ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers @ Pelicans, Game #72, 5/16, 9:00 PM

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Re: Lakers @ Pelicans, Game #72, 5/16, 9:00 PM 

Post#21 » by EArl » Mon May 17, 2021 5:24 am

Just have to care of business against the Warriors and get ready for the Suns.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#22 » by Kilroy » Mon May 17, 2021 7:04 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Just came in here to say Schroder trash as ****. Since his 4-4 in the 1st he scored only 2 points the rest of the way. SORRY ASS TRASH SCHRODER.

LeBron went after him pretty hard in the 3rd about a missed Defensive assignment, which is why I said he may have played himself to the bench... The offense and the Defense just doesn't look right when he's in with the starters... That said, when he was playing a true 2 next to LeBron and Caruso, he looked decent...
And we're going to need his speed against curry... So he'll probably start against GSW, but after that, I'm betting Caruso and KCP start.

I agree with everything you said. I just don't like how guys, not here specifically, tend to overrate his impact. He literally scored 2 POINTS in quarters 2, quarter 3, and quarter 4. That's suppose to be our non-traditional PG worth over 20 mil? Against a inferior Pelicans team on top of that. I didn't even know who was starting at PG for Pelicans...Like I don't see how people are so in love with this dude. If you talk bad about Schroder on LG, his fan brigade will come to his defense and overrate the hell out of this dude. Talking about his feisty defense...Caris LeVert was blowing past him all game when we played the Pacers last game. He's a fouling machine too. I have more faith in AC on Curry than Schroder.

Yeah, I got that we were on the same page, I was just using your post to expand on why I said I thought Schroder might be heading to the bench... I haven't seen LeBron that pissed with a team mate since JR Smith...
I'm actually still kind of blown away by it...

2 take-aways that just dawned on me about Vogel's post game the other night after the Portland game I beleive... He was asked about THT's play, with th high productivity but some turnovers and he said "Let's stay positive... THT has been great for us... Especially for playing PG for us which is not his normal position. He's normally a scoring 2..."
That tells me 1. That THT has his confidence, but probably won't be starting in the playoffs. But also, and more interesting 2. It removed an excuse from Schroder's play... Because he's also a 'Scoring 2' being asked to play the 1.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#23 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 17, 2021 8:59 am

This is what happens when you spoil chemistry. You have to re teach stuff
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#24 » by Freighttrain » Mon May 17, 2021 11:09 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Just came in here to say Schroder trash as ****. Since his 4-4 in the 1st he scored only 2 points the rest of the way. SORRY ASS TRASH SCHRODER.

LeBron went after him pretty hard in the 3rd about a missed Defensive assignment, which is why I said he may have played himself to the bench... The offense and the Defense just doesn't look right when he's in with the starters... That said, when he was playing a true 2 next to LeBron and Caruso, he looked decent...
And we're going to need his speed against curry... So he'll probably start against GSW, but after that, I'm betting Caruso and KCP start.

I agree with everything you said. I just don't like how guys, not here specifically, tend to overrate his impact. He literally scored 2 POINTS in quarters 2, quarter 3, and quarter 4. That's suppose to be our non-traditional PG worth over 20 mil? Against a inferior Pelicans team on top of that. I didn't even know who was starting at PG for Pelicans...Like I don't see how people are so in love with this dude. If you talk bad about Schroder on LG, his fan brigade will come to his defense and overrate the hell out of this dude. Talking about his feisty defense...Caris LeVert was blowing past him all game when we played the Pacers last game. He's a fouling machine too. I have more faith in AC on Curry than Schroder.

I'd rather let him walk this summer and pay Caruso half of what Shröder wants. We can spend that other half of the money on players who'll fit more within the system.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#25 » by iamworthy » Mon May 17, 2021 2:12 pm

LeBrons +/- was -2
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#26 » by stan francisco » Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 pm

I’m very happy that it played out this way. Proud that we went for winning, not tanking and strategy bs, and still got who we wanted. We’re ready to beat the Warriors, we’d get punked by the Clitters and Nuggets right now.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#27 » by Kilroy » Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm

iamworthy wrote:LeBrons +/- was -2

Yeah, aside from a couple steals last night, he's still playing -20 defense... So I think that's why... He needs the play-in bad. So does Schroder. I think AD's looking better though... Although maybe not like he did last season.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#28 » by iamworthy » Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm

So Drummond has posted a double double in under 30 minutes and has had a respectable +/-the last 4 games. do people still think he's a problem going forward?
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#29 » by Freighttrain » Tue May 18, 2021 6:12 am

iamworthy wrote:So Drummond has posted a double double in under 30 minutes and has had a respectable +/-the last 4 games. do people still think he's a problem going forward?

He seems to be more comfortable within the system and his 'Dwight Howard' role indeed. He's a bigger presence than Dwight on the offensive end, which could be good but also bad in terms of clogging the lanes, he's really the opposite from Gasol in terms of spacing, which is good as we have both. I do like how he got those couple of dunks when he comes from almost behind to rim just outside the paint when LeBron does a pick & roll with AD. That could be lethal. I also think he'll only be out there against certain matchups, but he'll have some DNP's for sure. On the defensive end tho, he doesn't seem as disruptive as Dwight was, so I'm still not sure if he's an overall upgrade from last year. My hunch tells me no, but we'll have to wait for the play-in/playoffs to decide that.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#30 » by iamworthy » Tue May 18, 2021 12:46 pm

One thing to remember is all of the new guys are really at a disadvantage this year due to the lack of practicing. Our defense in particular is hurt by it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#31 » by Kilroy » Tue May 18, 2021 3:29 pm

iamworthy wrote:So Drummond has posted a double double in under 30 minutes and has had a respectable +/-the last 4 games. do people still think he's a problem going forward?

Just a bigger Trez... It may not necessarily be his fault, but when he gets his, nobody else gets theirs... That said, there have been games where he and AD seem to have been meshing better.
When he's active, AD seems to stand around watching... So whether it's AD's fault or Drummond's, is probably a personal choice.. It's just kind of a bad fit so far...
I like how Drummond is cutting and attacking the basket off the ball though... That's something AD doesn't seem to be doing this season. If Drummond could just catch some of the passes coming his way, he'd have like 30ppg...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers