ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors @ Lakers, Game #64 5/2, 10:00 PM

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Re: Raptors @ Lakers, Game #64 5/2, 10:00 PM 

Post#101 » by TwoStarz » Mon May 3, 2021 6:13 am

How can you be a professional team manager and coach but not know that Gasol even as a corpse is better than Drummond.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#102 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 3, 2021 6:27 am

I said it before the season started. Don't mess with the chemistry of the team. Weve got too many changes that takes time to relearn schemes and systems. Build rhythm.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#103 » by Kilroy » Mon May 3, 2021 7:36 am

Don't like the quotes... Up until those quotes, I've been pretty confident... Now I'm trying really hard not to see similarities to how all Lebron's other super teams ended...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#104 » by kblo247 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#105 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 3, 2021 8:02 am

I'm upset at Kuz. Why you talkin, while all of Laker Nation be upset at your consistent dumba** play. Bring your game up with the expansion of your skillsets, then bring the talk
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#106 » by Freighttrain » Mon May 3, 2021 9:01 am

We just never had consistency and chemistry because of COVID & injuries. This isn't our year. LeBron isn't healthy but he's playing which will bite us come playoff time. AD looks like an all-star, not all-NBA. I have no idea why that is, but it is what it is. It's looking bleak at the moment and my mind is already looking towards the offseason if I'm honest. With Laker fans, home games being packed and trying to build again like a normal season. This ain't it.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#107 » by Spanish_Laker » Mon May 3, 2021 9:08 am

Anthony Davis isn't playing like an All-Star, let alone a superstar. I'm mad at this soft boy made of glass. Is he really the guy we are going to build around when LeBron retires? No thanks, I'm already sick of his contested fadeaway jumpers already, this man can't do anything else this season.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#108 » by xinxin » Mon May 3, 2021 10:01 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:Anthony Davis isn't playing like an All-Star, let alone a superstar. I'm mad at this soft boy made of glass. Is he really the guy we are going to build around when LeBron retires? No thanks, I'm already sick of his contested fadeaway jumpers already, this man can't do anything else this season.

too many fade away jumpers. too slow in moving to the basket, if at all. I get it that he's coming from a long lay off. but time is really running out for the lakers.

I expect them to continue to suck for the next 2- 3 games, which may be the difference between the lakers staying at 6 or plummeting all the way down to 8 or 9.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#109 » by kblo247 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:44 am

LAKESHOW wrote:I'm upset at Kuz. Why you talkin, while all of Laker Nation be upset at your consistent dumba** play. Bring your game up with the expansion of your skillsets, then bring the talk

They were winning more games before playing Marc. Their defensive numbers were better with Marc. Their offensive numbers were better with Marc. Kuz has tried his ass off on D only to see Trez and Drummond **** that up to all hell when they play. It is legit frustration on his part because AD, Kuzma, Marc, and Kieff offer a better chance to play winning ball that Trez or Drummond line ups and he’s seeing it in the regular season when the seeding matters because of the play ins, so he knows it’s go get worse when Trez and Drummond get singled out in the playoffs. I think the Dallas game blew him when he saw Drummond get smoked over and over.

Kuz knows Drummond and Trez should be 15 min situational, benched at time bigs depending on matchup like Javale and Dwight. He also knows what Marc knew when he initially bitched, you don’t bench him for that because you box score happy when Marc is W column happy
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#110 » by iamworthy » Mon May 3, 2021 1:23 pm

Pickuphoop Twitter:

AD has a net rating of -28.6 since returning from injury.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#111 » by Hans1984 » Mon May 3, 2021 1:52 pm

This team has no pride or heart right now. The effort was terribel aswell. We might aswell skip the playoffs the way things are going right now.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,286

Post#112 » by tamaraw08 » Mon May 3, 2021 3:08 pm

xinxin wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:Anthony Davis isn't playing like an All-Star, let alone a superstar. I'm mad at this soft boy made of glass. Is he really the guy we are going to build around when LeBron retires? No thanks, I'm already sick of his contested fadeaway jumpers already, this man can't do anything else this season.

too many fade away jumpers. too slow in moving to the basket, if at all. I get it that he's coming from a long lay off. but time is really running out for the lakers.

I expect them to continue to suck for the next 2- 3 games, which may be the difference between the lakers staying at 6 or plummeting all the way down to 8 or 9.

AD actually has been taking a ton of those fade-away 16 footers BEFORE he technically got "injured". I said technically bec he just didn't seemed right even the start of the season and I had concerns about it as early as January....
Here are the narratives.
1. Schroder is a turnover machine and a bad fit next to Lebron. Yes, a great shooter shooter/floor spacer PG would have been MUCH better fit esp if he passes like Rondo, I FULLY AGREE but its not like he is turning the ball over 5 times every game. The past 15 games or so, he has pretty much cleaned it up. He was like 4.4 turnover per 100 possessions for the year, comparable with most PGs, and yes, he doesn't pass great like CP3 or Rondo, but that is bec he is NOT A TYPICAL PG.
2. KCP is a bad shooter, KCP for this season is averaging 41% from 3, yes he was on fire last December and yes he went ice cold January but he has regained his touch the past 2 months.
3. Lakers BADLY NEEDS a shotblocker/rim protector. They missed Dwight/McGee and Marc is too slow and nonathletic. JMG and Dwight barely played in the last playoffs were they were at best with AD at the 5. BTW, Lakers before getting Drummond were NO 1 in DRTG bec they play good defense with MINIMAL FT allowed, drawing charges, precised rotations etc.
4. Ben looked great spot shooting from 3. Yes, he does...for now, bear in mind that his career % is 36.3 a better sample than 5 games or so, btw, Wes has a career 37.9% and plays much BETTER DEFENSE. There's a LEGIT REASON why Maclemore was AVAILABLE CHEAP!!.
5. THT is much better running the point and should play more. While the kid is showing a ton of potential, great flashes of brilliance etc, he is still not ready IMO. Fans here whine about how bad a shooter Dennis is, THT is shooting 26% for his CAREER at the 3pt area.
6. EVERYTHING will be back to NORMAL DOMINATING TIMES when James and AD returns...when healthy... Well, they are relatively healthy but they are NOT SHARP. One microcosm of this was when James tried to read the King's offense, he read it right, tried to run and intercept the ball from the foul line... but he was A SECOND LATE. Pass went through, Schroder saw James left his man the low post and runs to cover but leaves Halliburton open, then his man got the ball and swish.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#113 » by slifersd » Mon May 3, 2021 6:42 pm

This team never focused on being a good team this year. Ever since the offseason, all they ever want to talk about is stay healthy. They sounded like the Clippers from last season. They thought the ring was in the bag, and that pretty much never works well. AD looked like garbage before his injury and isn't looking any better now. LBJ, man, this guy just doesn't recover from his injuries. Every time he gets anything, he's basically done for the season. Five and a half weeks for a high ankle sprain is not rushing it back, his body simply just doesn't recover.
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#114 » by dkb9696 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:45 pm

If the Lakers get bounced from the play in tournament and miss the playoffs they are going to look really stupid for not trading Talen Horton-Tucker for Kyle Lowry.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#115 » by bb22 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:49 pm

At least we got some activity here now, haha.
Nothing is looking promising, and it’s too late for a shakeup, but you can’t count them out when healthy. If Lebron can play like he did last year, the Lakers will be a tough team to beat in a 7 game series. I think the Nets are the only team that could really hurt us, given how non-dominant AD and Drummond are down low.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#116 » by iamworthy » Wed May 5, 2021 5:20 pm

So did LeBron come back to early? I have a hard time believing anyone can actually make him play before he wants to.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#117 » by Kilroy » Wed May 5, 2021 6:05 pm

iamworthy wrote:So did LeBron come back to early? I have a hard time believing anyone can actually make him play before he wants to.

Personally, I don't buy that... I think it may have something to do with Schroder's Covid thing... Maybe they don't have to test if they're out on an injury? IDK...
Aside from that, I also think he may have realized the team was broken with both he and AD in the game and recognized AD needed more time to figure out his new team mates...

Either way, it's getting really late in the day for him to be missing games and us to have a shot at the finals...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#118 » by iamworthy » Wed May 5, 2021 7:53 pm

Kilroy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:So did LeBron come back to early? I have a hard time believing anyone can actually make him play before he wants to.

Personally, I don't buy that... I think it may have something to do with Schroder's Covid thing... Maybe they don't have to test if they're out on an injury? IDK...
Aside from that, I also think he may have realized the team was broken with both he and AD in the game and recognized AD needed more time to figure out his new team mates...

Either way, it's getting really late in the day for him to be missing games and us to have a shot at the finals...

Yeah, I'm not buying the ankle excuse. Especially because it was reported that he did not have a set back. something is going on.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#119 » by Beethoven » Wed May 5, 2021 8:15 pm

^well at least it is not an ankle set back. Anything can be better than that!
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers