Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Re: Lakers @ Pacers, Game #71, 5/15, 1:00 PM 

Post#21 » by Beethoven » Sat May 15, 2021 9:01 pm

We lookin good.

Get ready for gsw Wednesday.

Denver will not be winning their Portland game if they can help it.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#22 » by LAKESHOW » Sat May 15, 2021 9:34 pm

Kilroy wrote:Does drummond have like really disproportionately small hands or something? He bobbles everything...

Here's the thing for me. Weve had tons of Superstar centers before. But Drummond, doesn't seem to play with Power. Like rise up and Fk you up with a Jam in your face. I know he's strong. But I'm not seeing the RAM down your throat. I dunno. Maybe it'll show up next week.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#23 » by stan francisco » Sat May 15, 2021 10:05 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Does drummond have like really disproportionately small hands or something? He bobbles everything...

Here's the thing for me. Weve had tons of Superstar centers before. But Drummond, doesn't seem to play with Power. Like rise up and Fk you up with a Jam in your face. I know he's strong. But I'm not seeing the RAM down your throat. I dunno. Maybe it'll show up next week.

I hear you. Waiting for that dominance bullying part. So far, he’s only brought the -nance part.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#24 » by Kilroy » Sat May 15, 2021 10:24 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:

I think that comes from 2 things... His body isn't in as good shape as it should be... He needs to work on his base and explosiveness...
And he's either not that motivated or not that intuitive on the court... he's having to think about what he's doing rather than it just coming naturally... Not sure we have time to give him for him to learn from this experience and get better going forward, but, I think I'm still leaning toward offering Schroder's money to Drummond to see if we can keep him... I feel like he has the raw tools to be great next to AD, he's just not been coached well yet and wasn't motivated... Big guys need more time to get their body and reactions right... So maybe if we can hold onto him another season, by this time next year, he'd be clicking with AD and leBron.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#25 » by Freighttrain » Sat May 15, 2021 10:29 pm

Most important keys I took from this game were:

1) LeBron looked spry, way better than those other 2 games against the Kings & Raptors
2) Davis looks postseason ready
3) Schröder is still not comfortable in his role with LeBron on the floor. He should be the lead for our benchmob. If Frank has the balls, he'll do so in the playoffs
4) Drummond looks good with LeBron, but there is going to be a close game in the playoffs with a LeBron easy pick n roll finish from Drummond and he's going to let it magically slip out of his hands and cost us the game and I'm going to yell at my screen when it happens
5) I have had more thoughtswings about Kuz's play this season than the number of times he changed his hair. Can't figure him out and neither can he
6) play Gasol more, we're going to need him
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#26 » by stan francisco » Sat May 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Freighttrain wrote:Most important keys I took from this game were:

1) LeBron looked spry, way better than those other 2 games against the Kings & Raptors
2) Davis looks postseason ready
3) Schröder is still not comfortable in his role with LeBron on the floor. He should be the lead for our benchmob. If Frank has the balls, he'll do so in the playoffs
4) Drummond looks good with LeBron, but there is going to be a close game in the playoffs with a LeBron easy pick n roll finish from Drummond and he's going to let it magically slip out of his hands and cost us the game and I'm going to yell at my screen when it happens
5) I have had more thoughtswings about Kuz's play this season than the number of times he changed his hair. Can't figure him out and neither can he
6) play Gasol more, we're going to need him

Preach.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#27 » by Beethoven » Sun May 16, 2021 2:13 pm

I love Dudley 's varsity jacket that is so sweet how do i get one of those? No cheap knock offs.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers