter. What a joke :lol:
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#5 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:12 am

Vogel is having a problem with lineups. I don't think he has the correct matchups yet. He's still trying to figure it out
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#6 » by BEazy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:12 am

I don't think this team has what it takes to win a championship this year. Games like this tell me a lot about the heart of this team. I would love to be wrong, but it just not looking good for us.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Post#7 » by NoseBleedLakers » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:16 am

Holy **** was that second quarter a complete joke or what lol. Taking a page from their last game against Dallas.

Lakers proceeded to go on a 7 minute stretch where they got outscored 31-9, and 40-22 overall in that quarter.

These guys really know how to stink it up on both ends of the floor. Zero defense and zero offense, all at the same time.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#8 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:35 am

meh
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#9 » by Slava » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:55 am

Since when did the Magic rebrand themselves as the Orlando Suns?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#10 » by Freighttrain » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:15 am

Still not a fan, but Schröder has been playing well the last few games. In the end, it's a good win considering the Mavs lost and that gives a bit more breathing space in fifth place. I'm hoping Bron will come back so we can finally get some chemistry. Vogel has been playing with the line-ups and will do so till Bron comes back. We need 8-10 games with all of our team so we can gain some momentum heading into the playoffs. Right now we don't look like a championship team.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#11 » by Hans1984 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:53 am

Team is looking terrible right now. Lebron save us !
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#12 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Team looks terrible without Bron. But also team looked terrible without AD. This team is like German engineering. You get one tiny little piece broken or missing and the whole thing doesn't work but you get all pieces working the thing is the best in its class
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#13 » by iamworthy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:13 pm

Penberthy said it takes about 10 games to get your legs under you. I wouldn't be shocked to see LeBron come back when there's 10 games left in the season.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#14 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 pm

iamworthy wrote:Penberthy said it takes about 10 games to get your legs under you. I wouldn't be shocked to see LeBron come back when there's 10 games left in the season.

Rumors are he is coming back Sunday
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#15 » by Kilroy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm

Not much positive about this game... AD looks better but still no where near last season... He's approaching his average this season... Which wasn't all that great to begin with.
He and Drummond don't even look like they're on the same court.
The offense looks like it has no idea what it's doing with AD in the game...

From what I saw, Drummond looked like he was doing what he's supposed to, but AD just didn't look comfortable playing next to him. But when Harrell plays our defense sucks... AD and Drummond need to figure out how to play off each other pretty quick...

This was a 500 team without AD and LeBron... AD coming back isn't helping anything right now. As great as he is, he's not an Alpha... Something to keep in mind as we're looking forward to the end of the LeBron era...

Schroder and KCP seem to have picked up their games recently... It looks like AD being back has lit a bit of a fire in Schroder.
He's talking all kinds of smack too, which seems to be igniting him also... But the problem is, the guy he's messing with lights him up each time... So maybe the Dennis the Menace thing is backfiring a bit...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#16 » by bb22 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Kilroy wrote:Not much positive about this game... AD looks better but still no where near last season... He's approaching his average this season... Which wasn't all that great to begin with.
The offense looks like it has no idea what it's doing with AD in the game...

From what I saw, Drummond looked like he was doing what he's supposed to, but AD just didn't look comfortable playing next to him. But when Harrell plays our defense sucks... AD and Drummond need to figure out how to play off each other pretty quick...

This was a 500 team without AD and LeBron... AD coming back isn't helping anything right now. As great as he is, he's not an Alpha... Something to keep in mind as we're looking forward to the end of the LeBron era...

Schroder and KCP seem to have picked up their games recently... It looks like AD being back has lit a bit of a fire in Schroder.
He's talking all kinds of smack too, which seems to be igniting him also... But the problem is, the guy he's messing with lights him up each time... So maybe the Dennis the Menace thing is backfiring a bit...

It's gonna look disjointed for a while. Probably even when Lebron gets back and players like Dennis have to re-adjust to being the 3-4th option. Other than health, the biggest issue for the Lakers right now is getting enough practice/games in and finding their rhythm in time for the playoffs. Going up against a well oiled machine like Denver in the first round will be tough. They haven't lost a step even with Jamal out.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,287

Post#17 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Kilroy wrote:Not much positive about this game... AD looks better but still no where near last season... He's approaching his average this season... Which wasn't all that great to begin with.
The offense looks like it has no idea what it's doing with AD in the game..

Drummond and AD currently has a -12.5 as a 2 man combo per basketballref.
I hate to address the elephant in the room ...which is AD's playing style as if he's the 2nd coming of KD taking a bunch of perimeter shots. Yes, I know he's still wary of leaping high and landing on other players feet and getting banged around but this season, even before the injury, he has been taking so many perimeter shots= less FTs and high % shots. Last night, he had 5 turnovers, trying to make those fancy dribbles and turns etc in the perimeter.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#18 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:54 pm

I've seen Vogel indy teams. Orlando teams. And there are striking similarities. An excellent Defensive tactician. But offensively, long droughts. Extended periods of no scoring. No offensive system.
Fortunately here for Vogel, he has Lebron. Someone who is an offensive system all by himself.
This brings me back to Magics understanding of that, and hired Rondo now running the Clippers system.
So we need Lebron in more ways than 1. Without him, we struggle schematically. We turnover the ball in crucial situations. And Rondo is gone.
I've been watching the next home game as his return. That should give us time needed to play out the kinks

Return to Los Angeles Lakers