RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: Phoenix @ Lakers, Playoffs GM4, 5/30 

Post#121 » by BEazy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:13 pm

Kilroy wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
chefy wrote:Let’s get rid of all our bigs man

Yeah man, our bigs are too flawed...

I don't understand this... Drummond and Gasol were solid for us, Gasol was absolutely key in us keeping in the game...

Now, I wouldn't necessarily keep them next season, but they played better than they have all season, for this series. I don't see a lot to complain about.

Yeah they played decent, but they're still flawed. Gasol is slow as hell and can't defend the rim, Drummond has brick hands and IMO he's overweight and his rim protection is mediocre, Trez is a midget and plays no defense.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,234

Post#122 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun May 30, 2021 10:14 pm

Jedi32 wrote:Chin up fellas. At least we got a chip out of the LeBron AD era. This season had to quick of a turnaround. Then you add in the new pieces and the injuries and it was an uphill battle from the jump. We're all disappointed, but it's still 2-2. It's the best 2 outta 3 now. Let's see what we're made of.

I wanna fight this cursed season. Still believe we can win but odds are stacked against us. **** this season.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#123 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 pm

Kilroy wrote:
siFy wrote:I don't know who is worst if Schroder or Drummond. What a bad offseason by Pelinka when he has the roster done

IDK, neither has been bad this series... Schroder was a monster for us last couple games and Drummond has been putting up solid numbers...

I know the Lebron stans don't want to hear this but his antics in the 3rd of game 3 changed everything... AD got goofy and hurt himself that game, and then the entire team came in cocky and unfocused to this one...
Now we may not win this series without AD...

If there's a player on the team other than LeBron I put this on, it'd be Kuzma, but beyond that, and a general lack of hitting shots, I'm not mad at anyone... Certainly not Drummond or Schroder, beyond that last stupid drive by Schroder, and that ill-advised flop by drummond.

The problem is that both tend to do much more than they can and disrupt the chemistry and roles well in the case of Drummond he has to much bad things that hurt the team. Dennis well but he is what it is a backup pg with his good and bad games I never liked his game to much ball in this hands always when he is not constant can't run the offense because he don't have good vision and doesn't have a solid shot. Rondo was perfect for those type of games and I prefer a guy like Green much more than Dennis in the Playoffs.

At the end the injuries determine all the season. When is not the year is not the year.
Hank7
Junior
And1: 68

Post#124 » by Hank7 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 pm

Kilroy wrote:
siFy wrote:I don't know who is worst if Schroder or Drummond. What a bad offseason by Pelinka when he has the roster done

IDK, neither has been bad this series... Schroder was a monster for us last couple games and Drummond has been putting up solid numbers...

I know the Lebron stans don't want to hear this but his antics in the 3rd of game 3 changed everything... AD got goofy and hurt himself that game, and then the entire team came in cocky and unfocused to this one...
Now we may not win this series without AD...

If there's a player on the team other than LeBron I put this on, it'd be Kuzma, but beyond that, and a general lack of hitting shots, I'm not mad at anyone... Certainly not Drummond or Schroder, beyond that last stupid drive by Schroder, and that ill-advised flop by drummond.

Yep, Kuz looks like he's just going through the motions. Shooting 7 for 29 in the first four games is a lack of whatever above the shoulders.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#125 » by Kilroy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:17 pm

NoseBleedLakers wrote:Ain't gonna win a game shooting 39% from the field.
Lakers killed themselves by going 13-40 from three. Those 40 three point attempts made up half of their FG attempts lol :nonono:. And the 15 turnovers didn't help their cause either.

I have no idea why we came into this game with such a different mindset... It's just weird... KCP being out and AD being a little banged up really makes us a perimeter team? That's what Phoenix gave us but still...

We came into the game passive... Then we came back from the half even more passive... What the hell was Frank doing?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#126 » by SweetTouch » Sun May 30, 2021 10:17 pm

You guys blaming players forced to increase their play because their star players got injured

Healthy AD on the floor easy W
Stop being so disrespectful.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#127 » by chefy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:19 pm

We gonna need at least one of our bigs to show up in this series. And Schroder too.

Vogel should be studying the 2005 Lakers V Suns series. The way PJ maximized Kwame Brown and Smush Parker was just a freaking masterpiece.
BEazy
RealGM

Post#128 » by BEazy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:21 pm

SweetTouch wrote:You guys blaming players forced to increase their play because their star players got injured

This shouldn't be new to them though. So it's really not an excuse.

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#129 » by Kilroy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:21 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Yeah man, our bigs are too flawed...

I don't understand this... Drummond and Gasol were solid for us, Gasol was absolutely key in us keeping in the game...

Now, I wouldn't necessarily keep them next season, but they played better than they have all season, for this series. I don't see a lot to complain about.

Yeah they played decent, but they're still flawed. Gasol is slow as hell and can't defend the rim, Drummond has brick hands and IMO he's overweight and his rim protection is mediocre, Trez is a midget and plays no defense.

I thought Gasol actually protected the rim quite well this game... Better than I've seen him all season. But I get it... They are flawed... But they're much less flawed when AD can play and plays at a high level...

Trez finally got some burn and got owned, so that answered that 'question'... I'd keep Gasol on the cheap and dump Trez and Drummond and try to find something better... But that has to wait until next season...
For the playoffs, I'm not sure we can ask a whole lot more that we're getting from Gasol and Drummond so far this series.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#130 » by SweetTouch » Sun May 30, 2021 10:24 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
SweetTouch wrote:You guys blaming players forced to increase their play because their star players got injured

Right

We should understand role players can just easily play like starters
Stop being so disrespectful.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#131 » by Kilroy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:25 pm

True... But at the same time, AD's got a history of fragility, and LeBron is old... We should have a team around them that can step up when one of them is out...

It makes you wonder if KCP isn't the life blood of this team in some way...

On paper, you would think Kuzma, McLemore, Mathews, Caruso, Drummond, Gasol, Schroder, Trez, would have enough firepower to compete with most teams with both AD and LeBron out... But it just hasn't worked out...

Maybe it's on Vogel at this point... Does the coaching staff have any idea what works when AD and/or LeBron are out?
BEazy
RealGM

Post#132 » by BEazy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:28 pm

SweetTouch wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

Right

We should understand role players can just easily play like starters

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying they've experienced this before for such a long period during the regular season. It shouldn't push them off their game that much.

fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie

Post#133 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sun May 30, 2021 10:30 pm

I'm starting to look at Lebron contract with his age and man I'm having Kobe contract nightmares
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#134 » by Slava » Sun May 30, 2021 10:31 pm

I really didn’t expect to win an early tip off. Veteran teams rarely bring the energy for these games.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#135 » by Kilroy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:33 pm

chefy wrote:We gonna need at least one of our bigs to show up in this series. And Schroder too.

Vogel should be studying the 2005 Lakers V Suns series. The way PJ maximized Kwame Brown and Smush Parker was just a freaking masterpiece.

Marc was 12 and 8 with 3 blocks, 3 assists, and a steal... While shooting 67% and 60% from 3... And I don't think the numbers show how big a factor he was for us... So at least one big did show up for us, I'd say.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#136 » by chefy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:53 pm

Kilroy wrote:
chefy wrote:We gonna need at least one of our bigs to show up in this series. And Schroder too.

Marc was 12 and 8 with 3 blocks, 3 assists, and a steal... While shooting 67% and 60% from 3... And I don't think the numbers show how big a factor he was for us... So at least one big did show up for us, I'd say.

we'd live with this. the problem today was we lost AD. if we get some kind of production from one of our bigs (Marc/Harrell/Drummond/Morris) to help AD we'd be fine.

key factors for the Lakers.

Aggressiveness...I'm seeing no urgency with these guys at all.

Get Schroder and our starting center going early in the game. key is to attack the Suns' interior/Ayton.

Lebron and AD needs to be on scorer/attack mode.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#137 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lebron didn’t run back on defense snd Crowder hit the dagger
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie

Post#138 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sun May 30, 2021 11:16 pm

With AD out they aren't going to win the ring. And those injuries aren't going to be only for this serie probably. It's just force more to do what it's not possible and I see teams breaking their best players with really bad injuries to go to anywhere a lot of times. The only way is Lebron getting back to 2012 and this is not the East he can win this series if he is the most agressive he can and all the team go trough him but those things pay and he is 36 and rusty coming of an ankle injury.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#139 » by iamworthy » Sun May 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Slava wrote:I really didn’t expect to win an early tip off. Veteran teams rarely bring the energy for these games.

I'm less worried about this game and more worried about Ads health. Groins are horrible. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out for a while.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#140 » by Kilroy » Mon May 31, 2021 12:11 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lebron didn’t run back on defense snd Crowder hit the dagger

Yeah, that was a bad look for sure... But I think LeBron knew it was over when Schroder didn't get the bucket or the foul.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers